IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Wednesday Club - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wednesday Club, Ideas wanted
RichFromant
post Mar 8 2022, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

So the last couple of months there has been a slow decline in the number of players on Wednesday night dungeons and Duncan and a few of us have been chatting to try and discover why.
When they first started they were really popular and a nice social evening with people from all different friendship groups at the caves having a good dungeon and nice chat after pizza after and ideally that’s what we want to get back to.
We are interested to hear why people have stopped coming and what, if anything, can be changed to encourage people to come back to playing them. Some thoughts and suggestions we had:

Is once every 2 weeks too often?
Is the current cost too much?
Would a cheaper evening with no pizza encourage you to attend? Would you still crew without pizza at the end?
Would people prefer a different level? (Although unlikely to go above Max 1500 for a single length)
From the 1st April price is due to increase to £30 with minimum of £10 cash payment from the current £27.50 with minimum £15.50 payment, is this price change likely to effect if you play?

We are going to go back to having pizza downstairs in the tavern when the weather isn’t great to avoid standing outside in the cold or disrupting the DnD game in the shop but are happy to hear other ideas and suggestions to get Wednesday’s back popular again. Next weeks one currently only has 4 players

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Mar 8 2022, 09:39 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 242

I love Wednesdays. I have booked to monster the last few and switch to play on the day due to lack of players. Nothing has really changed for me, though a price increase when I cant eat the pizza is not wildly exciting for me.

Heather

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Mar 8 2022, 10:03 AM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,893

It is just RL getting in the way for me being down at present. I'm hoping to be back on them all and playing from April.

--------------------
Grisgriel, Standard Bearer of the Saintly Martial Order of Talthar

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

Amadou Pyreborn, Phoenix Elf pyromaniac Al Hariq Simoon, Efreet of Fire

+Quote Post
giles
post Mar 8 2022, 10:50 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 68

I love Wednesdays - occasionally work means I have to miss one or two. I used to ref more - but then had less time to ref double lengths. Maybe running one at the 500/1k mark might encourage some newer people? Not sure

Giles.

+Quote Post
BenG
post Mar 8 2022, 11:48 AM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 6,995

Also a big fan of Wednesdays, means I get to play without needing to justify using weekend days with my other half!

Agree with Giles on some lower-end stuff potentially - it's a great way to try out new characters but a 1500 can be a bit daunting for a straight 8th high wizard for instance!

Would be great to get more people down, was always a really fun evening with a big party and a single length means that power users can really let rip!

Re Pizza / cost, tough one. I like the pizza but totally get that people like Heather who don't want the pizza get a lot less out of it. I'd probably stick with it myself as I think it's a nice perk for the monsters.

Cheers

Ben

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Mar 8 2022, 12:26 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,812

It’s my job now for me but I do think they’re a great evening, albeit I think a little too costly but understand why they are what they are.

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Mar 8 2022, 12:39 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,966

I'm a little less able to get out on a Weds compared to a Tuesday is my reason.

I could happily leave the pizza if others aren't bothered. Its a nice touch at the end but can't imagine it's cheap and may be pushing prices up. Maybe give people the option to pay +X for pizza, as you know at time of paying at the beginning how many are still needed?

+Quote Post
Whybover
post Mar 8 2022, 01:58 PM
Post #8

Levy

Member No.: 10,015

For me, I've not played any because 1500 is a little high for a new character, and because Pia can't make any of them. That's why I've crewed instead, but I'd happily play if I felt it was going to be a fun time.

Right now I'm on the fence about crewing more anyway, as it's just under 3-hours of driving for just about 3-hours of game. The pizza is a good crew incentive, but to be blunt I'd probably trade the pizza for 2 cans of drink and a chocolate and just grab a sandwich nearby; I don't think it alters my overall decision anywhere near as much as the cost of petrol or the time spent driving.

--------------------
Player: Ivan.
(Also responds poorly to Dr Slipper)

Character(s):
Corbin. Alfar.
Paskoje. Ritter Drachyul.
Renard. Tivorian.
Tydarch Nouspetra. Troll.
Consensus. Human.
Hewn Heart. Dwarf.

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Mar 8 2022, 02:10 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 446

I used to be an irregular player but RL now makes attending very hard.

This may change in the future but it seems to be going the other way

David

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 8 2022, 04:05 PM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 52

I really enjoy them.

Having the whole caves and being often high octane they can be great.

Party composition does really make a difference perhaps more so than a 2L as a result.

Price wise pending change of cost to £30 for a single length seems (to me) really expensive when compared to a normal double length.

Right now it's not being close that stops me taking part, once I am back in the general area I expect to be regularly involved but possibly more likely to at least alternate between playing and crewing.

Level wise I've tended to play lower points characters anyway, and being Max 1500 gives me a large range of options in the folder as well as still being happy to role out new concepts. Perhaps a few max 1k or even 500 could be an option but I doubt stating would change that much between 1k & 1.5.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Benjos75
post Mar 8 2022, 04:43 PM
Post #11

Levy

Member No.: 6,488

For me its the threshold thats the main blocker for attendance. I dont have many characters and once I breach said 15oo threshold I wont attend another midweek dungeon till I rarely decide to play something new.

The Wednesday date is also challenging due to commute time to the caves, unless you're a local (say 30mins or so to get to the caves) its a tall order during rush hour to get there in good time.

I'd be more inclined if the threshold was varied from time-to-time to say 5250 or 7.5k for the more experienced characters. Is there an issue with high thresholds and single lengths? Power availability perhaps?

+Quote Post
Dave
post Mar 9 2022, 06:13 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 62

It’s getting too steep for me.

But ina couple of months, Wednesdays might be the only day I can do in 2/3 week period.

Not much help but I doubt I’ll be on any now until July due to work reasons rather than price.

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
SamR
post Mar 9 2022, 07:31 PM
Post #13

Heldsman

Member No.: 92

I enjoy the Wednesday format and would continue to play them relatively regularly if they are on.

Not to fussed by pizza at the end if that is increasing the cost, though not sure the breakdown here and it obviously is a nice crew benefit.

Level wise - I’ve played characters a few hundred points past quite happily, think reducing level may reduce player numbers / options?

Maybe building on the prolonged success of high level Thursdays and an arbitrary ISP award, 6 gets a useful innate, would keep numbers healthy.

S

+Quote Post
TimDallen
post Mar 9 2022, 09:31 PM
Post #14

Heldsman

Member No.: 55

I'd be keen having only done one but enjoyed it. My issue is the start time being quite early. I can cope with slightly less sleep once a week but the job and work doesn't allow that early a finish often to get there.

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Mar 11 2022, 11:33 AM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,369

For me, its just the start time it makes it awkward to get there after work. I don't want to book to play or crew if I am going to be running a bit late its just a bit to rushed.

I think moving the debrief to upstairs outside in the cold during winter because the shop is in use makes the whole pizza thing less appealing.

I think they are a great idea though and have enjoyed playing / crewing them in the past.

--------------------
Richard Eden (Possibly human maybe a vampire)
General Arkus (Toy Soldier Mystic)
Rangar (YO YO - Vitae bleeder)
Ref (Garden of Eden)

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Mar 30 2022, 10:16 AM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 242

Howdy,

Theres no wednesday up for booking on the 13th. Is that deliberate? Me, Jenni and Craig were looking to book on.

Heather

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Mar 30 2022, 10:21 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 37

Yeah, it is intentional, is night 0 of the 1500 extended length so a fair few people will be there getting sorted for that ready to start the even Thursday AM.

--------------------
Rich

fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Mar 30 2022, 10:31 AM
Post #18

Legend

Member No.: 119

QUOTE(RichFromant @ Mar 30 2022, 11:21 AM) *
Yeah, it is intentional, is night 0 of the 1500 extended length so a fair few people will be there getting sorted for that ready to start the even Thursday AM.

Wednesday night club at Hamlet wood anyone? smile.gif

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Mar 30 2022, 07:18 PM
Post #19

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,893

QUOTE(Carlo @ Mar 30 2022, 11:31 AM) *
Wednesday night club at Hamlet wood anyone? smile.gif

I would be!

--------------------
Grisgriel, Standard Bearer of the Saintly Martial Order of Talthar

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

Amadou Pyreborn, Phoenix Elf pyromaniac Al Hariq Simoon, Efreet of Fire

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:52 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins