IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
The Council of Light ((CC: PCLD471)) - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Council of Light ((CC: PCLD471))
Patch
post Mar 31 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

No word from Moonglum,

But I'm serious... other are in and I'd like you guys there too... I do like a good cresent moon.

If you wanna help details below... If Moonglum buys in all well and good.

let me know if you manage to push anything our way... there is an empty chair for moonglum if he wants it.

Harpell

CC: PCLD471

With his duties as Cartasal of the White Reach a little less onerous Harpell refocuses his attention on Primus moots an old idea of uniting the goodly faiths. Within the Holy City of Alguz is the Chamber of Light. At the heart of this structure is a chamber that transcends the normal bounds of Primus and is closer to the gods. The chamber is a multisided room with a multi-sided table.

The number of sides and seats is mystically always equal to the number of Churches in the Council plus one, so that whenever it convenes in full there is always an empty seat symbolic of there always being room for another goodly faith to join. Oddly whenever Harpell holds the Talthari seat the seat of the Lingists always manifests directly opposite…

GROUP CC CONTRACT ~ The Council of Light 1
Any goodly Priest or Paladin that belongs to a goodly Church can work towards this contract which is very much a base for future endeavours to stand against the dark.

Stage 1 ~ The Chamber of Light: To found the council and begin this contract requires at least 3 goodly churches to sign up [Notify the CC Manager]. This requires the High Priest’s public agreement (or god’s assent) and the Council’s member churches are listed in the Almanac, along with whoever holds the seat representing that faith on the council. Although usually the High Priest it could be held by another church luminary appointed by the High Priest. Each church that signs up beyond the required 3 to found the Council reduces the cost to form the council by 1 CP. Once formed the Chamber act as a Shrine suitable to Word of Recall to for any member faith.
Cost: 6 prestige (minimum 2 from dungeons)

Achieved: CC Signature Date:

Stage 2 ~ The Light Bringers: Once completed the Council nominates a Light Bearer to carry out the will of the Council (I.e. spend / use the CPs) and The Light Bearer is listed in the Almanac. It is anticipated that around each Final Dawn the Council will elect the Light Bearer for the next year.

By being able to call upon the diverse skills, resources and outlooks amongst member churches the Light Bearer is able to wield quite some influence, the precise nature of which depends on which faiths lend support e.g. Warriors from Martial Faiths, Healers from more pacifistic et cetera. When

In effect once per season (Almanac) the Light Bearer can generate 1 WP that can be applied to assist in, or resolve an issue of interest to goodly faiths or simply oppose the influence of evil faiths. To use this the player must provide a short (paragraph or so) write up of the actions.

Once the contract is complete further prestige earned may be stored and released to enhance the WP generated. A maximum of 4 additional WP can be generated each season.
Cost: +5 prestige

Achieved: CC Signature Date:

Referee’s Notes: You may choose to award 1 prestige towards this aim if the player has been exemplary in their conduct and pursuit of this goal throughout the course of the adventure.

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Mar 31 2020, 10:54 PM
Post #2

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

You're clearly hoping that we will all start calling you the 'Light Bearer', Harpell. That's so far from my experience of you as to be ridiculous. Do you even remember Hubris?

M

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Patch
post Apr 1 2020, 07:18 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

QUOTE(Jasper @ Mar 31 2020, 11:54 PM) *
You're clearly hoping that we will all start calling you the 'Light Bearer', Harpell. That's so far from my experience of you as to be ridiculous. Do you even remember Hubris?

M

Yes I remember Hubris... Do you Remember the Namers, do you remember why they came... or even how they came...

There were many lessons I learned from that experience Moonglum, but the relevant one here is simple.... when our Gods faced their namer at the Edge of Amora's Doom no matter how much support their church had given them or not given them, they all had two things in common.

Firstly, they faced their Namer alone... For they are all different in how they face the challenges before them...

Secondly, They faced the Namers together... for they are a Pantheon and none of them abandoned their bothers and sisters...

The council of Light is very representative of that lesson.

If you want a chair Moonglum it's there... I'm not going to ask if you want it again... but it will always be there and I have hope that you will take it one day.

As for me being Elected light Bringer... yes, I can really see the Shehanites and the Lingists going for that plan... Perhaps if you take up your chair I'd get another vote in the bag?

Take care Moonglum, I will see you on the road...

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Apr 1 2020, 07:48 AM
Post #4

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Er, no disrespect meant (well, no more than usual) Moonie, but are you actually our high priest? Or did you just make the school boy error of stickin' your head above the parapet and now you're being shot at?

Again, no offense meant, I'm genuinely curios!

Brother Tubbs

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Apr 1 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

QUOTE(Nibs @ Apr 1 2020, 08:48 AM) *
Er, no disrespect meant (well, no more than usual) Moonie, but are you actually our high priest? Or did you just make the school boy error of stickin' your head above the parapet and now you're being shot at?

Again, no offense meant, I'm genuinely curios!

Brother Tubbs

No offense taken. I'm of the opinion that we don't need a High Priest, because there are so few of us it would be ridiculous. If anyone feels the need for a special hat to wear, I'll find them one.
Would you like to buy a chair?

M

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Apr 1 2020, 05:21 PM
Post #6

Heldsman

Member No.: 388

Ei suspected tghat was thde case and that Harppell bwas simply confused aboput rhow we wokr smile.gif

Tubbs teh Tispy

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (Fated Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 02:18 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins