IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
A plea for aid - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A plea for aid, Brief for Sat 7th June
Sizel
post Jun 5 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

I am terribly sorry to be asking this, but I know not who to turn to for help.

A friend of mine, a hunter and tracker from the village in which I live, tells me that the local tribe of Orcs are gathering to attack our village.
I've known Fazil few a few months and I am loathe to doubt his word as he has always struck me as being an honest and resopnsible fellow.

He tells me that the orcs were obviously making preperations for war: Gathering their forces, stockpiling weapons, enacting rites, applying war-paint and so on.

I have beseached blessed Tsu-Ling for his aid, yet we are far from the East coast (where his sway is strongest) and I fear that, for all my faith, my prayers alone may not be enough.
Messangers have been sent to the nobility of the area, but his Lordship the Baron does not seem to be in his residence in Halgar, nor here in his families lands. I am hoping that he will be found before it's too late, but did not want to stand idle in the mean time.

We are taught "Family is our Strength", and so I look to you, the family that taught me to stand and rise from the gutters of my childhood, hopeing, beyond hope, that you will gather and help us in this time of danger.
We do not seek conflict, it is not my way and not the way of those among whom I have settled.
True they worship old and strange gods round these parts, but I hope the word of Tsu-Ling will enlighten them one day.
But I digress.
If you can come, I can offer no reward, no wealth. Nothing beyond my thanks and the knowledge that you have saved my home from certain destruction.

Fazil tells me we have a day, maybe two or three, by the time their warbands have come together and completed their preperations.
I hope and pray you will be able to make it here before they do.

_
Jarin Oakenfields
Aloc's Steading,
The Barony of Rostal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jun 5 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 48

OOC> Accepting pre-dungeon comms, Pete?

Matt

+Quote Post
BBB
post Jun 5 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #3

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Jun 5 2008, 02:03 PM) *

Matt

OOC: Drat... Knew I should have booked on...

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jun 5 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Hero

Never a Tsu-Ling around when you need one.

Matt

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Jun 5 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Jun 5 2008, 02:03 PM) *

Matt

Yep, but only a couple per person please.
_
Pete

+Quote Post
BennyB
post Jun 5 2008, 02:00 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

QUOTE(OxMatt @ Jun 5 2008, 02:57 PM) *
Never a Tsu-Ling around when you need one.

Matt

Nor a Mar'Eth, I'm monstering though ;-)

Ben

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jun 5 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #7

Hero

IC>

Dear Jarin,

If you require aid, then I shall be there. I cannot speak for the rest of the family - but I would have thought that, if possible, others will also wish to help.

I shall arrive on Starsday. Meanwhile, I shall ask my Lady Nienna for enlightenment as to the purposes and abilities of these Orcs.

Yours,

Ignatius Buggledexter
Priest of Nienna
Priest of Varda

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Jun 5 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 7

Master Jarin,

Can you give a guide as to how to reach your village?

I have a service to conduct which will start in the early hours of this Starsday. This I can not, nor would I wish to avoid.

However, given the circumstances I will be able to pass the closing of this to another. Although this will not give me much time with which to travel.

I will speak to my family and faith to see if any others would wish to travel and lend their help.

Until then, go gentle.

Latona

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com

+Quote Post
OxMatt
post Jun 5 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #9

Hero

Latona,

I have ascertained that the Orcs are being mobilised by their shaman, as a place sacred to them has been assaulted. He will summon creatures of undeath, against which it would be prudent to be prepared. I shall ask Tanis if he is available to journey with us.

Ignatius

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Jun 5 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #10

Mercenary

Master Ignatious and dearest Lady,
I thank you for your kind words.
I do not know of any attacks upon Orcish places, but then I freely admit not to know everything that occours in these parts.

My new home, the village of Aloc's Steading, lies in on the road that leads North West from the city of Deci, some half a day's ride by fast horse (or so I am told, for I have never ridden a horse).

_
Jarin Oakenfields
Aloc's Steading,
The Barony of Rostal

+Quote Post
post Jun 5 2008, 06:19 PM
Post #11

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(Sizel @ Jun 5 2008, 06:16 PM) *
My new home, the village of Aloc's Steading, lies in on the road that leads North West from the city of Deci, some half a day's ride by fast horse (or so I am told, for I have never ridden a horse).

I've seen several. I even get to pet them occasionally.
Anyway, if Tanis is about we little to fear from the forces of undeath.
I've heard the stories you know.

I wish Torwin was about ... Just to be doubly sure.

And then some right vigorous Orc Negotiating.

Sounds like just the job.

Mistress, where are you preaching? I haven't heard you giving a good preach for.....ohhh ages!

Melesh.

+Quote Post
JulianW
post Jun 5 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #12

Viper

Member No.: 36

I will come and bring such small aid as I can as just one man.

Hopefully the orcs can be persuaded that the villagers are not the ones who attacked them.
Although if they summon undead this may prove difficult.

Kenobi

--------------------
Embrace your inner munchkin
email jmw451 @ gmail.com if you want to reach me reliably

+Quote Post
Rachael B
post Jun 5 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #13

Mercenary

Member No.: 7

Thank you dearest,

I have found in the past that, even on your own, you can make all the world of difference.

Indeed, I must thank you all. We will be joined by a few of my brothers in faith, at least one of which is already with in the Barony.

Hopefully that should make getting there a little easier as I will be tied up until early morning at the Temple. I will hope to meet you all there.

If anyone has the means to find out why the orcs believe this village is behind the disturbances with in their sacred grounds, and can if possible do so, I would be grateful.

Go Gentle
Latona

--------------------
... And the thing is, I like my evil like I like my men - evil. You know, straight up, black hat, tied to the train tracks, ´soon my XX-ray will destroy Deci bad

An Episode of Wisdom From Captain Reynolds... “We can’t die, because... we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

A word to the wise... "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

www.titanleathercraft.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 12:15 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins