IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Seeking Judicial Review ~ Halgar - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seeking Judicial Review ~ Halgar
BBB
post Jan 21 2024, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

Due to an unfortunate series of events whilst on a Mercenary Mission yesterday investigating the "Cult of Grull" I have found myself an Outlaw due to the slaying of a fellow Mercenary, one Trel.

At the time I surrendered myself to the authority of Barry of the 101st and, as the event took place in the not far from the the capital, submitted myself for judgment and punishment to the Magistrate of Halgar, the moment we were able to escape where we were.

I note however that Magistrate Willoughby Chase has not been seen for some time.

I would be grateful if someone within The Covenant could pick up my case and also grateful if some of my travelling companions for the day be prepared to offer evidence to the events.

I am keen to get back to my duties ministering to the spiritual needs of our Empire's Legionnaires but in accordance with our laws will remain detained in Halgar until then.

Clive
Priest of Milora
Legion Chaplain

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave
post Jan 21 2024, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 62

When there is a person selected to over see, I will happily provide my statement

Barry
101st Empress’ Own

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Jan 21 2024, 11:45 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,966

I too, will provide a statement. I hope this matter will quickly be resolved as another unfortunate case of supernatural domination to turn on those around you.

So too, in the case(s) of those returning to life those who had died who had been outlawed for such deeds

Okkram Sedeth
Arcane Advisor to the Swarm
Stadtus of the fine City of Thimon

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Jan 21 2024, 01:04 PM
Post #4

Legend

Member No.: 190

I also witnessed the killing of Trel, and would explain what i saw.

Misty Grove
Torsland Dales

+Quote Post
giles
post Jan 21 2024, 05:53 PM
Post #5

Legend

Member No.: 68

As a Journeyman Magistrate, if the Covenant has no objection, I can hear the case to expedite matters.

Please only send me statements once the Covenant has agreed.

Governor Nev DeVille,
Halgar

+Quote Post
atem55
post Jan 21 2024, 06:08 PM
Post #6

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,528

Greetings,

I am Trel, of the Circle, there was a great deal of power flowing that caused people to react agains their will, to strike out at those they deemed less worthy, I was resistant to such, but other powers affected me where i lashed against my fellow mercenaries.

Clive restored me to life after the incident, and later in the day I also restored Clive to life. I bear no ill will or malice against any that i travelled with.

Trel,
Of Coris Mount.

--------------------
Carl

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jan 21 2024, 07:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 574

My thanks for the Governors offer, as a sworn in Jorneyman I see no issue with him hearing this case.

Sincerely
Earl Louis Athanyn
Covenant

+Quote Post
giles
post Jan 21 2024, 09:03 PM
Post #8

Legend

In which case - those who were there please send me statements. The deadline for these is one week from tomorrow - if there is some reason why you are unable to achieve this - then please let me know. I have already heard from Clive and Trel - if they have anything they wish to add publically or privately which may have a bearing on my judgement then please do so within that deadline.

Many thanks

Nev'

+Quote Post
Dave
post Jan 21 2024, 09:13 PM
Post #9

Legend

Nev,

The people we fought, often cried out in the name of grull.

Those people who were not strong in mind or very disciplined in their actions, would it appear strike at someone unwillingly, often with their most powerful spell.

Ssdly Trel looked fairly poor, wearing just a white cloth so he got struck sigh the brunt.
We didn’t realise this and I believe a couple of foes cried and also some explosions caused this in very quick succession.

Prompting Clive to do this, true, the person who slew him could have been 2/3 people.

On realising the actions caused his death, he informed me, surrendered into my custody and then returned with me to the barracks.

Barry
101st Empress’ Own

--------------------

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Jan 21 2024, 09:53 PM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 190

During our mission, on various occasions a wave of power passed over us all, inciting a desire to strike out at the least worthy looking.

Some of us were able to resist this, others were not.

The wave of power resulted in quite a few castings and blows being thrown about.

I believe it was the wave of power which made Clive kill Trel.

Misty Grove

Torsland Dales

+Quote Post
BenG
post Jan 21 2024, 11:09 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 6,995

Clive was nothing but supportive of our efforts all day and in all other ways, was a solid companion to Trel and ourselves.

The cult’s domination is to blame here, but suggest we take measures to prevent this in our future battles against the order.

Rudolph Henker

+Quote Post
Dave
post Feb 20 2024, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Legend

Can we get a verdict please.

We are planning on travelling on Sunsday

Barry
101st Empress’ Own

--------------------

+Quote Post
giles
post Feb 23 2024, 12:15 AM
Post #13

Legend

Ruling on the murder of Trel of the Circle by Clive of Dead Heroes.

No one has suggested anything other than that Clive was not acting of his own volition due to a wave of power that made individuals strike out at those they believed to be less worthy. I find that whilst Clive killed Trel he did not murder him, he was acting under an effect that suborned his will. Given that there was no way that any of the group could have been aware of this wave, it seems to have been unfortunate, regrettable but accidental. As such Clive is free to go on his way. However if the group are journeying again, as has been indicated, I will expect them or their hirer to take steps so that they don't perceive one of their number as less worthy. It may be as little as a trip to the tailors so that all dress in equal finery or some sort of precaution that all are dominated to hold each other in equal esteem. Any future judgements with regards to this effect will be considerably less lenient If I think no one has made any effort or taken steps to ensure all are held in equally high esteem.

Nev De'Ville

PS Without wishing to make light of the situation, I can recommend a number of excellent tailors.

This Ruling has been ratified by the Covenant

+Quote Post
BBB
post Feb 23 2024, 01:30 PM
Post #14

Deity

Member No.: 25

Thank you Governor De'Ville,

By way of general warning I am proofed against to the usual means by which Priests or Vampires exert their will over another, such as through miracles such as Spiritual Mastery, but was still affected by these waves of power so it is definitely something other than that.

If any have ideas how one might become resistant to this specific attack I would be grateful to know prior to re-engaging our quarry in the next day or so.

"Clive"
Priest of Milora

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Feb 23 2024, 01:56 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,966

To Clive and others on the upcoming hire

My Divinations reveal that it is similar to how a stackable glyph spell targets someone, so some extra training to be more generally resistant to such compared to a newly trained mercenary should suffice.

Alternatively, dedicated training to resist bronze magics or their Power Words.

I cannot make this muster, but will see you if we have to meet again

Okkram Sedeth
Arcane Advisor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:23 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins