IPB WARNING [2] Declaration of class_bbcode::convert_emoticon($matches = Array) should be compatible with class_bbcode_core::convert_emoticon($code = '', $image = '') (Line: 0 of /sources/classes/bbcode/class_bbcode.php)
Starting Up - Labyrinthe Forum
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starting Up
post Dec 17 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

Hi All

Can any one guide me to how I could start up in HoTe.

Cheers

Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Dec 17 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

QUOTE(Somme1 @ Dec 17 2007, 10:47 AM) *
Can any one guide me to how I could start up in HoTe.

I'd suggest going to http://kingfits.proboards99.com/index.cgi which is a forum set up specifically for Heroes, by Alan (who runs it).

There's some stuff written up there about how things work, and a few threads where other people have asked for help with getting started that may provide some insight.
_
Pete

+Quote Post
BBB
post Dec 17 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Deity

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

As Pete says there are several threads on that board relating to starting up.

There are several people with a fair bit of experience in the game who'll quite happily offer advice IC and OOC.

In particular the below section contains hints and info on basic game mechanics (a fair few of which I've written)

http://kingfits.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=orders

The most important thing with Heroes however is to have an aim. Without one you will wander

The second most important thing is patience - the game takes time.

Luckily in recent years all the trail blazing and hard stuff has been done by a number of die hards which in game make things easier to get started. Sponsorship by any of the powerful factions in the game will make your starting up easier. There are now various resources available to the newer player that just weren't available to the first generation of players.

I am more than happy to offer any advice on starting up but my main recommendation is join up the Heroes board and have a good look around for the feel and flavour of things.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
post Dec 17 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #4

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE(BBB @ Dec 17 2007, 01:29 PM) *
As Pete says there are several threads on that board relating to starting up.

There are several people with a fair bit of experience in the game who'll quite happily offer advice IC and OOC.

In particular the below section contains hints and info on basic game mechanics (a fair few of which I've written)

http://kingfits.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=orders

The most important thing with Heroes however is to have an aim. Without one you will wander

The second most important thing is patience - the game takes time.

Luckily in recent years all the trail blazing and hard stuff has been done by a number of die hards which in game make things easier to get started. Sponsorship by any of the powerful factions in the game will make your starting up easier. There are now various resources available to the newer player that just weren't available to the first generation of players.

I am more than happy to offer any advice on starting up but my main recommendation is join up the Heroes board and have a good look around for the feel and flavour of things.

BBB

Cheers laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:36 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins