IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Razcar - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Razcar
dnsmantra
post Feb 22 2022, 12:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

What follows is a brief account of what happened on Razcar, for those who didn't travel there. I would appreciate if someone more familiar with the old history of the faith could give a little rundown of the history of the world and what happened in the past. It isn't documented anywhere and while I have lived a very long time I only found faith less than a decade ago, and would be keen to understand more of our history.

---

Razcar - as I understand it the world is 'broken' into fragments? Is this correct? And it is largely abandoned/in ruins? There were several old abandoned settlements, such as the mesa upon which we reconsecrated the first shrine, which hadn't been lived in for decades. And signs of further change. For example once arable land turned to swamp (or encroached on by swamp) and so on. As a keen archaeologist and student of the history of people I'd love to understand how this happened and what there was before. Certainly 'the lady' holds a strong gaze and sway over the people.

Transportation - we used a transportation rite to reach Razcar. It involved one leading, others following and each giving 8 ranks of power for themselves or another. Grisgriel and I translated the rite from runes into common, and he has a copy which hopefully he can publish here.

Aim - the aim was to reach the old temple to Elbrime and from there learn how to find a book which could be used to locate and free the other trapped aspects. This is a piece of history I would like to know more on. The aspects were trapped? And the aspects on Primus are termed emissaries? They are, however, at least in the eyes of the shard within me, still aspects themselves. I would surmise that theologically each world could have a manifested aspect of Talthar's presence. And indeed that Talthar is known by many names in many places, and was on Primus even prior to Aven's arrival and the formal construction of the faith. Some of this is conjecture, but this fits. I've travelled to many worlds, over many hundreds of years, and many followed a god of hope, and in most cases this would seem to be the same god. Certainly there was Hope on Primus prior to the arrival of Talthar, just as there was, sadly, its opposite.

To avoid digressing any further, we encountered two villages - swampville, and another unnamed location. Each were beset by troubles. In the first, lizards who follow The Lady, took one of their number as sacrifice each month. This to show their power and dominion and as offering to their mistress. Keeping them in a state of barely coping. 'Cope' as opposed to 'Hope'. That they have managed to carry on despite all this shows that hope was still there, even in their adversity. The second village was a ruin. All the people were bound by a despair like miracle akin to but not a spiritual mastery. It could be removed as such though. However all the power here would return 30 seconds after cleansing because it was within the gaze of The Lady. We could do nothing to change this there, so moved on, believing that reconsecrating the old temple to Elbrime would help.

We did so, though not after a hard fight. A taller, though no less grumpy, version of Elbrime was there. The original aspect. He was too weak to really do anything to help us and even after our consecration rite said he would need time to regain his strength. It is believed that he can help us reach the book next time we travel.

Some thoughts.

We should ensure that we are not so focussed on finding and recovering the aspects, that we don't forget to help the people who still suffer on Razcar when we can. Many of the people there need our help, whether they know it or wish it or not. Someone should revisit the second village in the next few weeks and see if the touch of the Lady has weakened enough that we can help. If it has, free the people there. We should also see if we can't relocate the 30 or so people of swampville to somewhere better. Perhaps a place near the Tor Marsh in Scarlene, or near Caer Talthar down south? They seemed to want to stay in or near a swamp.

Jarle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dnsmantra   Razcar   Feb 22 2022, 12:12 PM
Pstaker   Hi Jarle, I will pull together a more detailed ac...   Feb 22 2022, 01:11 PM
dnsmantra   As the emissary of Renewal, I make no claim to be ...   Feb 22 2022, 01:52 PM
Nige   Perhaps you could explain to me the difference bet...   Feb 22 2022, 02:28 PM
henghasty   Perhaps you could explain to me the difference bet...   Feb 22 2022, 02:53 PM
henghasty   Jarle I turn to your longer note. Razcar Razcar...   Feb 22 2022, 03:52 PM
Pstaker   Jarle, I promised you a slightly longer missive. ...   Feb 22 2022, 04:03 PM
dnsmantra   Thankyou both. This clarifies a few things and als...   Feb 22 2022, 04:47 PM
Patch   This is complicated and there are some things that...   Feb 22 2022, 05:27 PM
dnsmantra   Yorso, you owe me 100g. I got him to write a lot m...   Feb 22 2022, 05:49 PM
TimTreadwell   Yorso, you owe me 100g. I got him to write a lot m...   Feb 22 2022, 06:31 PM
Patch   Yorso, you owe me 100g. I got him to write a lot m...   Feb 23 2022, 08:37 AM
dnsmantra   Excellent and thankyou. I’ll bring the port. Ja...   Feb 23 2022, 09:54 AM
henghasty   OOC - if you are on the GS on 13 March Grisgriel (...   Mar 6 2022, 08:05 PM
Iain   Good evening faithful, For more knowledge about R...   Mar 6 2022, 08:52 PM
Mojo   I shall be along to join people. My memory can be...   Mar 6 2022, 10:18 PM
TimTreadwell   Today we went back to Razcar. The Lizard men were...   May 15 2022, 10:48 PM
henghasty   Yorso I believe it was the Storm Child rather tha...   May 16 2022, 08:00 AM
Pstaker   I believe it was the Storm Child rather than the S...   May 16 2022, 09:38 AM
TimTreadwell   Yorso I believe it was the Storm Child rather tha...   May 16 2022, 09:56 AM
henghasty   You are correct Grisgriel. That will teach me not...   May 16 2022, 10:20 AM
Mojo   Yes 100% it was the Storm Child, I have met him be...   May 18 2022, 09:28 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:39 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins