IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Mantic with 2 alignments - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mantic with 2 alignments
Onasuma
post Sep 6 2021, 09:55 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

Howdy folks,

Ive got myself a conundrum. Im playing a force/bene priest as my current project and have hit the snag of "what am I going to do about mantics".

Now, the easy solution seems to be "Make my force miracles goodly", but Id love to hear if anyone else has had solutions to "I want two alignments of spirits to be mantic"

Cheers,

Heather
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forefallen
post Sep 6 2021, 10:05 AM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,026

As my chaotic goodly force/healing priest I have the option of turning force goodly. I am however fighting SECFAPS pretty exclusively, so that path makes sense.

I think people have stuff like “can only cast these spheres regardless, can’t have a third sphere” etc but I’m not too sure

Jack

--------------------
QUOTE(Jack)
Only the good die young.

Many characters, long signature got boring.
- Guild head of Frontline, Wahadamune and Children of the Dusk, PM me for permission to join if needed!
- Head of the Fae Court of Delirium Noble House, PM for any info you need!
- Yes I will ref your guild special or campaign!

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Sep 6 2021, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 574

Literally you’ve described route one, I’ve had little to no joy any other way with this problem personally and rightly I think it should probably be a hard restriction on mantics that you lock on alignment and colour

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Sep 6 2021, 10:08 AM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 52

It's possible to do a lesser version of Spiritual Mancer where you only turn Spirits for 1 sphere alone mantic and keep the rest as is.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Sep 6 2021, 10:38 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 111

A couple of options/ideas on top of what others have said.

1 - m/c wizard then do a mini path m/c which gives you limited innates of cast mantically. Or do the same via multirace. M/r can just give you some mantic innates without path/etc if suitable flavour and maybe a small pool of power to turn stuff mantic if you want to avoid pathing altogether.

2 - split your spirits into two pools, a bit like a grey warden. One goodly pool. One neutral pool. Then do a path/mancer route for either one pool at a time (using your 7/8 path slot for the 2nd) or at the same time but with suitable restrictions on what you can cast. Potentially the path only turns 1/2 or 1/3 of each pool mantic.

Broadly I suspect you can get what you want provided suitable restrictions. Eg limitations of how much mantics, or what miracles/spherea you can cast and so on.

Huw

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 10:01 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins