IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Sirac, Bad Guy's and a Big Statue - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sirac, Bad Guy's and a Big Statue
Patch
post Mar 28 2022, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Right,

Had the below from Sirac...

Greetings Harpell,

I write to ask for your help. As I am sure you know, I seek to create a statue, a guardian for the entire Exostance. This statue will replenish and revitalise worlds that would otherwise shrivel and die, because of Labyrinthia maintaining its Primal position.

The things I need to ask for from you are four-fold:
1.) Could you please ask those of your faith to create a foci. Something that truly represents yourselves, and is empowered accordingly. This foci will come to reside in a chamber at the heart of the structure, and will link your people, and your influence, to the statue.

2.) Could you also please secure a place of power, and link it to the foci, this would grant your people a link to the statue, and the chance to be part of replenishing its strength each year. For the statue will need to be maintained and empowered each year, to fulfil our duties to undo the harm we would otherwise be doing to the exostance.

3.) I hope this will not be needed. But there is now a chance that the lenses you have hopefully read of may start switching from me to the throne of glass. If that does happen, I will need to go and capture 11 of the lenses and make sure they stay focussed on me. To hold a lens will require armies, would you be willing and able to provide one such to hold a lens if called upon? I believe from previous conversations, you may be better suited to support, but that may well be of use to in aiding another faction to hold a site. ((requires a military faction that can provide 4 WPs in a quarter))

4.) Finally, would you please use your influence to call upon your people, and allies, to aid in the creation of the Exostance Statue. Jander has already begun work on it in Amlas, but the more ritual objects, materials and othersuch aid that can be gathered in the coming months the better.
((cc contract nearly finalised, will require 21 CP's for the "best" result. My guild will likely get half of that at most. Will forward the contract as soon as done.))

I thank you for any help and assistance you can give.

I stand ready to answer any questions and concerns you may have.

My thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sirac Drakeson

So I did have some questions and concerns... but basically at the end of the day we need to help get this done.

Radiant, You are probably best suited to put together this Foci, can I trust you to get that done for Sirac? reach out to him or possibly Jander and work out what's needed, let me know if you need anything specific.

Does anyone in the church currently have control over a place of power we can use? if so now is the time to 'fess up, if not OR if you do but you need it replaced then we can work on securing such a site in the coming days and weeks... I imagine it would likely need to be located on Labyrinthia mind, but let me know if you come across one on Razcar, I imagine any of the the locations in which either I or my brothers and sisters were/are imprisoned will likely count, and we should be looking to secure those sites into the long term anyway.

Point 3, I have said to Sirac what I have said to everyone who asked, yes we can help with resources, but the majority of our people are priests not warriors, we can happily support a warrior faction (as ling as they are not evil shites) but I'm not sending good priests off to get slaughtered if they need to be soldiers... because they are not... still no one has actually managed to tell me if that's OK or not...

Sirac is going to get me a list of what's needed, I know we all have some personal and church projects we are working on but when we all get together as a church I will make sure at least one of us has an eye out for bits. when I get full details I will place them in th cathedral vespers so you can all take a look at whats needed if you get the chance while doing gods work to help get this done... then I am expecting you to make it happen.

If anyone has any questions on this shout now, lets do what we can to help out.

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BBB
post Mar 28 2022, 03:12 PM
Post #2

Deity

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Patch @ Mar 28 2022, 04:05 PM) *
Does anyone in the church currently have control over a place of power we can use?
Harpell

* Casually admires architecture of the Cathedral *

How about here?

I mean would that work as a Place of Power?

Blade...

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 28 2022, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

QUOTE(BBB @ Mar 28 2022, 04:12 PM) *
* Casually admires architecture of the Cathedral *

How about here?

I mean would that work as a Place of Power?

Blade...

Nah! I am not tying the literal stairway to heaven to any elf's cockamamy plan... especially one being executed by an agent of the namers... that is just asking to have years and years of hard work go down the dunny...

we need somewhere that can just get blown the [----] up when this all goes very wrong... and the Cathedral and/or any other established place of worship does not fit that bill.

H

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Naga
post Mar 28 2022, 03:24 PM
Post #4

Hero

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

I might have a place or power !

Will any do or does it need to be aligned to God?

Mo

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 28 2022, 03:27 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

QUOTE(Naga @ Mar 28 2022, 04:24 PM) *
I might have a place or power !

Will any do or does it need to be aligned to God?

Mo

It should be aligned to the faith Ideally, but as Radiant is going to need to ue it to empower his foci, I would guess he is best to deal with answering that...

in short...

God -> Good
Not God -> less good
Something evil -> come and see me to discuss how this stuff works...

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 28 2022, 03:29 PM
Post #6

Legend

Member No.: 52

Harpell,

I have a few Blades of God kicking around without bound owners.

In all seriousness I can without doubt craft something suitable. if it is God's desire I will put everything I can into it's crafting,

However it isn't that simple. It isn't what I believe.

My craft is worked and honed for a very specific purpose and having that joined with power from dark gods, evil faiths and depraved demonic entities in a giant vanity project under the auspice of all playing nicely and working together, ensuring their is a balance across the mortal realms is not some decree of night and day level doctrine I am willing to facilitate, hidden under the notion of protecting all the worlds that exist or otherwise.

I live in Hope there is another way.

I'm not as old your faith is, however I've listened to many a story, many a long toothed and wiser vitae possessed soul than myself.

That no one EVER saw this coming, that the Gods and Dragons that have shaped the mercenary caste on Primus and other worlds never for one moment were aware of a plan on such a scale to be inconceivable to most has been underway IN TOTAL SECRET and not one person let the cat out of the bag?

This is bigger than the Namer War and that isn't something I accept blindly.

Radiant.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Naga
post Mar 28 2022, 03:32 PM
Post #7

Hero

QUOTE(Patch @ Mar 28 2022, 04:27 PM) *
It should be aligned to the faith Ideally, but as Radiant is going to need to ue it to empower his foci, I would guess he is best to deal with answering that...

in short...

God -> Good
Not God -> less good
Something evil -> come and see me to discuss how this stuff works...

Harpell

I’ll check the one I last acquired and did that one myself so will to god smile.gif I got all sorts of the others too . Can’t leave these things lying about.

Mo

+Quote Post
Patch
post Mar 28 2022, 03:43 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

QUOTE(Gordon @ Mar 28 2022, 04:29 PM) *
Harpell,

I have a few Blades of God kicking around without bound owners.

In all seriousness I can without doubt craft something suitable. if it is God's desire I will put everything I can into it's crafting,

However it isn't that simple. It isn't what I believe.

My craft is worked and honed for a very specific purpose and having that joined with power from dark gods, evil faiths and depraved demonic entities in a giant vanity project under the auspice of all playing nicely and working together, ensuring their is a balance across the mortal realms is not some decree of night and day level doctrine I am willing to facilitate, hidden under the notion of protecting all the worlds that exist or otherwise.

I live in Hope there is another way.

I'm not as old your faith is, however I've listened to many a story, many a long toothed and wiser vitae possessed soul than myself.

That no one EVER saw this coming, that the Gods and Dragons that have shaped the mercenary caste on Primus and other worlds never for one moment were aware of a plan on such a scale to be inconceivable to most has been underway IN TOTAL SECRET and not one person let the cat out of the bag?

This is bigger than the Namer War and that isn't something I accept blindly.

Radiant.

"No Harpell" would have been quicker <grin>

Bottom line it doesn't matter where the big bad guys came from, I also don't really care they are big bad guys, they turn up they murder people they always will... This lot, like most of the others turn up because the decree of day and night makes it so... the Throne of Glass, makes it so... they literally appear out of nowhere when you kill the last one...

Am I happy about it? No... no I am not... have I been telling people what they have to do for years and years to put a stop to it? yes, yes I have... does anyone ever bother to listen? no they don't.

If these big bad guys go unopposed are lots of people who probably don't deserve it going to suffer and die? yes they are!

So what do you do? do you say wow this is a bit suspicious, damn it, I will let the world burn because it all sounds like a great big reality warping power makes it so the good guys can never ever actually win? I guess that's your call?

The good news is you have the free will to make it all on your own, and I am happy to let you call it anyway you like but if you would rather not make something for us I will sort something that works and we can go from there, but it would probably be quicker and easier if you help, but I absolutely support you not doing so if that's how you feel.

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Mar 29 2022, 08:57 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 111

Tangent, but in my experience I think the decree of night and day is too often used as a scapegoat and a falacy. When in reality there are just lots of unpleasant people out there, and the exostance is very large. If some evil turns up seemingly out of nowhere people jump to blame the decree, whereas there are always other reasons. If the decree does work as people sometimes believe I find it much more likely to be on a subtle level of hearts and minds so people fall to evil and then enact these awful plans vs threats literally springing out of nowhere.

Jarle

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 29 2022, 11:13 AM
Post #10

Legend

Member No.: 52

I have gone back and reread some of the information Sirac and his allies have discussed about the statue.

I fully see the reason to seek to protect and succour as many souls across as many worlds, mortal or otherwise, to help keep Hope present, alive and nurtured in the hearts and lives of those who do not knowingly stand in the light of Hope's faith. I am not so blind as to want to cause suffering, pain or be a cause that eclipses Hope in the hearts of the living.

My reservations about this statue encompassing dark power, both in concept and faith, remain and I will personally be sure to ensure I understand the full details of its construction.

I will craft a symbol, a focus for our faith freely and with joy and give this upon completion to God, Aven and the luminaries of the faith.

I do not speak for the Faith and I am not the will of God.

What is done with the symbol and it's inclusion or exclusion from the project is for those with a greater clarity of faith and a position closer to God than mine.

Radiant.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
Naga
post Mar 29 2022, 11:27 AM
Post #11

Hero

Mr Raidiant

So yeah there will be other faiths and evil faiths in it. But by being involved we can use it without having to visit Amlas and spread hope to the exostance.

There’s more to it but that’s the simple version
Mo

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post Apr 7 2022, 05:29 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 198

A) Sirac is an [----].
cool.gif Amlas is truly so broken that I walked away because their belief that it's ok for an evil princess to sit on the back of a no one in the middle of a massive fight that I had to walk away or destroy their world.
Just my lil opinion.
Penny

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Patch
post Apr 8 2022, 08:33 AM
Post #13

Mercenary

QUOTE(Fionamullin @ Apr 7 2022, 06:29 PM) *
A) Sirac is an [----].
cool.gif Amlas is truly so broken that I walked away because their belief that it's ok for an evil princess to sit on the back of a no one in the middle of a massive fight that I had to walk away or destroy their world.
Just my lil opinion.
Penny

Well I'm a cock... its not like you ever went on about that... oh, never mind carry on.

I never used to get on with Ky-Rym, Whenever I met him he was pretty up himself, but the fact is so are most of the nobles of the empire. its the whole I am king of the world concept. I don't know much about the new lot that expanded society while I was away.

Though sounds like they may well be dicks... time will tell of course... if they are as bad as you say you should have destroyed their world, and I'm very disappointed in you... <grin>

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 10:30 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins