IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Radiated stuff - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radiated stuff
Ferro
post Feb 13 2023, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,812

Just wondering what radiated stuff people have, how much of an investment it was to get there and what kind of things you built from?

Kiwi is a healing/benediction pure priest and gold jade wizard so kinda feel she has a good foundation for getting radiated stuff.

Cheers

--------------------
Stacey
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dave
post Feb 13 2023, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Legend

Member No.: 62

More interesting than stats.

Watching - 1 person gains ooc attraction to kiwi

No to 5 on floor - if someone falls over they gain a warding vs person who knocked them over

Stuff like that?

--------------------
Lord Knight problems... Contact Stacey. I'm free!

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Feb 13 2023, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 242

Tobias can radiate out an immunity via ritualism, but its really expensive (even more so because its flexi). Roughly costs me 5x the base immunity cost, and its very rare to find a party where theres a good immunity to actually share out that far.

I imagine its similar with all the AC radiators. Only really helps out low level folk, as by the time youre playing on 10ks, most people have their ac/numericals sorted.

Heather

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Feb 13 2023, 03:20 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 574

Always found it cost prohibitive - it’s a lot of points for stuff some forget, some won’t use, some are just immune…

The bang for buck is lacking unless you come up with something truly unique or niche

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Feb 13 2023, 03:46 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 3,966

I generally used published stuff as a basis, e.g. an effect like a witchdoctors Enhance Tribe that worked on church members. Similarly, to others though my applications over the years on this always felt expensive in terms of points or power cost compared to how it would likely actually benefit people.

I preferred to gear things towards one off benefits that can be more targeted instead (e.g. take killing effect, summon ally to self)

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Feb 13 2023, 03:47 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,516

Largely not worth the investment, IMO.

That said bit of info:

Radiated is more expensive than spells.
Greater mass shield, especially mantic, is probably one of the best buffs I’ve had. Still relevant / appreciated even at high lvls and good value at 18 mana.
Mass spells are generally costed at 3* the base mana of the spell.
Especially not good value radiating innates / things people have to use, and remember.

Am betting things like a mass Jade resist to sever spell would be very appreciated at times. Or a 24 hour version to cast on one or two frontliners, but probably be costly.

Hope some of that useful,

Cheers,

Sean

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Feb 13 2023, 04:42 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,812

Cheers for the input.

I’m finding less and less use for casting buffs — I have a few mass casts but generally aren’t needed and quite a few cast self only on others but like Heather said, by 10k it’s pretty much irrelevant as people generally have the AC or immunity they need.

Is getting published buffs to last 8-24 hours on a couple of targets more worthwhile? Or even realistically doable?

Although Dave, I do like your suggestions, probably worth bouncing a few ideas around there.

--------------------
Stacey

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Feb 13 2023, 04:52 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

QUOTE(Ferro @ Feb 13 2023, 04:42 PM) *
Cheers for the input.

I’m finding less and less use for casting buffs — I have a few mass casts but generally aren’t needed and quite a few cast self only on others but like Heather said, by 10k it’s pretty much irrelevant as people generally have the AC or immunity they need.

Is getting published buffs to last 8-24 hours on a couple of targets more worthwhile? Or even realistically doable?

Although Dave, I do like your suggestions, probably worth bouncing a few ideas around there.

Yea contingency type spells are very do-able. Get better versions if can only be cast on non weapon wielders / people with purest self defence restrictions etc. I had contingent repels, mass warding when fell unconscious, forcetrap that couldn’t be broken first time fell unconscious, etc.

And yes getting published buffs that last the day is totally doable, if looking at about the 1 to 6 mana range. That’s what greater mass shield is, the 24 hour shield self on all allies. Agree about ac and dmg reductions buffs generally but still plenty of people who don’t have mac and sac to their max ac.

Cheers,

Sean

+Quote Post
DavidFisher
post Feb 13 2023, 04:57 PM
Post #9

Legend

Member No.: 446

QUOTE(Ferro @ Feb 13 2023, 02:43 PM) *
Just wondering what radiated stuff people have, how much of an investment it was to get there and what kind of things you built from?

Kiwi is a healing/benediction pure priest and gold jade wizard so kinda feel she has a good foundation for getting radiated stuff.

Cheers

I have some radiated things like +1 MAC and 6/2 life for guild members of OoM that are wearing the guild symbol. As Ryan says though, it’s a lot of points

David

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Feb 13 2023, 05:01 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 574

I have a few mass casts but generally aren’t needed and quite a few cast self only on others but like Heather said, by 10k it’s pretty much irrelevant as people generally have the AC or immunity they need.

The key is people knowing what you can do and that you have it … on the first no max myths while Radah was hiding from the 72pt touch fx monsters I was quietly tapping up Carlo for a mantic spirit invis or Lee for an immune to weapon blows unless the monster has a grade of strength because I knew they could and allowed me to dominate the encounter as a 5000pt warrior…

Cast self on other is amazing, it just requires you and the person who has them to have an understanding of eachothers stats to use them at the right times without the need to discuss it

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Feb 13 2023, 05:02 PM
Post #11

Legend

Member No.: 242

Oh you know what, Ill note a specific exception to the above: The feast of Gieldan is useful way later than anything else Ive seen radiated. I also think my (very expensive) "Major prayer if youre blessed by me" + Mass bless is gonna be good for quite a while.

Heather

+Quote Post
RichardCraig
post Feb 13 2023, 06:03 PM
Post #12

Hero

Member No.: 112

I have passed - everyone gets one. All players get an innate of the healing tree up to total that I can cast on them.

After all what better thing to radiate than the ability to total someone..

At 1k points it is situational worth it, but hasn’t crept into the spend yet..

+Quote Post
BennyB
post Feb 13 2023, 06:39 PM
Post #13

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

I looked at radiated stuff and as people said above it was expensive for what it was.

I've got reduced cost casting miracles, miracles are more effective and kin / true kin bits with those I've marked. I've also got extra level of spirits with people I've previously adventured with and have remembered the thing I gave them.

As lord knight, maybe shaman / witchdoctor of knights?

Ben

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Feb 13 2023, 07:13 PM
Post #14

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(BennyB @ Feb 13 2023, 06:39 PM) *
As lord knight, maybe shaman / witchdoctor of knights?

..which continues once no longer Lord Knight

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Feb 13 2023, 08:10 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

In addition to what's been said above: There's also the issue of stacking.
If you radiate +6/2 life, and someone else also radiates life, one of you has wasted their points...

So yeah - looking for something different to radiate is likely a good idea.
Or, as has been said, doing in reverse - you get more power points / innates for having people around you, so you can cast your stuff on them more often.

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Feb 13 2023, 08:11 PM
Post #16

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,893

If you agree to carry round a 7 ft glowing banner as the price of radiating stuff then it is a little cheaper....

--------------------
Grisgriel, Standard Bearer of the Saintly Martial Order of Talthar

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

Amadou Pyreborn, Phoenix Elf pyromaniac Al Hariq Simoon, Efreet of Fire

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Feb 13 2023, 11:54 PM
Post #17

Hero

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(henghasty @ Feb 13 2023, 08:11 PM) *
If you agree to carry round a 7 ft glowing banner as the price of radiating stuff then it is a little cheaper....

Who would be bonkers enough to do that? 🤷‍♂️

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Warrior/Wizard/Warrior Priest - 7.8k
Ginkgo Panama - Kensai/Warrior Priest - 4.9k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 663pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk - 1.9k
Coconut (aka ‘Dead Ogre Walking’)- Half Ogre Warrior - 4k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
Patch
post Feb 14 2023, 09:37 AM
Post #18

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

Cheers for the input.

Being able to use some of your stuff on other retroactively can always be useful, being able to cast stuff on your allies at range if you couldn't normally again is handy. I don't know much Jade but the Herbal infusion spell is one I take regularly when offered even at 15k the blanket +1 level of resistance is very solid, that could probably be worth exploring.

I had a bunch of stuff I used to radiate to Talthar priests, it didn't make the new spend, though the everyone gets a lucky idea of "How do I kill that" will make it in at some point. I would say consider apps of letting your stuff stack on allies, so you can do things like stack Jade and Benediction extra life miracles... meaning you can generate high levels of temporary life (which is often handy)

If you are going to radiate, consider limiting it or thresholding it, so it works on people below the threshold of the dungeon and the lower they are the more they get, it will be cheaper and less likely to be pointless...

Patch

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Feb 14 2023, 09:43 AM
Post #19

Mercenary

Other options I had begun to explore and seemed to have potential. The ability to "loan" items, including my myths items bought with pts, to others on the same dungeon. And to buy multiples of common immunities / resistances to gift out to others.

Would think as gold/jade may well be able to get spells to grant temp resistances even.

And think there is definitely a lot of value to going the KOTL route, will make things a lot cheaper / more likely to be passed.

Cheers,

Sean

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Feb 16 2023, 12:36 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 111

I think you'd probably be surprised by how many people don't have the right immunity, but are just keeping quiet about it. wink.gif

Huw

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 05:17 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins