IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Atheron Res Change - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Atheron Res Change, Trial
Stuart
post Nov 21 2022, 07:43 PM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

After discussions this weekend, I'm going to trial a change to restore life/animate life/breath of life/magic res thing so that:

"The cost of a resurrection effect is reduced to zero power if you spend the full 5 minutes ritualising. You can cast a res without the ritual, but it costs full power and you don't get a free total heal."

The intention is to massively reduce the tax on healers for other character's deaths, though they still need to know the miracle/evocation/spell.

As with all system adjustments, if it doesn't work I'll change it back.

Ta,

Stuart
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forefallen
post Nov 21 2022, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 4,026

Just as a note for someone not playing the campaign, I think this is very cool smile.gif

Jack

--------------------
QUOTE(Jack)
Only the good die young.

Many characters, long signature got boring.
- Guild head of Frontline, Wahadamune and Children of the Dusk, PM me for permission to join if needed!
- Head of the Fae Court of Delirium Noble House, PM for any info you need!
- Yes I will ref your guild special or campaign!

+Quote Post
giles
post Nov 21 2022, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 68

I like this, will seriously consider buying Breath of Life

Giles.

+Quote Post
Pacey
post Nov 22 2022, 10:13 AM
Post #4

Militiaman

Member No.: 279

Love it

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Nov 22 2022, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

While it's not particularly relevant to me as I've sadly not been a part of the campaign, I'm curious. Would the prot cost power if you do the 5 mins ritualising or would that be included too?

Mark

+Quote Post
BBB
post Nov 22 2022, 11:30 AM
Post #6

Deity

Member No.: 25

An interesting change.

Will definitely improve the flow and make death less of a disaster / having to decide if we can afford to res someone.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Nov 22 2022, 03:16 PM
Post #7

Legend

QUOTE(MarkD @ Nov 22 2022, 10:51 AM) *
While it's not particularly relevant to me as I've sadly not been a part of the campaign, I'm curious. Would the prot cost power if you do the 5 mins ritualising or would that be included too?

Mark

I thought about that, and you can always use holy water to draw the prot. I think it's fine to still need someone to cast the prot. The idea is that it's relatively easy to get players back up and playing, without changing the system too much or lessening the impact of character death.

Stuart

+Quote Post
MarkD
post Nov 22 2022, 03:56 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,413

QUOTE(Stuart @ Nov 22 2022, 03:16 PM) *
I thought about that, and you can always use holy water to draw the prot. I think it's fine to still need someone to cast the prot. The idea is that it's relatively easy to get players back up and playing, without changing the system too much or lessening the impact of character death.

Stuart

I think that makes a lot of sense and keeps holy water useful outside of vs undead, and makes the 0 spirit one from spiritual healer (if and when people eventually reach the sort of pts where they buy it) stay relevant.

If you keep making changes like this and the discern associated one, I may have to come dip a toe in the Realms of Atheron!
Mark

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Nov 22 2022, 04:03 PM
Post #9

Legend

QUOTE(MarkD @ Nov 22 2022, 03:56 PM) *
I think that makes a lot of sense and keeps holy water useful outside of vs undead, and makes the 0 spirit one from spiritual healer (if and when people eventually reach the sort of pts where they buy it) stay relevant.

If you keep making changes like this and the discern associated one, I may have to come dip a toe in the Realms of Atheron!
Mark

There’s a new campaign in the same world starting in March, in case being 190pts below the party level is too rich for your blood!

S

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 09:52 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins