Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armour question
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > General Discussion - OOC
Hatchy
hey.

the book is confusing me a bit so i will ask you guys if could please help me out.

if i had mastercrafted light mail with mastercrafted scale over it how much AC would i have.

John
Kail
QUOTE(Hatchy @ Jan 21 2009, 06:28 PM) *
hey.

the book is confusing me a bit so i will ask you guys if could please help me out.

if i had mastercrafted light mail with mastercrafted scale over it how much AC would i have.

John

I think you can only layer under plate mail, but I could be wrong. Leather gives you plus 1 and metal gives you plus 2.
Sully
By the looks of it You would have 5+2+2 so 9... I also thought that you had to have plate but by the look of it scale would work

Sully
Leo
Sully has it right.
reapsy
I would have thought 4+2+2 so 8 as light mail on it's own is 4+2

Jez.

Jack
Im with the human bruise! you need to wear hardcore armour to get 9 or 10!

Cotter
Sully
I thinks Scale counts as 'hardcore armour' after all on its own it can make 7 PAC with Light mail as well I should hope it makes 9 PAC. If the light mail was worn on top the PAC would be maxing at 4+2+1 so 7 with leather under it. You cannot get 4+2+2 since you cannot layer metal armour under Light mail anyway.

Sully
saracentruth
Scale is 5. Mastercrafted Scale is 7 (being 5 + 2)

Mastercrafted Leather underneath your Mastercrafted Scale, will 'only' give you another 1 (so making 8). Basically, you will be a tank. A little tank, but a tank nevertheless wink.gif

If you were to wear Mastercrafted light mail of 6 (4+2) or better (presumably reinforced leather is the same as well, it has the same PAC afterall), under Mastercrafted Plate, then the Mastercrafted under armour would give you 2 (not 4 plus 2, just 2) which you would add to your 8 (Plate 6 +2 for Mastercrafted) for a grand total of shed-loads (erm, 2 + 8 = 10).

Personally, I think that if you had a Mastercrafted Light Leather Shirt, underneath Light Mail, underneath Platemail, you could get PAC 11 - but you probably wouldnt be able to move, the weight would mean you wouldnt be able to breathe, and unable to lift your heavy arms to defend yourself you would either die by barrage of Bruising 1pt damage or asphyxiation. ho hum.

Hope that helps...

Regards,
Dan

Excerpt from the basic handbook: Layering Armour "Armour may seem to grant insufficient protection when one considers the amount of beating and bashing taken by an
average knight in a battle, or the number of blows landed on a competitor in the melee of a tournament. This is because
they wore good, well-fitted armour that was worn in layers and covered the entire location.
To this end, if you wear mastercrafted leather armour under armour of at least AC 4+2 value (light mail+), you gain an
additional point of PAC. If you wear mastercrafted armour of AC 4+2 value, such as light mail, under armour of still
higher value, you get an additional two points of PAC. Thus a warrior wearing a rigid one-piece steel Breastplate over a
set of light chainmail would gain AC equal to 6+2+2 for 10 points of physical armour class!"
DanM
QUOTE(saracentruth @ Jan 28 2009, 04:16 PM) *
If you were to wear Mastercrafted light mail of 6 (4+2) or better (presumably reinforced leather is the same as well, it has the same PAC afterall), under Mastercrafted Plate, then the Mastercrafted under armour would give you 2 (not 4 plus 2, just 2) which you would add to your 8 (Plate 6 +2 for Mastercrafted) for a grand total of shed-loads (erm, 2 + 8 = 10).

FYI 6+2 is solid plate armour
The plates style armour is 5+2

To get AC10 you need Solid plate armour over at least MC AC 4 (Chain)
saracentruth
QUOTE(DanM @ Jan 28 2009, 04:39 PM) *
FYI 6+2 is solid plate armour
The plates style armour is 5+2

To get AC10 you need Solid plate armour over at least MC AC 4 (Chain)

True, sorry I meant that, not the plates sewn to leather or anything (that's Brigantine). So it's real plate armour for 6 (and a back brace... lol), Mastercrafted real solid platemail for 8 (6+2). Unless I'm reading it incorrectly. Troy Breast/Backplate, Gorget possibly, Pauldrons, Greaves, Vambraces and the like. It will be quite heavy ...

Soft leather. (Heavy leather clothing)
Furs PAC 1 (Fur clothing)
Padded cloth. (Padded clothing at least ½” thick, E.G. padded jacks)
PAC 2 Rigid leather. (Typical hard leather vambraces or greaves)
PAC 3
Studded Leather. (Soft leather with a substantial number of rivets, studs and / or hard leather
reinforcement covering)
Reinforced leather. (Hard leather with a substantial number of rivets, studs and / or hard leather
PAC 4 reinforcement)
Light mail. (Mail made from wire, or Big-ring-little-ring mail made from spring washers)
Heavy mail (Each ring into four others mail made from spring washers)
Brigantine (Metal plates riveted or sewn to leather)
Ring (Metal rings sewn or thonged to leather)
PAC 5
Scale (Close fitting regularly shaped metal plates attached to each other)
PAC 6 Plate (Solid one piece metal covering ¾ of the location or more)
LucyH
I thought it was fairly simple.

If you have M/c leather under any sort of M/c metal armour you get +1
If you have M/c chain under any sort of M/c plate or other "heavier than chain" metal armour you get +2

These cannot be stacked with each other.

Lucy

P.S. Be thankful you didn't have to read the first draft of that set of rules....

saracentruth
I must have missed the part where it can't be stacked ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.