IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Report from salvas - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Report from salvas
covington
post Feb 7 2022, 07:23 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Things to report from our time in salvas

Attacks are starting to pick back up but the people seem to be holding strong and more are starting to fight back which is good news.
Some have come to us shyly for training,help with prayers and such, Of course we still have a long way to go and there are still those who can’t stand us but we are making progress.

The creature/thing that was watching us at the Temple of the heart of Innocents.
Has followed us here to humanitys hold and has spent many nights now watching us.
while on patrol some nights I could of sworn I see somthing walking the halls or by the camp fires, but when I go over to check nothing is there.
Wasn’t till last night Hermish,Harvey, Aether and I was talking in the halls discussing our options. Hermish keep saying he could see something flickering between the flames of mine and Aether forms,
as I turned to look at Aether she started to shine bright shredding spiritual light revealing this hooded figure the robes were black didn’t have any foot wear on wasn’t armed with a weapon that I could see, it’s face was pure darknes and shadows. It left once Aether started shining bright.

We asked Harvey about other locations close to humanity’s hold there’s a few but theres one that stands out, a Small fort south of humanitys hold not that far away from the Temple of The heart of Innocents.

I think this would be a good place for us to take as it’s fallen to corruption totally.
Taking and cleansing it hopefully fortifying it will give us a view of the Temple So we can see any changes in the area sooner rather than later also gives us a place to stay and operate from bringing the dangers to us instead of the people of Humanitys Hold.

Ezekiel Sol Blaze
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 7 2022, 09:44 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 111

Taking this fort sounds like a good plan. I’m still curious what this creature watching us is. Pure darkness could imply some agent or spy of the destroyer, or something more benign using shadows to cloak itself. Or something else entirely.

Jarle

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Feb 7 2022, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

I think our hidden assailant is an agent of the Destroyer from when I have seen it. Not certain, just a gut reaction. I will roughly outline our current thoughts on a plan for the 19th Februar shortly.

Hermish Hashmere vo Moradin

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 7 2022, 12:35 PM
Post #4

That's my gut instinct too, but I've been wrong before about these sorts of things and I'd rather not jump to a conclusion. I agree we should be wary of it being such an agent though.

It would be interesting to try and confirm, or even have a conversation if the creature is willing. What Ezekiel says about no footwear matches the little we sensed last time we travelled, the odd footstep, but quiet, no boots, and no clinking of armour. Nobody visible. Some kind of monk or priest or a power taking a simple humanoid form, wrapped in supernatural power to hide its passing. Based on what you've said I don't think this is a being who is particularly skilled in silent movement or similar arts, but rather someone adept with the use of supernatural power to conceal, or watch (or indeed perhaps their very nature simply meaning they slide into the shadows - many things do). They could even have been illusionary. Anyway, musing isn't going to get answers, but having a plan if we sense it again would probably be useful.

Do we expose it immediately with light? Do we try and converse? Something else?

Jarle

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Feb 7 2022, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 52

I was truly hoping to travel with you and provide what aid I could alongside my brothers.

Sadly the Heart of Hope has been caught in a entropic rip tide and I can't abandon her or her crew to assist or I fear we may wash up in IM1020 and no one wants to live through that again.

Lannary Storm.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Kail
post Feb 8 2022, 06:34 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 644

Isn't there a renound follower of the Destroyer that famously doesn't wear shoes?

Kail

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Feb 16 2022, 02:13 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,812

I’m not convinced the dark shadowy figure means us harm. I have a gut feeling it may be one of the high priests. I will see what I can find out but I haven’t been successful in scrying about it thus far.

Kiwi

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Feb 16 2022, 02:26 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

As a word of warning, I an inclined to believe that the follower/s of Destroyer may be faint to your communications not because they are not there, but because they are warded from scrying, much like our barefooted shadowy friend in Humanity's Hold. I did notice that when the two of you (Ezekiel and Kiwi) left the hold on Starsday to assist our fellow knights, Æther and I were hardly watched at all.

Has anyone else noticed a strange hidden figure, at the edge of sight, just outside the light?

Hermish

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Feb 16 2022, 02:33 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

QUOTE(MarkD @ Feb 16 2022, 02:26 PM) *
As a word of warning, I an inclined to believe that the follower/s of Destroyer may be faint to your communications not because they are not there, but because they are warded from scrying, much like our barefooted shadowy friend in Humanity's Hold. I did notice that when the two of you (Ezekiel and Kiwi) left the hold on Starsday to assist our fellow knights, Æther and I were hardly watched at all.

Has anyone else noticed a strange hidden figure, at the edge of sight, just outside the light?

Hermish

Huh, I wasn’t aware that Destroyer followers are warded from scrying, that is good to know!
But what a strange coincidence. Kail and I are priests of the Church of Dead Heroes and Ezekiel is Talthar I believe? I’m not aware of any connection between the destroyer and either faith, although I admit I know very little about them.

Kiwi

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 16 2022, 02:53 PM
Post #10

I am pretty sure, given the history, that the Destroyer has a solid vested interest in Salvas. The fact that it appears to want to be seen as not having such, and its followers and plans are largely shielded, only makes me more suspicous. I’d love to find a way to know what it really wants or is us to.

Jarle

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 16 2022, 02:55 PM
Post #11

All that said. Your theory regarding the watching figure being related to humanity holds weight. Do any of us know any famous people who never wear shoes? I can only think of one and it isn’t them.

Jarle

+Quote Post
covington
post Feb 16 2022, 09:38 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 156

I have felt the watching eye of the shadowy figure since we discovered it, it did leave that night but return the very next night.
I have been on patrols around Humanity’s hold while feeling something is watching but it did nothing.
When opening the pathway back to Mordred’s Rest Starsday morning I felt it, I don’t no if Kiwi felt it but it was definitely the first time Iv Felt it’s presence in the day time. I could feel it following us to the Rest but when we got there the feeling of being watch was gone.
I don’t no if my mind was playing tricks on me but I thought I saw it after the fight with the council of eight’s minions.

Is it a servant of the destroyer, Im not so sure.

I feel a similar way to Kiwi I think it’s one of high priests.

Ezekiel

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Feb 17 2022, 04:58 PM
Post #13

Mercenary

I felt it too Ezekiel although very sporadically. Whether it’s because it’s presence just wasn’t as strong away from Salvas or because I was very much distracted, I don’t know….

Malcolm, Kail, Niklaus — did any of you feel it? The feeling of being watched…

I’ve been speaking to the locals and they say there wasn’t anything specific the high priests did or didn’t wear when worshipping at the temple… ie shoes. I also asked if anyone was ever requested to take off their shoes before entering the temple and nobody can remember ever being asked that.

Despite this, I still can’t help but think this creature doesn’t mean us harm and is trying to communicate somehow. I cannot see it spiritually but we’re guessing it does have one as it went away when Æther shed spiritual light.

Kiwi

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:12 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins