IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
What happened, and next steps - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happened, and next steps
StuartEaston
post Jan 25 2022, 07:23 PM
Post #41

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 105

This might sound flippant, but do we think a converse with spirit miracle (if anyone knows it) might be a way of talking to the maiden? Especially if the person who cast it is also aware of when they are being deceived.

Tai

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Jan 25 2022, 07:59 PM
Post #42

Militiaman

Member No.: 6,893

All

I believe that spoke the truth when she spoke to me and Harpell (and maybe others) or at least she believed she spoke the truth (this being as you will know a limitation of the Detect Lie miracle).

I have been able to speak with her and believe I am able to do so without further significant difficulty. I anticipate that anyone close to the tile can do so as well but I would advocate that only one of us ought speak to her to avoid crossed miracles.

She seems friendly and aware of her situation.

I propose to speak with her to gauge her full understanding of her position and what she would like to happen. I will not speak with her however until after matins two days hence to enable those who wish to make comments to do so.

Grisgriel

--------------------
Grisgriel, Standard Bearer of the Saintly Martial Order of Talthar

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

Amadou Pyreborn, Phoenix Elf pyromaniac Al Hariq Simoon, Efreet of Fire

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jan 26 2022, 07:29 AM
Post #43

Mercenary

Member No.: 59

QUOTE(henghasty @ Jan 25 2022, 07:59 PM) *
All

I believe that spoke the truth when she spoke to me and Harpell (and maybe others) or at least she believed she spoke the truth (this being as you will know a limitation of the Detect Lie miracle).

I have been able to speak with her and believe I am able to do so without further significant difficulty. I anticipate that anyone close to the tile can do so as well but I would advocate that only one of us ought speak to her to avoid crossed miracles.

She seems friendly and aware of her situation.

I propose to speak with her to gauge her full understanding of her position and what she would like to happen. I will not speak with her however until after matins two days hence to enable those who wish to make comments to do so.

Grisgriel

As you wish Gris,

However I do not intend to stray beyond the next room, the good news is, Telmens Slope was the home of our illuminators, they have great skill in scribing the written word… I will have one if them record the conversations in writing so that we can all benefit and understand whats been said.

Harpell

((OOC: an IC excuse for a full transcript to add to the document pile))

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Harpell - He Who Is Elbrime
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake
Elan: Malefactum

For Malefactum Issues: Malefactum.IM1022@gmail.com

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Jan 26 2022, 07:45 AM
Post #44

Militiaman

QUOTE(Patch @ Jan 26 2022, 07:29 AM) *
As you wish Gris,

However I do not intend to stray beyond the next room, the good news is, Telmens Slope was the home of our illuminators, they have great skill in scribing the written word… I will have one if them record the conversations in writing so that we can all benefit and understand whats been said.

Harpell

((OOC: an IC excuse for a full transcript to add to the document pile))

Very wise Harpell.

I shall ensure they are on hand for my next conversation with her

--------------------

Trog, a very hungry caterpillar ogre (favourite son of the greatest father in the exostance) (also greatest goatherder on Primus)

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jan 26 2022, 09:27 AM
Post #45

Mercenary

QUOTE(StuartEaston @ Jan 21 2022, 08:36 PM) *
Hi all,

4. Investigate and then potentially visit the Archivist that T went to see.

Tai

I don't think we have expanded on this point at all as yet... and Tai is right to highlight it, do we know anything about this fella? going to see him sounds like a bit of a chore, but if he has information that lets me kill bad guys then it would probably make sense for us to pay him a visit or at least eliminate him from our enquiries.

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jan 27 2022, 01:01 AM
Post #46

Legend

Member No.: 155

“Carry your light with you.” A treatise on Mystic Lanterns by Dr Yorso Dedd.

The Mockerway Lantern.

If you look carefully there's a small makers mark etched into the base, the initials P.D. An old pamphlet from when I was lecturing at the Gressenfest suggests that this would be the mark of Persimone Dread, a glass blower and purveyor of clockwork tinkering and ingenious counterbalanced machines based out of Gressen. (Not in the same class as Nav Vetzer’s Marvelous Thin-tocking Brass-girdled Accountable Engine of course.)

There were several types of wax remnants in the base and indeed it seems crafted for a candle. Enchantments on the inside, primarily magical, seem to render the flame 'ever burning'. This probably means that it is impossible to be extinguished while the lantern is lit and the door closed, not that it burns forever. The wax is largely mundane beeswax, though high quality, with trace elements of Sasanat Tallow (big Tigery things) and a wick made out finely woven filaments of a deep black wood. There were also find small traces of ash and a tiny corner of burned parchment.
We could probably source the beeswax from the apiaries of Lord Kenobi of House Winterhaven. Sasanat essence is used in making the “Smelling Salts” potion.... so there may be a source there. They are native to the Southern parts of the Baronies and used, usually by Ggrutuck, as war mounts. Daemonland might be a place to look. I am presuming that this gives off a particularly pungent aroma. Blackwood I’ll have to think more about.... I’m not a Druid after all.

The glass itself is inlaid with glyphs and runes; powers of guiding and warding, of 'lighting the way'.

The shades inside the lantern (yes Harpell..... I know.) spoke about how often small words of offerings were made, a piece of woven hair here, a horseshoe there, a delicate crystal there. These are most likely the “appeasements” to mollify the creatures or spirits that would otherwise oppose us. Knowing the nature of the path taken and the guardians thereof would help us choose suitable symbolic appeasements.
Each time a word or words were written on parchment in glyphs and then the lantern was lit. Clearly we need either someone who can write in Glyphic or we need a stock of papers written to take with us.
The shades didn't really know anything more than that as it was too bright and the accursed sprites (their words... not mine) were everywhere. They suggested maybe talking to their kin at places where it was lit, who might have seen from without. The words they remembered were:

Gethyn's Tor
The Weeping Gate
Corolov
The Elenbruch Stone
Hilltop
The Last Tree
Harperloft

I went and sat next to a pool for a while and thought about how it all might work.

I saw a green/blue light, a candle within glowing with light whose tones shifted and changed, giving a solidity to the land around it, and almost a halo, ten or so paces wide where the light grew to form a boundary. It glowed brighter at one point of the circle, at a point where a path split in two, a marker almost, to guide the way. Faces stare inward from the misty gloom, but bowed to the light as the lantern passed. A gentle smoke wafted from it and you see the faces inhaling and smiling. Appeased.

Knowing Harpells attitude to “appeasement” I studied the pool to see what would happen if we did it differently.

When done wrongly there are several consequences. In one scene we stand by a circle of stones, and we walk and turn and nothing happens. Shadows behind the stones move, faces begin to emerge, power upwells. 'Things' are angry, and unhappy. Things of knives and claws or worse. The lantern shattered and the glass exploded.
In another vision no offerings were made, no appeasements given, and as we walked the light started to gutter, the halo dimmed and receded. Unhappy faces watched from the mists and stepped ahead of us. They pointed from where we came. They opened their palms. Knives and powers flashed.
In a final vision we reached a path and from there two more paths and two more before them, and while it was light there was no indication of where to go and we walked, lost in the near endless tangle of paths. There were dead ends, lost in 'nacht, holes, traps, and worse. Without a light to guide the way. Without offerings made, without the solidity of the blackwood wick to carry the world with us, reality was a thin and wan thing, at the whim of those who made, or perhaps more accurately now ruled these ways.

It’s not all bad and dangerous of course. There are those who could guide and walk without such aid as a Lantern (Mistwalkers, some Caravan Guards), but there are many paths which are explicitly protected, explicitly watched and very much not the place to be unless one has made all the right preparations. And even then one should beware. We know from the texts we have that these protections have been enacted.

While the design of the glass & lantern are clearly important they are primarily a conduit for the mysticism it holds. This is very much a “ritual” object that anyone can use with the correct knowledge and “ingredients”. I would certainly suggest obtaining some Blade True to oil and clean the lamp with as there is no guarantee that a simple shatter or disintegrate spell would not destroy is. Even if mended or reformed the incantations bound into it would be unlikely to survive. How many times have we met things that destroy all the mundane things around them? Oh yes.... two weeks ago.

That’s about it for the moment. Apologies for the lack of detail.
Yorso.

+Quote Post
Patch
post Jan 27 2022, 09:42 AM
Post #47

Mercenary

QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Jan 27 2022, 01:01 AM) *
“Carry your light with you.” A treatise on Mystic Lanterns by Dr Yorso Dedd.

The Mockerway Lantern.

That’s about it for the moment. Apologies for the lack of detail.
Yorso.

I'm pretty sure, most of this appeasement nonsense is really just a lie (he's a Blauz you know) trying to get out of a great opportunity to kill bad evil shadowy things. and we should just crack on and give it a go.

but you can make up your own minds I guess...

H

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Jan 27 2022, 11:15 AM
Post #48

Mercenary

Very interesting stuff Yorso.

I happen to have access to the Winterhaven estates so that shouldn't be a problem, I could probably get my hands on some blackwood through some druidic friends but I think it's quite dangerous stuff if I remember correctly. Sasanat Tallow, maybe it's worth trying trhough the route of herbalist and alchemical suppliers rather than trying to hunt down a big tigery thing in Daemonland or perhaps some of the more southerly based members of our church might have some connection there.

Tai

+Quote Post
Pstaker
post Jan 27 2022, 03:23 PM
Post #49

Levy

Member No.: 177

QUOTE(StuartEaston @ Jan 27 2022, 11:15 AM) *
Very interesting stuff Yorso.

I happen to have access to the Winterhaven estates so that shouldn't be a problem, I could probably get my hands on some blackwood through some druidic friends but I think it's quite dangerous stuff if I remember correctly. Sasanat Tallow, maybe it's worth trying trhough the route of herbalist and alchemical suppliers rather than trying to hunt down a big tigery thing in Daemonland or perhaps some of the more southerly based members of our church might have some connection there.

Tai

Alguz does have the pinnacle of the Alchemist guilds when I last looked... [OOC - HotE Alchemist Guildhall 5]

Galdor
Still the Guvn'r

--------------------
You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Characters
Galdor - City Spirit of Alguz
Florin - Crystalline Dwarven Seer
Sola Vagus - Farfolk High Druid... with a bite.
Baron Wyn Stoneheart - Blade Master
Barak - Blue / Ivory Warlock
plus 30+ years worth of other small yellow cards

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Jan 27 2022, 08:13 PM
Post #50

Mercenary

Does anyone recognise the names on the pieces of paper that Yorso uncovered. I feel like I vaguely recognise some of those names. Might be worth having a think about, lets see if anyone else recognises any.

Gethyn's Tor - Not familiar with this name or place
The Weeping Gate - Not familiar with this name or place either
Corolov - As mentioned previously, part of the name of an old enemy. Also mentioned in notes from the enemy very recently. It occurs to me that this is likely to be place that was recovered from the Nacht by the enemy. If we were going to pick a place to go at random, I would suggest here.
The Elenbruch Stone - Elenbruch is the name of one of the Waldgraf's in Kasnia.
Hilltop - Could be anywhere
The Last Tree - Not sure, but is this a place that was in the Sunless or on the edge of it???? (Really not sure about this)
Harperloft is the name of the Barony of Kharnath, between Eisenstein and Daemalund. Known to have a mockerway which was sealed by the circle.

Not sure if it's coincidence that there are 7 names here...

Tai

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Jan 31 2022, 01:27 AM
Post #51

Legend

Lanterns and Locations - A study of mystical pathways, light and glass.

IMPORTANT – do NOT divine about Corolov. (See notes below.)

First of all – the fact that there are seven places of interest is, to the best of my ability to tell, (and I’m no divining expert) just coincidence. A good thought though Tai.

Gethyn's Tor is in Kasnia, North and East of the settlement of Elenbruch (which is not where the fortress is, but rather Waldgraf Elenbruch’s son's demesnse), not far north of the ruins of Schottenheim. Gethyn was said to be a large giant, perhaps a cyclops, who sleeps beneath the Tor. The stories vary widely as to whether he was nice or nasty. It may be that the way this is pronounced has confused it with “Gathen”. (These huge creatures in the far north are the bodies left behind by the Laiu when the ascended. They have immortal attributes but each is said to have a weakness.... but these are not easily, or even possibly, divined or discovered.)

The Weeping Gate – Also in Kasnia, near a place called Islund's Stand. It is said that the tears of Islund for the fate of his people can still be heard on a quiet day.
We should note that the Waldgraf of Kasnia, Elenbruch, is a little “harsh” as she is leader of a wild and hostile province. In her current position since IM968, Elenbruch matches the brutality of her people with excesses of her own and even her Graf live in terror of her stormy and unpredictable behaviour. So she’ll get on well with Harpell. Or not at all.
Elenbruch is a great leader, a “banner” if you like, to her people and when Kasnia takes to the field she fights with her people from within a chariot so heavy it takes four immense horses (those legendary creatures) to pull at speed.

The Elenbruch Stone – Also, and yet again, in Kasnia in the courtyard of the fortress home of Waldgraf Elenbruch Nav Kasnia. Several offcuts of the Elenbruch stone were taken and placed in settlements of note as anchors, such that the Waldgraf, her children and her forces could step between those places in almost an instant. (See my earlier comments on “Portals & Pathways”.) The Stone anchors form a number of Vandling Paths, that use the Mockerway stone as an anchor. The Mockerway itself is extremely heavily warded and bound with cold iron gates. (Cold iron is unusually resistant to Fey magics and uncomfortable even to touch for them. If you really want to hurt a Fey you stab them with a cold iron sword.) Unmoving sentinels with cold iron nooses watch it night and day. I’m presuming that they move, or the nooses do, if there is a Fey incursion. The Stone itself is extremely old Vandling* Stone (Primal shard – similar to Nagrech in some ways.).

Corolov** – I didn’t find out anything at all but something hit, and triggered, some wardings I may have erected when I posed the question. All they will know is a question was asked but not by whom. I would suggest that any questions directed that way are from me.

Hilltop - the tallest peak within the Gilmedean Hills, south east of Bildteve. Curiously the topmost hills are all very similar in level but do actually change in height... a bit like the “Hit the Mole” game at Fayres. There are several old circles of stones, and the gate is said to move depending on which hill is currently the highest. The hills in question are called the Three Sisters. (Now I know what you are all thinking....) The cause for such changes are unknown. They grow and shrink, seemingly on a whim, but some say it relates to the ascendancy of the seasons, or some older power. Possibly a creature lies below and we are seeing its slow, yet relentless, breath.

The Last Tree - a tall tree at the southernmost reach of the Shedeff, now somewhat outside of the true boundaries of the forest, surrounded by fields and farmland, but by tradition still considered part of the forest. The survival of such a tree in a farming area where fields are of value, and lumber even more, so suggests some folklore guards it.

Harperloft – Graf Kharnath's Barony, on the borders of Eisenstein and Dhaemalund. This area a historical fey problem which was dealt with by the combined efforts of the Ggrutuck and the Circle and the gate supposedly sealed. The gate is still sealed but has been tampered with such that someone with an appropriate 'key' can access it and make use.
I visited there and it is a plain and unassuming set of stones. There doesn't appear to have been any recent fey activity and the Ggrutuck and their servants are mostly chopping wood, mining, building and making up what is now a quite an impressive settlement. Trade flows well and the settlement is thriving now the wars are well in the past. I did confirm the tampering of the wards though and the fact that someone with a key of appropriate power, could now pass by. I probably need to investigate such a key though I would imagine that both Graf Kharnath and the Circle would have one.

Appeasements – what, how and when?
The appeasements to quieten the denziens of the Mockerways can change and will vary over time as it depends which Court of Fey, or which spirit or power, has dominion or “Lordship” over the pathway at any one point in time, and some paths may criss-cross several such demesnes.... which is likely to be “tricky”.
While it doesn't change often, this is something we would need to discover just a few days, perhaps a week or so, prior to travelling, so that preparations are not made which have become irrelevant or outdated.

More on the Elenbruch Stone.
I went there and listened to a lot of stories and folklore.
There's a Grand Fete in spring around May Day ('Grand' meaning a little less grubby and it’s probably stopped raining, and there's some local cooking, baking, and a lot of drinking of very average quality beer), and also Harvest, when people are allowed to visit the stone in the Waldgraf's Courtyard. It's said to be good luck to place a hand on the stone and make an offering. Whilst this is likely “just old superstition”, Elenbruch is old, smart and well knows the value of that, even if its all just nonsense. If it makes her subjects feel lucky and more likely to hunker down and not cause trouble, then so be it. Personally I’ve always taken note of such superstitions and often found them relevant and with substance.

The Kasnian people speak of the Stone being the lynchpin of the region, that there's always been an Elenbruch long before the current Waldgraf, and that the stone has never fallen. Several forts, castles and parts of castles have been attacked or besieged, but never has the stone fallen. It is bastion of the Kasnian people, and the people's before them.

Candles, paper and incense.
The spots of wax in the lantern all seem to have come from a single type of candle. We could likely buy one from a specialist shop, but any decent chandlers with alchemical connections could do. Certainly the alchemists in Alguz could put something together. The origin of the wax in the lantern, judging by the type of pollen used by the bees and the plants it comes from, it is likely from Gressen. (The lack of “crop” plants, and the predominance of grass types, in the pollen used suggests Gressen, as does the skills needed and the origin of the lamp itself. But then I’m no Druid.)

The scrap of unburnt paper is of a type enchanted for normal scroll writing. Not a hurried “back of a Tanis pouch” type thing. The writing had not survived but previous investigation indicate that a word, or words, were written in glyphs on the parchment before the lantern was lit. What type and style of “glyphs” used will need to be confirmed. It is likely to be the location to be travelled to but again, this needs to be checked. The owner of this lantern being a “Scout” type suggests that the skill of writing is needed and not any empowerment.

Sasanat Tallow can be obtained, most likely in Daemunland, but for specialist ritual use a number of specialist Baronial shops, in Gressen or Takalia certainly, could supply it. A small amount rubbed onto skin tends to ward of various smaller predators. Unfortunately it is equally likely to attract Sasanat Tigers intent on either eating you or mating. Which is the worst outcome is a matter of debate.

The Black wood for the candle wick is trickier, but again a specialist carpenters, likely one that specialised in wands or wood for rituals would be our best bet. A very high end chandlers specialising in ritual candles might stock these as they are sometimes used in the initial rites that bond, or marry, a new incoming Noble to their land. Halgar is a distinct possibility, or again Gressen. Blackwood is generally extremely rare and expensive. It’s not something that you can grow supernaturally quickly or replicate as it needs to take it’s time growing in the soil of Primus to be effective.

Apologies again for the brevity and lack of precision.
Dr Yorso Dedd.
Professor of Divinity, Orcs Ford University.

Appendix & Acknowledgements.

*Vandling.
Here I quote from an impeccable source: “The Vandling is the art of Primal Reality. It is a long-established precept that all things are centered upon Reality. The nature of Reality is very much down to perception, but the perception that holds the ultimate sway is that of the Primal Spirit. The Vandling is therefore the art of the manipulation of the Primal Spirit whose conscious perception of the world is what shapes it. Where the Vandling Stones in the cities crumbled from the sheer power of the arrival of the Second Age, their power was taken and given substance as the City Spirits. The City Spirits spread the perception of the Primal Spirit throughout places of the greatest concentration of peons. It is the perceptions of the peons that empower the City Spirit’s, it is the City Spirits that give sight to the Primal Spirit. Those who learnt the Vandling Arts from the Laiu were the Weavers, they had the power they ruled, they became the Princes as time took the knowledge but not the position. The blood of the Princes is the Blood of the Nobility.” Lord Inquisitor Watching-Owl

** Extract from the Encyclopeadia Primordia.
Valath Aminae Nav Corolov. (The Folly of Man, Ducal of Lies, Injustice & Deceit)
Aminae was the bastard son of Mirava and Caer’lar Idris who in an age past ascended to daemonhood in his own right. Having been imprisoned for many long years he broke free around the time of the high final dawn and proceeded to weave his arts both on behalf of Caer’lar Idris, and for his own ends. He was behind the Demon Tree fiasco, whereby Mirava's corrupted tree was regrown to channel power to Idris, posing as the baronial Alexei Castiganiev, whilst also making appearances within Ruthwen's form (see the story of Thalvur for more information).
He stole the power of Caer’lar Idris when he was slain by mercenaries and was behind the corruption of Excessum Victus and his subsequent use by V*lcoma (Malice). He was also behind the killing and corrupting of many of the Place Spirits of Primus in early IM1010, including Anthuinn and Scathrilach. In doing so he forged a number of daggers made of blades of wheat which were said to be capable of killing place or even realm spirits in the right hands. The Seers believe that all such were recovered or destroyed.
Having evaded death on many occasions he finally met his end in Mai IM1010 at the hands of a large group of mercenaries, where his spirit was obliterated, unable to be restored or reborn.

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Jan 31 2022, 12:40 PM
Post #52

Militiaman

Thank you for that Yorso it is most interesting.

In the meantime I attach the Illuminators note on my most recent conversation with Ar:-

Hello again my shining friend. It is good to talk. And especially to someone outside of here. The people here are nice, I suppose, but its the same faces and the same souls, over and over again, and as much as I can help them, they too are trapped. And they look to me, but not like a friend, like children. I don't know if they were willing or not, or simply people the magiarchs upped and took, but here they are. Most of them are shells. Hollow and empty things. I try and give them a spark, but I too am trapped and can do only little. I don't know why they put these places in here, these villages. Did they hate the people that much? Did they think giving us people and problems to solve would keep us sane? Did they do this to my sisters or just me? Questions I ask myself from time to time.

It's not fair though, for them even more than me. Swathes of land simply plucked and folded up, packaged away and forgotten. Generations live and die and all they know is the inside. They don't even realise there is more and I could never bring myself to tell them, for it would serve them nothing but pain. And as much as I intervene to help their souls grow grey and wan, alway reborn in the same bodies, in the same vessels.

As for my own imprisonment, it has been long, boring and mundane. I have tried to reach out for decade upon decade and it is only in the last two that there was anything. Before everything was just twisted back upon me. I stopped trying for years, only probing every so often. I accepted that this was my fate, and that in time there would be paths where it would be my fate to escape and so I resolved to wait. And do what little I could for the people here. The ones who are real at least, rather than the empty shells the tile makes. I cannot draw the unborn souls from outside to within, so I cannot make them real. And I would not wish to imprison another that could be reborn again without.

I have talked for too long without letting you speak.

Whatever the issues might be about releasing Ar I cannot believe that we can suffer innocents to remain entrapped within there. I intend to turn my enquiries to the question of releasing them.

Grisgriel

--------------------

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post Jan 31 2022, 09:02 PM
Post #53

Mercenary

I've been to see a couple of old friends and got my hands on both some blackwood and some beeswax for the candles, so we just need someone to pop down to Gressen or Takalia to buy some of the Sasanat Tallow and then we need to find a chandler to make it. Actually you mention I might be able to get the whole thing done in Gressen so I might as well bring everything there myself and see what I can do.

The other thing seems to be magical scroll paper, I'm at a bit of a loss with that one at the minute. I'm sure I could find someone who has some for sale once I'm done with the candle, or happy if someone else can get there hands on it.

Some thoughts on the other notes made by Yorso,

They obviously are, or were, interested in Kasnia for some reason*. Without more information we're unlikely to be able to effectively counter what that was or is and whatever they did is likely to be shielded from scrying. I think the places related to Kasnia should just be marked as points of interest but I feel we could do as much harm as good by going there with no purpose.

Hilltop - seems likely this was the closest point convenient for them to travel to and from the Monastery.

The last tree - we know that the last tile is rumoured to be in the Shedeff and the enemy has been looking for it around there. Probably this is a convenient point for transporting to and from there.

Corolov - This could be a huge distraction simply because of the significance of the name but I think we should go here if we go to any of these places named. I would bet money on the fact that there is something here worth investigating.

Tai

*Or it's a big distraction to get us wandering all across one of the most miserable parts of the baronies for no reason.

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Jan 31 2022, 10:28 PM
Post #54

Militiaman

Radiant (or anyone else)

I recall mention somewhere of a smith or craftsman of rare skill who might be of interest but I cannot now recall the details; can anyone remind me/point me in the direction of the relevant writing?

Grisgriel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Jan 31 2022, 11:02 PM
Post #55

Legend

Member No.: 52

I haven't been able to keep following our current position, I have been deep in forging as many of the faithful are in need of arms, armour and such and these things takes time and focus.

However you my be recalling that in one of the wings of the prison was a smith of some cosmic title.

If it isn't that you are referring too I am unaware I am afraid.

Radiant.

--------------------
Gordon Court
Port Miere business: portmierecitycouncil@gmail.com
Known to play: Amorphus, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2009: Amorphus, Ash, Cyric, Godstone, Kessel, Prowl, Mithaniel, Radiant, Raven, Strale, Void & Vorell
Cast of 2010: Amorphus, Aqueous, Blaen, Godstone, Hex, Kessel, Mithaniel, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Vanderlaine & Void
Cast of 2011: Cyric, Hex & Prowl
Cast of 2012: Kessel
Cast of 2013: Amorphus, Golgari, Kessel, Marimar, Radiant, Strale & "Terry"
Cast of 2014: Amorphus, Hex, Godstone, Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Radiant & Strale
Cast of 2015: Amorphus, Karador, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2016: Zaton
Cast of 2017: Amorphus, Equinox, Godstone, Golgari, Hex, Karador, Prowl, Radiant, Variel & Zaton
Cast of 2018: Amorphus, Despair, Equinox, Golgari, Karador, Lannary, Prowl, Templeton, Vanderlaine, Void & Zaton
Cast of 2019: Amorphus, Despair, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Prowl, Radiant & Zaton
Cast of 2020: Amorphus, Isamaru, Karador, Kodai No Ha, Lannary, Radiant, Strale & Zaton
Cast of 2021: Amorphus, Grizzled Wolf, Isamaru, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2022: Golgari, Ink-Eyes, Lannary, Leovold, Prowl, Radiant, Shadowmoss, Strale, Wrynn & Zaton
Cast of 2023: Isamaru, Leovold, Numai, Radiant & Zaton

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Feb 1 2022, 12:52 AM
Post #56

Legend

QUOTE(StuartEaston @ Jan 31 2022, 09:02 PM) *
The other thing seems to be magical scroll paper, I'm at a bit of a loss with that one at the minute. I'm sure I could find someone who has some for sale once I'm done with the candle, or happy if someone else can get there hands on it.

A few of questions answered.

The type of “Glyphs” and language are needed on the parchment to be burnt in the lamp can be Magic or Spirit, but any language of 'power' would work. Even Ogham... and that’s saying something! The word, or words, on the parchment should be your destination and it should contain a little power. Even that of a cure would miracle would do.

The destination could changed whilst in a Mockerway though it is difficult and tricky, and relies on the destination being connected, which many will not be. At least not directly enough to be of use.
There is also the worry of missing or unknown appeasements. Most often a destination is changed at a nexus point, such as a Fey court, glade or other crossing point within the ways, where 'the dream' or the “Otherworld”, I haven’t decided what to call it yet, is more strongly defined, and many ways meet.

The “appeasements”, and there will be variations in the ways, require a calling to the creatures/beings/entities/souls/folk with poor clothing sense to be appeased, a presentation of the appeasements and a stepping back while they are acknowledged. Appeasements won’t always be things, but might be actions, such walking around a stone tossing salt over the shoulder. Singing of songs, telling a story and acting a short play have also been known though I would draw the line at interpretive dance.

Finding a key to the Harperloft Mockerway gate is easy, getting it... less so.
Turb Ripple (who the spirits describe as “A tall wiry Ggrutuck painter and artist, named (by himself having escape the Spiter's service) for his love of watercolour”, has one and could acquire others. He is in charge of the gate's security and safety. They are only likely to be given to those of the Circle or in the employ of Graf Kharnath. The Graf, a famous mercenary with the group “The Prophets of Danger” (Where do they get these names??) will likely listen to reason. While a skilled artist he is also a competent weaver and smith, in the mystical way, particularly when it concerns rivers.

Yorso.

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Feb 1 2022, 01:27 AM
Post #57

Legend

Thoughts by Dr Dedd.

With a little deduction it seemed likely that we were being manipulated to recover the Tiles for our enemy who might then try to steal them from us.

Whilst I know that a locked room in a rural religious retreat with dodgy guttering is the ultimate in security I decided to set a decoy tile and box to see if the Tile was being targeted. (It was a little more complicated than that - ask me when you see me.)

Nothing appeared to happen on the first five days and nights. The weight was the same and each time I checked the box the fake remained inside. On the morning of the sixth day however the weight was slightly off. Not by much, but by a very small amount. Fortunately I opened the lid from a safe "mercenary distance" to be met by an almighty explosion. Pieces of box and glass and scrap metal tore everywhere. If it wasn't for my Blauz sense of something not being right, and lifting the lid with a very long hook, I'd probably have been neatly smeared across the wall. Inside, beneath all the debris, was a small piece of black metal, flat, almost like a thin metal business card. Engraved onto it were the words "Well Played". The fake was nowhere to be found.

Two days later a letter arrived:

"Dr Dedd,

I am presuming that the wonderful obfuscation of the box and the fake tile was your doing. Nobody else in your church has the faintest idea how to set something like that up. Delightful stuff. A real test for my acolytes. We had a good few nights practise out of it and most were utterly convinced. I won't tell you what your mistake was. You're smart enough to figure it out I'm sure. Rest assured that I have no intention of apprehending the Maiden's tile from you at this time. And your church's assistance in its retrieval was greatly appreciated. I count on your continued assistance in the acquisition of the Mother's tile from the Shedeff.

Do come visit. I'm sure we could do wonderful things together. Best not tell Harpell though. He already gets itchy sword finger around 'the demon'.

Tiberius nav Corolov"

The mistake was, I believe, enhancing the plant life around the area, I'm not a Druid after all, which clearly wouldn't have the souls needed for the "creation". Ah well.... you live and learn.

But what did we learn? We learned they have a number of operatives who are good at stealth. That they are quite good with caches and their enhancement. That the "Mother's" Tile is indeed likely in the Shedeff. And, importantly, he signed his full name.

Please can everyone be aware that the duplicate tile I had as bate was taken. If you divine about what it is you will get "The Mirrorred Prison - the one you seek" as an answer. Exactly that. Grisgiel, you would spot the difference in an instant - so keep a keen eye out.

And finally.... if it all goes horribly wrong I appear to have a job offer!

+Quote Post
henghasty
post Feb 1 2022, 03:07 PM
Post #58

Militiaman

Yorso

What a cunning fellow you are, Harpell and I shall be on our toes looking out for ne'er do wells up here in the sticks.

All

I believe we need to consider a return to the prison at Schottenheim. Edgar Gawlys is in cell 886 (the ever folding halls) and I believe he has the skills to strengthen the tiles (or weaken them). Whether we decide to release Ar or not we will need his help.

How and when we might go about this we should consider.

Grisgriel

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patch
post Feb 3 2022, 11:17 AM
Post #59

Mercenary

QUOTE(henghasty @ Jan 31 2022, 12:40 PM) *
Thank you for that Yorso it is most interesting.

In the meantime I attach the Illuminators note on my most recent conversation with Ar:-

Hello again my shining friend. It is good to talk. And especially to someone outside of here. The people here are nice, I suppose, but its the same faces and the same souls, over and over again, and as much as I can help them, they too are trapped. And they look to me, but not like a friend, like children. I don't know if they were willing or not, or simply people the magiarchs upped and took, but here they are. Most of them are shells. Hollow and empty things. I try and give them a spark, but I too am trapped and can do only little. I don't know why they put these places in here, these villages. Did they hate the people that much? Did they think giving us people and problems to solve would keep us sane? Did they do this to my sisters or just me? Questions I ask myself from time to time.

It's not fair though, for them even more than me. Swathes of land simply plucked and folded up, packaged away and forgotten. Generations live and die and all they know is the inside. They don't even realise there is more and I could never bring myself to tell them, for it would serve them nothing but pain. And as much as I intervene to help their souls grow grey and wan, alway reborn in the same bodies, in the same vessels.

As for my own imprisonment, it has been long, boring and mundane. I have tried to reach out for decade upon decade and it is only in the last two that there was anything. Before everything was just twisted back upon me. I stopped trying for years, only probing every so often. I accepted that this was my fate, and that in time there would be paths where it would be my fate to escape and so I resolved to wait. And do what little I could for the people here. The ones who are real at least, rather than the empty shells the tile makes. I cannot draw the unborn souls from outside to within, so I cannot make them real. And I would not wish to imprison another that could be reborn again without.

I have talked for too long without letting you speak.

Whatever the issues might be about releasing Ar I cannot believe that we can suffer innocents to remain entrapped within there. I intend to turn my enquiries to the question of releasing them.

Grisgriel

Oddly this just feels like we are being manipulated... it wouldn't be the first time. perhaps I am old and cynical... but she just seems to be saying all the right things in all the right order to make us feel like we need to do a certain thing...

I think we need to continue to consider and verify this stuff before we rush to unfold this space...

perhaps if we can find the location Ar was imprisoned we can see if there are records or memories of these pysical places being there and understand what happened to them.

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post
Patch
post Feb 3 2022, 11:19 AM
Post #60

Mercenary

QUOTE(henghasty @ Feb 1 2022, 03:07 PM) *
Yorso

What a cunning fellow you are, Harpell and I shall be on our toes looking out for ne'er do wells up here in the sticks.

All

I believe we need to consider a return to the prison at Schottenheim. Edgar Gawlys is in cell 886 (the ever folding halls) and I believe he has the skills to strengthen the tiles (or weaken them). Whether we decide to release Ar or not we will need his help.

How and when we might go about this we should consider.

Grisgriel

Why was he locked up? people in prison are occasionally there for a reason.

Harpell

--------------------
Patch

Plays:
Vrere Da'Karte
Gabriel Drake

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:31 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins