IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
How do I... - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do I..., Seeking better skills
Alasdair
post Mar 7 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 208

So I have a Grey Knight MC Spirit Warrior, B class, skirmisher.

I am not there yet (points) but keen to work out how best to give about buffing weapon skills. I have damage grades covered enough, and want a route to (enhanced) counter mastery of all weapons (or similar).

Am thinking a MC anchored around Weapon Master (lots of restrictions which make sense to enter into) and use this as a basis to then get to something like ‘buy as first class warrior for sword based skills: counter/contramastery (etc)

The other option is simply to do a weapon based MC with a 1pt/level non-stacking damage reduction (as counter/contramastery... or indeed DAC based)

Am interested to know what others have done / think before putting pen to yellow paper. Comments welcomed! And appreciate starting from 1st class Monk/Kensai/Warrior should be easier and cheaper for this sort of thing...

Thanks

Alasdair
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AndrewBucknell
post Mar 8 2018, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Hero

Member No.: 95

... but beware that contra to 9pts is NOT for ALL your contra masteries unless you pts app it.

+Quote Post
Helsvell
post Mar 8 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #3

Hero

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(AndrewBucknell @ Mar 8 2018, 01:38 PM) *
... but beware that contra to 9pts is NOT for ALL your contra masteries unless you pts app it.

It is if you buy the ability on the higher table.

--------------------
Peter Smith

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Mar 8 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 208

Thanks for comments.

Spirit warrior is... for total heal.

So prob the best route is to increase distancing. A MC with some downsides (weapon master am thinking) to get +3/+3/+3 distancing (capped to post 8th table perhaps, and system limit of 12) seems like the sensible thing.

And I agree: contra mastery is a starred ability for first class warriors/monks/(?)kensai. (Haven't got the books with me, but have always read into the latest rules this way).

Cheers,

Alasdair

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:34 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins