IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
watcher game 5 brief - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> watcher game 5 brief, 'bitter winds' 1/5/22
LauraSB
post Apr 13 2022, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,111

Wonderful news, myself and Kalzar have deciphered the map and know where its going to transport you wall in the North- its in the middle of nowhere! If I had to describe where its definitely more to the east than anywhere else, a glacier by the mountains, Harsh and beautiful! so sad i'm not cut out for field work, and I am super busy with tying to organise the local dig site to be reopened, the locals are very superstitious about 'the Women' , but I have a plan!

Hopefully the story you found may be useful or provide hints of what you may face, though last time the story was in Bilteve/ Labyrinthia and you travelled all the way to Ishma! the twist

I am hoping for us to all meet at my office on the 1st of Mail, after the little incursion last time I have a few wards outside from the enchanters guild (and my own) but I have requested for your all the have a 'pass', though I have nothing to stop that 'mind-man' , but he doesn't know that!

Hope you are all well

Dr Darius Cel Tradat

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Xue Yanshi- crazy fairy Kensai with death wish
Ningyou Dansu - Crane Daimyo- Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BenG
post Apr 26 2022, 02:42 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 6,995

Hello chaps!

Looking forward to another exciting adventure with you lovely people! I've been having a chat with a couple of my suppliers who have recently been travelling in the far north to see if there's any information that could help us on our travels.

Unsurprisingly, the first bit of advice was "it's cold. wrap up warm". Genius huh?
However, I also get the feeling that we're going to need at least 3 ways to silence something - sounds familiar! - and that holy water is going to come in very handy!

Now I've got a couple of doses of that which I'll bring with me if someone can use it and if we have enough members of the Order of Mercenaries, I'm sure that we can get some more from the cauldron!

Do let me know if any more of our order are travelling on Sunsday and look forward to seeing you then!

Monty

+Quote Post
Cildan
post Apr 26 2022, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 71

I will be travelling with you that day and I will make sure to bring some Holy Water from the Order of Mercenaries as well

Mason
Priest of St. Michael
Spiritual Maelstrom

--------------------
"I used to be normal, but I found the cure"

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Apr 28 2022, 09:55 AM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Monty, could your suppliers possibly supply us with suitably warm attire or furs for the trip? They would of course be compensated appropriately.

Tarkin

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
bendy
post Apr 28 2022, 10:10 AM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,749

Hello,

As a lover of fire I love nothing better than a trip to the frozen north so shall be in attendance. You may have to forgive my slight lack of mercenerial talent as i've been stuck, literally, in a book for the last 4 months.

Sarindle
Librarian

+Quote Post
BenG
post Apr 28 2022, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

QUOTE(Nibs @ Apr 28 2022, 10:55 AM) *
Monty, could your suppliers possibly supply us with suitably warm attire or furs for the trip? They would of course be compensated appropriately.

Tarkin

I'll ask around and see what I can do but my suppliers are more wines, potions that kind of thing!

I'm really hoping to find a good source of quality furs up there so if I can't before, I'll try and procure us a set when we land!

+Quote Post
BenG
post Apr 28 2022, 02:08 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Oh and chaps, any clue who this Sarindle fellow is and how he knows we're heading to the far north?

Do you think we've been infiltrated??? Maybe he's one of hers! Spy spy!

We probably all need to be extra careful if our plans have been discovered!

Monty

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Apr 28 2022, 02:10 PM
Post #8

Legend

Member No.: 52

So there a bunch of trappers and sometime Winter Elves that camp at a very specific place in the Far North.

It's actually on the cusp of an area covered by some form of blinkered eye so they know it's the closest point anyone wanting to go inside will appear, and they camp and wait there to sell their furs to woefully under-prepared mercenaries who appear there in big groups having transported from elsewhere.

I could easily guide you there, but the paths tends to be really dangerous.

Shadowmoss.

OOC: This is a well established Greenaway trope but tends to be 10K+ dungeons.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
bendy
post Apr 29 2022, 08:05 AM
Post #9

Militiaman

QUOTE(BenG @ Apr 28 2022, 03:08 PM) *
Oh and chaps, any clue who this Sarindle fellow is and how he knows we're heading to the far north?

Do you think we've been infiltrated??? Maybe he's one of hers! Spy spy!

We probably all need to be extra careful if our plans have been discovered!

Monty

Ah yes, well perfectly valid point, well I'm entirely susceptible to all forms of scrying so to be honest would make a rather useless spy, although i guess I would say that if i was a spy.

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Apr 30 2022, 04:41 PM
Post #10

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,893

Der Holy Kow has been sending me der mystical dreams and last night I dreamt I was chomping down on der tender goblin leg (don't tell Scruff) which I woz carving wiv a silver nife. I is finking dis is important so you lots be bringing you bestist cotlery wiv der silver blades n stuff

--------------------
Grisgriel, Standard Bearer of the Saintly Martial Order of Talthar

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

Amadou Pyreborn, Phoenix Elf pyromaniac Al Hariq Simoon, Efreet of Fire

+Quote Post
Kail
post Apr 30 2022, 07:04 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 644

I've asked about and Sarindle is a total wrongun and we should kill him on sight.

Scruff

Don't get me wrong I did only ask Squim of the Spider Tribe and he hates everyone that isn't one of his so I'll leave you all to make your own decision if his answer is to be trusted.

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Apr 30 2022, 07:21 PM
Post #12

Militiaman

OK Scruff sounds like we has got der cunning plan, see Sarindle, kill Sarine, eat der evidence

--------------------

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

+Quote Post
bendy
post Apr 30 2022, 07:27 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

Well this does all sound jolly exciting and, er, quite a change from the usual pleasantries

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Apr 30 2022, 09:06 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

Scruff we 'ad better be whispering, I fink dis fellow has der acute hearing

--------------------

+Quote Post
BenG
post May 2 2022, 12:19 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Chaps

I’m a touch concerned as although I’m so far unable to prove it (and I’ve made some initial enquiries) I have a feeling that one of our party decided yesterday to take and keep for themselves valuable items that would have paid us for our time.

It’s very unusual that a mercenary mission comes with no financial recompense from what we find but nobody volunteered anything they had found at the end of the day.

When I joined and found all of the treasure, I shared it out. Last mission, when that strange priest got it all, he shared it out. This time nothing.

It would be a real shame if after all of the honesty and reliability that this party has shown towards each other that any member of the group would betray that.

We have progressed well and as things get more and more difficult to achieve our aims, party cohesion is more important than ever so if someone did take it upon themselves to act in this way, I would implore them to rethink, come clean and all will be well. If it should be discovered by different means, I for one would rescind any support to that individual ongoing at the very least.

Anyway, I shall keep investigating and shall endeavour to find out if my suspicions have any foundation and have a number of power bases to explore for answers.

Other than that, I am very much looking forward to adventuring with you in 4 weeks time!

Monty

+Quote Post
Stuart
post May 2 2022, 01:55 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 39

Scruff and I had apples from the tree, and Trog took someone's head that appeared to be an artefact. I wasn't aware of anything else.

Did you scry at the time Monty? What makes you think that there was something valuable that found its way into someone's pocket?

Zin

+Quote Post
henghasty
post May 2 2022, 05:48 PM
Post #17

Militiaman

Don't talk to me about der head, it won't shut up and it don't know anyfink about goats or anyfing of interest, it just wangs on about ores and mining and stuff like dat.

I defo did not see any of der shiny stuff, der was some of dat multi coloured paper stuff but I is only using dat when der is not a rabbit to hand for der wiping after der motion so I gives it to Muttley.

Hopefully der will be plenty of der shiny stuff to keep yous 'appy next time Monty.

Trog

--------------------

+Quote Post
BenG
post May 2 2022, 06:59 PM
Post #18

Mercenary

So the reality here is that it is assumption but based on experience so I could be completely wide of the mark and if so, I apologise but I’d be surprised!

Since the start, we have been walking stories, trying to complete certain tasks from these stories from our ever-present assailant.

In every story, there have been challenges, battles, puzzles and rewards - both of items of power but also other treasures lying around which we have then sold as recompense for our time to reward those not lucky enough to find an item of power.

The items we found yesterday were no more powerful than any other time and were absolutely appropriately distributed. Openly and honestly done so all good. I have full trust in you Zin and you Trog and you’ve proven your reliability time and again, as have others in our party.

However, we suddenly found no other recompense on this mission and that seems anomalous. Especially considering that I know that there will be such treasures on our next outing. Not where but I know they will be there for us to find somewhere in the story.

So it all just seems very odd to me that prior to some of the new recruits to our numbers, this trope continued as expected and suddenly stops with new blood joining. As you can imagine, this makes me a smidgen uncomfortable!

Upon the commencement of our next venture, I will try and employ more of my scrying to ascertain whether I’m just a rambling idiot or whether there is truth behind the claims as I for one am wary of travelling with people I cannot trust!

Suppose we’ll find out then whether it’s just my chaotic brain playing tricks on me smile.gif

Monty

+Quote Post
BenG
post May 2 2022, 07:02 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

Ah hang on though, having just written all of that, Trog, did you find a pile of colourful paper?

That could well have been what I was expecting! The rest of us use that to buy things like potions and armour so it does have some real value. You’ve been around a while Trog and you and I have adventure together on many occasions. You’ve seen us paid in the manner so you know they have value.

We shouldn’t just take without sharing I feel, that way madness lies in a good party but maybe that’s just me! I would personally request that you retrieve them from Muttley and share them amongst the group.

If I have misunderstood then I apologise and It may be that my scrying will clear this up next time, we shall see smile.gif

Monty

+Quote Post
henghasty
post May 2 2022, 07:47 PM
Post #20

Militiaman

Monty

You is clearly not knowing der Muttley wot I is knowing cos if you fink dat asking Muttley for der gift I made to him back is a good idea den I reckon yous be needing your 'ickle ebony head examined good and proper. Letting loose day nasty crazy beast wot got Mason was one fing but I is not stoopid enough to go releasing anuvver beast so soon.

I tells you wot if you has got your pointy eared pantaloons in a twist about der paper den you can 'Ave my share of der shinies next time if you is not making like der brown bread of course.

How is der Wendigo skin?

Trog

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:39 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins