IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Razcar - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Razcar
dnsmantra
post Feb 22 2022, 12:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

What follows is a brief account of what happened on Razcar, for those who didn't travel there. I would appreciate if someone more familiar with the old history of the faith could give a little rundown of the history of the world and what happened in the past. It isn't documented anywhere and while I have lived a very long time I only found faith less than a decade ago, and would be keen to understand more of our history.

---

Razcar - as I understand it the world is 'broken' into fragments? Is this correct? And it is largely abandoned/in ruins? There were several old abandoned settlements, such as the mesa upon which we reconsecrated the first shrine, which hadn't been lived in for decades. And signs of further change. For example once arable land turned to swamp (or encroached on by swamp) and so on. As a keen archaeologist and student of the history of people I'd love to understand how this happened and what there was before. Certainly 'the lady' holds a strong gaze and sway over the people.

Transportation - we used a transportation rite to reach Razcar. It involved one leading, others following and each giving 8 ranks of power for themselves or another. Grisgriel and I translated the rite from runes into common, and he has a copy which hopefully he can publish here.

Aim - the aim was to reach the old temple to Elbrime and from there learn how to find a book which could be used to locate and free the other trapped aspects. This is a piece of history I would like to know more on. The aspects were trapped? And the aspects on Primus are termed emissaries? They are, however, at least in the eyes of the shard within me, still aspects themselves. I would surmise that theologically each world could have a manifested aspect of Talthar's presence. And indeed that Talthar is known by many names in many places, and was on Primus even prior to Aven's arrival and the formal construction of the faith. Some of this is conjecture, but this fits. I've travelled to many worlds, over many hundreds of years, and many followed a god of hope, and in most cases this would seem to be the same god. Certainly there was Hope on Primus prior to the arrival of Talthar, just as there was, sadly, its opposite.

To avoid digressing any further, we encountered two villages - swampville, and another unnamed location. Each were beset by troubles. In the first, lizards who follow The Lady, took one of their number as sacrifice each month. This to show their power and dominion and as offering to their mistress. Keeping them in a state of barely coping. 'Cope' as opposed to 'Hope'. That they have managed to carry on despite all this shows that hope was still there, even in their adversity. The second village was a ruin. All the people were bound by a despair like miracle akin to but not a spiritual mastery. It could be removed as such though. However all the power here would return 30 seconds after cleansing because it was within the gaze of The Lady. We could do nothing to change this there, so moved on, believing that reconsecrating the old temple to Elbrime would help.

We did so, though not after a hard fight. A taller, though no less grumpy, version of Elbrime was there. The original aspect. He was too weak to really do anything to help us and even after our consecration rite said he would need time to regain his strength. It is believed that he can help us reach the book next time we travel.

Some thoughts.

We should ensure that we are not so focussed on finding and recovering the aspects, that we don't forget to help the people who still suffer on Razcar when we can. Many of the people there need our help, whether they know it or wish it or not. Someone should revisit the second village in the next few weeks and see if the touch of the Lady has weakened enough that we can help. If it has, free the people there. We should also see if we can't relocate the 30 or so people of swampville to somewhere better. Perhaps a place near the Tor Marsh in Scarlene, or near Caer Talthar down south? They seemed to want to stay in or near a swamp.

Jarle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pstaker
post Feb 22 2022, 01:11 PM
Post #2

Levy

Member No.: 177

Hi Jarle,

I will pull together a more detailed account on what I can remember regarding Razcar but the emissaries are only Heralds / Messengers.

As the emissary of Renewal, I make no claim to be my lord, only his representative.

Galdor

--------------------
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Characters
Galdor - City Spirit of Alguz
Florin - Crystalline Dwarven Seer
Sola Vagus - Farfolk High Druid... with a bite.
Baron Wyn Stoneheart - Blade Master
Barak - Blue / Ivory Warlock
plus 30+ years worth of other small yellow cards

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 22 2022, 01:52 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Pstaker @ Feb 22 2022, 01:11 PM) *
As the emissary of Renewal, I make no claim to be my lord, only his representative.

Perhaps you could explain to me the difference between Harpell and Elbrime. Harpell appears to 'be' an aspect ('who is Elbrime'). There have been other aspects on Primus over the last few years, of that I *am* certain. The only way I can explain this is if there can be multiples, perhaps one per world.

Jarle

OOC: terminology is really confusing here and I think lots has clearly changed or been built on over the years. Patch often signed off as 'Harpell who is Elbrime'. Henry was the aspect of subtlety until the aspect was lost on the DD myths. This all seems to have become very muddled over the last 30 odd years, and I'd like to try and understand what the status quo was then, and what it is now. And make it all fit nicely and work in my head. At the moment there are a lot of missing pieces.

+Quote Post
Nige
post Feb 22 2022, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Militiaman

Member No.: 162

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Feb 22 2022, 01:52 PM) *
Perhaps you could explain to me the difference between Harpell and Elbrime. Harpell appears to 'be' an aspect ('who is Elbrime'). There have been other aspects on Primus over the last few years, of that I *am* certain. The only way I can explain this is if there can be multiples, perhaps one per world.

Jarle

OOC: terminology is really confusing here and I think lots has clearly changed or been built on over the years. Patch often signed off as 'Harpell who is Elbrime'. Henry was the aspect of subtlety until the aspect was lost on the DD myths. This all seems to have become very muddled over the last 30 odd years, and I'd like to try and understand what the status quo was then, and what it is now. And make it all fit nicely and work in my head. At the moment there are a lot of missing pieces.

OOC- It's almost as if we have been making it up as we go along laugh.gif
Nige

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Feb 22 2022, 02:53 PM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,893

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Feb 22 2022, 01:52 PM) *

Jarle

My dear Jarle

I will respond on your longer note but on this let me say that Harpell is Elbrime and Elbrime is Harpell and they are the Aspect of Adversity. As you rightly say Henry was the Aspect of Subtlety but is no more.

The Emissaries are not divine but "mere" spokespeople. I believe there are just two being Tarquin (the Emissary of Elbrime) and Galdor (the Emissary of Renewal).

Grisgriel

--------------------
Grisgriel, Standard Bearer of the Saintly Martial Order of Talthar

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

Amadou Pyreborn, Phoenix Elf pyromaniac Al Hariq Simoon, Efreet of Fire

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Feb 22 2022, 03:52 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Jarle

I turn to your longer note.

Razcar

Razcar was the birthplace of Aven the Messiah. He traveled to our realm many decades ago and preached to all who would hear the words of Hope and our Lord Talthar. After his departure from Razcar it appears that she whose name I shall not say was able to hide away the 7 Aspects of our faith. Over the years we have been able to locate Elbrime himself and free the power of Subtlety and Justice (although we have not, I believe, located those Aspects in deity). The decay and damage to Razcar is due to her foul corruption.

As I understand matters from Herbert and his fellow scholars the plane itself has been split into at least 8 pocket planes and if I understood correctly the other aspects maybe trapped within some of these. I believe once Elbrime is restored he will be able to guide us to where our searches might be most fruitful; at least as a start this will be to locate and preserve the book you mention.

The Rite of Transportation

This requires the following steps:-

1. The identification of the holiest place within a sacred building.
2. This place must be anointed with Holy Water spread in a ring around it.
3. One of the transportees must lead the Rite ("the High Priest"). It appears that the Rite is easier if this is a Pure or Armoured Priest.
4. The High Priest leads the group in prayers of praise to Talthar and each of his aspects.
5. The High Priest must then lead the group walking in a ring around the focus of the Rite. During this the High Priest must create the link with the destination by focussing upon it.
6. Each of the travelers must then be anointed with 8 spirits by the words, "Talthar I cast these spirits as a focus to your sight, stay with this person/me while your carry us/me across the chasms of despair".
7. The travelers then focus on the Rite and the destination and it will come into effect.

Locations

The second abandoned village was named Hope in times gone past.

Grisgriel

--------------------

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

+Quote Post
Pstaker
post Feb 22 2022, 04:03 PM
Post #7

Levy

Jarle,

I promised you a slightly longer missive.

As Grisgriel stated, Razcar is the birthplace of Aven, but it is far more than that.

About 30 years ago, The Dark Lady rose in power on the plane of Razcar and with the despair she spread she trapped and bound the very essences of the aspects / Demi-gods of Talthar within the realm of Razcar, weakening our lord Talthar in the process.

But Talthar is Lord of Hope and he sent forth his ‘metaphorical’ son and messiah “Aven” to Primus to spread his message and beliefs, in the hope that Aven would return to Razcar with the faithful to free / unbind the essences and restore hope to Razcar.

I understand that it was about 996IM when the faithful returned to Razcar and, after many challenges, freed of the essence of Elbrime who chose to join with Harpell as his divine avatar.

It is my belief that, since the High Final Dawn and the rise of a mortal to deific status on the Nagrech, it has been easier for the faithful to link to the trapped / bound essences of the aspects of Hope as we have seen with Thor and Henry but this is informed speculation on my part and does not mean that these links to the essences have actually freed them from their prisons on Razcar. In fact, due to the recent events around the aspect of Subtlety and the recent meeting with the shard of Elbrime, I would conclude that the majority are indeed still bound in Razcar.

It is that mission, the divine mission given to Aven, to free the very essence of Hope and restore Hope to Razcar that I believe that we are undertaking now.

Your in the Faith.

Galdor

--------------------

Characters

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 22 2022, 04:47 PM
Post #8

Thankyou both. This clarifies a few things and also solidifies my own theories and understandings. I think we’re all mostly on the same page, which is good. I think it also fairly common practise that divine or semi-divine beings can be in multiple places at once, divide their power and so on. This readily explains multiple ‘aspects’, there are not multiples, they are the same, but with a presence in more than one place at once. A more limited version of a god being able to hear/be there for all their followers at once. Thor is a good example here, as he’s regularly manifest ‘avatars’ of himself, that are justice and justice’s power, while he himself also exists elsewhere. As such it would make logical sense that some or all of an aspects power might still be bound on Razcar, or indeed none of it, and everything inbetween.

This is all quite interesting.

Jarle

+Quote Post
Patch
post Feb 22 2022, 05:27 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

This is complicated and there are some things that don't make sense from a mortal perspective (and make no mistake we are all here mortal, for gods are incomprehensible, and I and even those with the powers of Thor and beyond, are power distilled and contained) but things don't "need" to make sense from a Mortal perspective, not all the time... its called faith...

So, Razcar was the birthplace of a Man we know as "The Hopeful" he was Aven's mortal father and he fled the world of Razcar as it fell to the enemy of hope, with the intent or rebuilding a faith of Hope and freeing the plane from the grip of the Goddess of Despair.

The fall of Razcar is painful, and I will not speak of it, but suffice to say my brothers and sisters and I were lured, tricked or forced into entrapment, and without our power to support Razcar the world fell to darkness and despair, while I and my family were forced to watch on.

Eventually Aven returned with a new set of hopefuls they battled the forces of despair and rescued me from my prison. The pushed back the armies of despair with my help, but before they could complete the task Ickybiggle was wiped clean from the face of primus, and with it the stable gateway to the plane of Razcar, the church was unable to find a reliable way to return... It seems that was until now.

While I was freed, my brothers and sisters were not and they remain trapped within Razcar.

However things are not entirely that simple, firstly the nature of Primus and the flexibility of those with Vitae plays a part, our Lord has fashioned and empowered a new generation of divine aspects from the people here, Thor Who is Justice (and more) Henry who was Subtlety, and even others not so public walk the world as it stands, my brothers and sisters renewed, the same as ever they were and yet new again.

Their existence here does not impede the existence of those of us that remain trapped within Razcar, for each of us is an infinite example of an infinite belief, the power of hope in the best and the worst of times...

I am Hope despite Adversity (at least a version compressed into a space and time that mortals can comprehend)
Thor is Hope in Justice
Henry was Hope through Subtle means

But I am also he who is Elbrime... because Elbrime is that which was trapped upon Razcar, I have a name... and a name shapes a being, names are important to Gods, so I am the Aspect of Hope in the darkest of times, the candle that gutters in the wind but never dies... AND I am Elbrime. I have a name and that shapes me, my brothers and my sisters do not, and I cannot speak their names here for that is the nature of their prison that they are unnamed.

Set them free, and perhaps we can all rediscover what was lost before Razcar fell, help the people there if you can.

Harpell
He who is Elbrime

P.s. Harpell Smash! I work hard to cultivate an image as a one dimensional simpleton you know...

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 22 2022, 05:49 PM
Post #10

Yorso, you owe me 100g. I got him to write a lot more then one paragraph.

And thankyou Harpell, that nicely rounds off where my thinking was going. It is complicated. But it make good sense.

On a slight tangent, I don’t usually sign off anything more than my name, but I admit that some of what you said touched a personal note. I am both me and the shard I carry. And that is something I’ve been trying to understand. How my shard shapes me and who I am. And how I to it. I would welcome any guidance and advice.

Jarle
Who is Skarrow

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Feb 22 2022, 06:31 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 155

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Feb 22 2022, 05:49 PM) *
Yorso, you owe me 100g. I got him to write a lot more then one paragraph. Jarle

Well as soon as I get any pay at all from the recent mission....

Unsurprisingly when it comes to paying bets on Harpell.... I come up a little short.

Harpell's was a nicely written monologue but "its called faith..." did make me wince.

Yorso.

+Quote Post
Patch
post Feb 23 2022, 08:37 AM
Post #12

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Feb 22 2022, 05:49 PM) *
Yorso, you owe me 100g. I got him to write a lot more then one paragraph.

And thankyou Harpell, that nicely rounds off where my thinking was going. It is complicated. But it make good sense.

On a slight tangent, I don’t usually sign off anything more than my name, but I admit that some of what you said touched a personal note. I am both me and the shard I carry. And that is something I’ve been trying to understand. How my shard shapes me and who I am. And how I to it. I would welcome any guidance and advice.

Jarle
Who is Skarrow

My personality here, is shaped more by the mortal man it was, than the divine that empowers it. In other times and other places I can be very different.

The light that shines within the mortal you were shapes, guides, and yes, limits, but at the core you are still who and what you were. I am happy to talk more on this privately at a future date or if you wish to come to Telmens slop that would be fine... it would at least give me someone else to drink with other than Grisgriel, who is it seems not ideally suited to drink sacramental wine with...

I miss drinking competitions with Queenie it must be said.

H

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 23 2022, 09:54 AM
Post #13

Excellent and thankyou. I’ll bring the port.

Jarle

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Mar 6 2022, 08:05 PM
Post #14

Militiaman

OOC - if you are on the GS on 13 March Grisgriel (or if you have not met him an Angel glowing with inner holy radiance) approaches you in the Cathedral or wherever you maybe (provided it is in a Blinkered Eye); places his finger to his lips and hands you the following note before disappearing:-

Brother

I am pleased to report that Tarquin's efforts to re-empower the shadow of Elbrime are bearing fruit and we believe that this Sunsday Elbrime will be able to cut a hole to travel from his shrine into the void to enable the recovery of the sacred texts.

I regret that Tarquin is so drained by his task (and me by mine keeping Harpell entertained up at Telmen's Slope) that we will be unable to join you on this day. Worry not however as Oliver has kindly arranged a trip for us to a small village called Verbier in the Chilling Fields were we can consume an heroic quantity of Aperol which, as you will know, is essential for the restoration of Angels and Titans alike.

If you are able to travel please gather in the Cathedral by the tenth hour to travel to the Shrine of Elbrime. Tai please ensure you have with you the Heart of Elbrime which Tarquin tells me he has entrusted to you (OOC the candlestick from last time). I believe the Heart will make the Rite of Transportation somewhat easier than before (OOC the spirit cost will be 7 rather than 8 a head). I believe it may be possible to travel to the Shrine of Elbrime by other methods (for example Oliver has, I believe, the ability to transfer many people at the same time) but I have my suspicions that such alternative modes of travel may reveal oneself to her whose name I will not mention.

Elbrime will be able to open a rift for you into the void (and he will be able to recall you to his side should the need arise - one must simply call upon him to do so).

Once in the void I can offer little guidance as to how to locate the holy book save that the Heart of Elbrime maybe able to lead you to it. I know that you will not be able to locate it without the use of the Heart.

I await with interest news of your journey and success and will return to the task when next we travel. Please destroy this note once read.

May the light shine forth forever.

Grisgriel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iain
post Mar 6 2022, 08:52 PM
Post #15

Peon

Member No.: 482

Good evening faithful,

For more knowledge about Razcar, please refer to the book of the Seventh Hopeful.

Aven

+Quote Post
Mojo
post Mar 6 2022, 10:18 PM
Post #16

Mercenary

Member No.: 954

I shall be along to join people. My memory can be shocking but I travelled to Razcar much many turns of the wheel ago with you and the other callers of the faith here on Prímus.

I will try to be helpful.

--------------------
John - Real life fat guy.

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post May 15 2022, 10:48 PM
Post #17

Legend

Today we went back to Razcar.

The Lizard men were very potent as were the Priests & Unholy Warriors of "Her".

Please note that the people doing the huge harming damage can only be slain once their Greater Spirit shield is destroyed (2 spiritual bolts does it) and then they are hit with a Total heal prayer - this thankfully doesn't have to be carefully prepared. Many thanks to Grisgriel for his rites and prayers than enhanced our bolts. There were also a LOT of spirits of miracles.

At the end we briefly met the "Star Child". Seems he was only 4 years old when those of the Faith originally were on Razcar. He wields Blue, Black, Ebony & I think Red magics. He also uses Evil and Neutral Spirits. He is the leader of the Dark Elves (the ones with the mantic blades at the end) we met though is human, at least in appearance, himself. He is in no way linked or in league with "Her". He is another foe all of his own. My impression was that he would watch us battling against "Her" and then pick off the winner at the end. (It's what a Blauze would do.)

He was not easy to divine about but there are things we need to find/acquire/do before we have a chance of dealing with him.

The Shrine to adversity, which was under spiritual attack, in now back up to strength. Led by Galdor we managed to reconsecrate the Altar in the Village though is seemed to have been laid waste to by the Lizard men or Undead. The Undead were finally purged, the summoning rites having been destroyed, as survivors were returning the Village.

Yorso.

+Quote Post
henghasty
post May 16 2022, 08:00 AM
Post #18

Militiaman

Yorso

I believe it was the Storm Child rather than the Star Child. I confess I was dredging up very very old memories of him from before my missionary work and whilst I think I recall him I cannot recall anything about him. When time allows from my duties at Telmen's Slope I will search the library at the Cathedral for further details.

Grisgriel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pstaker
post May 16 2022, 09:38 AM
Post #19

Levy

QUOTE(henghasty @ May 16 2022, 09:00 AM) *
I believe it was the Storm Child rather than the Star Child.

Oh no... not him... please not him.

Galdor

--------------------

Characters

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post May 16 2022, 09:56 AM
Post #20

Legend

QUOTE(henghasty @ May 16 2022, 09:00 AM) *
Yorso

I believe it was the Storm Child rather than the Star Child. I confess I was dredging up very very old memories of him from before my missionary work and whilst I think I recall him I cannot recall anything about him. When time allows from my duties at Telmen's Slope I will search the library at the Cathedral for further details.

Grisgriel

You are correct Grisgriel. That will teach me not to write it down at the time.

My apologies.

Yorso.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:03 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins