IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Leaving notice - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leaving notice, Final dawn 23 plot
AodhanK
post Dec 10 2023, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Levy

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,027

Knights.

Effective immediately, I am leaving the Knights of the Land.

It is clear to me that this order has fallen from the great body it once was. Our ranks have been infiltrated with weakness and it has caused us to lose sight of the greater good and the greater glory for Primus. It is with sadness but no regret that I must terminate my membership in this order. The Knights have become soft and we are allowing ourselves and the people of Primus to be walked all over by others. Many other planes in the exostance are getting stronger and challenging our realm for its power. We are allowing demons from hell to walk in and take over villagers, slaughter our peons and reap and take our rewards for their filthy gains. Meanwhile, I watch the Knights venture into other planes whilst the people of Primus are dying left, right and centre. We are the Knights of the Land! Not the Knights of other lands. Knights - if you can not get your priorities straight then you will bring shame onto this once great order. I implore you that after I have left, heed my warning and remember what you are defending - the people of this land, Primus.

I will focus my efforts on defending this land at all costs, I do not care who I have to kill or what I have to do. I will protect Primus until my dying breath.

Farewell to a crumbling order, you disgust me.

Ezron Proditus.
The saviour you need, but don't deserve.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 11 2023, 08:50 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 574

QUOTE(AodhanK @ Dec 11 2023, 12:34 AM) *

I wouldn’t burn your bridges all at once, you’re still here for two weeks.

Louis

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Dec 11 2023, 02:39 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 242

If we look to someone suffering, turn our back and say "You are not one of mine, your plight is not my burden" then it shames us. Think of the Elysians who still live as refugees across primus and the light and warmth they bring. Of the Wyrmkin who continue to make the journey from legend to join our proud order. Think of the Tivorians who's world we saved and repay us time and time again with the finest mercenaries of recent years. These people, and countless more look at a problem and strive to fix it, not because of who it helps but because it is the right thing to do.

I am sad to see you leave the order, as I am sad to see anyone leave, but if this is truly what you believe then you are right to do so - your beliefs do not align with what the Knights of The Land stand for.

If you'd like to chuck me a vote before you leave though, that would be greatly appreciated, I seem to be down in the polls.

Angevine

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Dec 11 2023, 03:33 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

QUOTE(Ezron Proditus)
lose sight of the greater good and the greater glory for Primus.
Many other planes in the exostance are getting stronger and challenging our realm for its power.

My Brother,

May I ask you why you feel that the Knighthood should be concerned about glory, or about the power of the plane of Primus?

We are allowing demons from hell to walk in and take over villagers, slaughter our peons and reap and take our rewards for their filthy gains. Meanwhile, I watch the Knights venture into other planes whilst the people of Primus are dying left, right and centre.

I understand that it can feel overwhelming, that there are so many evils that afflict so very many folk far and wide.
But all we can do is all we can do.

I am sure that not one Knight would simply "allow" such a slaughter.
That each and every one of us would strive to prevent it, were we in a position so to do.

We are the Knights of the Land! Not the Knights of other lands.

It is not my place, nor my intent, to lecture, and I am sorry if it comes across as such.
But "The Land" in our oath has never simply been Primus, nor The Empire.

If you can, I implore you to reach out to Knights who have served for many years.
Listen to their tales.
Look at our history.

I will focus my efforts on defending this land at all costs, I do not care who I have to kill or what I have to do. I will protect Primus until my dying breath.

I urge you to care.
Consider those who you would harm by your actions.

Your goals sound laudable.
The defence of the needy is a worthy ideal.

But consider the example of the Knights of Dark Renown, and others throughout our long and often difficult history.

Please.

_
Saul

+Quote Post
Dalron
post Dec 11 2023, 04:54 PM
Post #5

Levy

Member No.: 10,022

Ezron

I read your notice with interest, as the description of the Knights you have provided is simply not true. As a founding member of the Knights of the Land, and having returned more recently to this great institution, I would agree that it has changed in many ways. However, it was formed to protect the people of a foreign land, not just Primus, and that need is greater today than it ever was before.

What's not changed is it's never been, nor should it ever be, a home to zealots and bigots who hold the value of one person's life as greater than another. For my part, I seek stable, law-abiding and safe Lands for people to follow my Dark Queens Path and I swear my oath every day to do the same for those that follow the paths of Light, Holiness and even the Empire. Carrying that protection and support to other lands, such as Amlas just a few days ago, is an honour for me that you will obviously never understand.

From your words it is logical to me that we will be better off without your protectionist, idealistic, Primus-centric outlook. I hope that your stated intent to now do whatever it takes for the protection of Primus does not bring you into conflict with those who have called you their Brother. I conclude from what you have said, however, that seems all too likely.

Dalron
KotL

+Quote Post
giles
post Dec 11 2023, 09:41 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 68

QUOTE(AodhanK @ Dec 11 2023, 12:34 AM) *
Kn ights.

It is clear to me that this order has fallen from the great body it once was. Our ranks have been infiltrated with weakness and it has caused us to lose sight of the greater good and the greater glory for Primus. It is with sadness but no regret that I must terminate my membership in this order. The Knights have become soft and we are allowing ourselves and the people of Primus to be walked all over by others. Many other planes in the exostance are getting stronger and challenging our realm for its power. We are allowing demons from hell to walk in and take over villagers, slaughter our peons and reap and take our rewards for their filthy gains. Meanwhile, I watch the Knights venture into other planes whilst the people of Primus are dying left, right and centre. We are the Knights of the Land! Not the Knights of other lands. Knights - if you can not get your priorities straight then you will bring shame onto this once great order. I implore you that after I have left, heed my warning and remember what you are defending - the people of this land, Primus.

Farewell to a crumbling order, you disgust me.

Ezron Proditus.
The saviour you need, but don't deserve.

Mr Proditus,

If you don't mind me saying, you don't half seem to be getting yourself worked up. It's one thing to leave, fair enough, if it's not for you, better to be honest with yourself and others but it's a bit much to say we disgust you. Many of us, you've probably never met. I'm suprised if you feel that strongly that you didn't stand for the position of Lord Knight to try and make the changes with what you see is wrong with the Knights. I understand that you think Primus should be the priority but surely ordinary folk everywhere need help. Show your brother Knights where the people of Primus are dying left, right and centre and the Knights I am sure will rally to their aid. To be fair, you don't need to be a member to do that, just someone who cares. So I hope you will go and do just that. I'm a bit worried that you've jumped to 'I do not care who I have to kill or what I have to do.' Why the need for killing, why not look for a less extreme way of protecting people, there are plenty of ways - tending the sick, growing food for the hungry. I hope you find a calm way to help those who need it and that your heart remains in the right place.

I'd also implore Ezron's friends and companions, those he fought alongside, to talk to him, even if he no longer can be a part of the Knights, there must be comfort to be drawn from friends.

I hope you find a path that fulfils you without harming others. And with the best will, refering to yourself as 'the saviour you need, but don't deserve,' seems a tad presumptious, but each to their own, unless it involves harming others

Good luck

Lux

+Quote Post
Seamus
post Dec 15 2023, 09:30 AM
Post #7

Levy

Member No.: 9,961

Ezron

I joined the Knights after my home of Stormvale was saved by mercenaries, including many of the order I am now proud to call my own. So I am one of those you would apparently have left to the viccisitudes of fate. My home is one you would have left in the hands of evil men. If leaving is how you may best serve the land then by all means flee your duties and your oath, and good riddance.
___
Kairos Delmaris
Knight of Stormvale, and of the Land

+Quote Post
Edd
post Dec 15 2023, 01:54 PM
Post #8

Heldsman

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 80

Happy to throw my hat in on this one (for the sake of clarity, I will purchase a hat shortly, not currently being the owner of one).

Mr Proditus, I believe you are incorrect that it is only this land we are oathbound to protect. I am disappointed that it appears you have not discussed this with your brother and sister knights, and are throwing your proverbial toys out of the pram. (I assume you do not actually have toys to throw out of a pram, in this instance).

We should defend any land where the people cannot defend themselves from tyranny, but at this point I am repeating what others have said.

I hope you reconsider.

Yours,

Everard En Vac,
Ivory Drave
Knight Warmage

--------------------
edd@labyrinthe.co.uk
Known to play: Mahō No Fukurō, Gavalar Earthsunder, Alecto Pentangle, Ishan bin Akir, Basil the Great Rat Detective

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:11 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins