Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling costume makers
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > General Discussion - OOC
gormaden
What's sort of material do you make the costumes/tabards so they last longer in the chalky caves. (and can be washed regularly)

Thinking of making a shield cover out of this but a £9 a meter wanted to be sure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Homescapes-Pure-Co...s=purple+fabric

KatSables
Very expensive. Never buy fabric online.
Onasuma
What Kat said. Go find somewhere with 15 fabric shops in a close area and wander about til you find something that suits.

Pete Long
KatSables
QUOTE(Onasuma @ Nov 10 2017, 05:12 PM) *
What Kat said. Go find somewhere with 15 fabric shops in a close area and wander about til you find something that suits.

Pete Long

What Pete said
fatteacher
QUOTE(Onasuma @ Nov 10 2017, 05:12 PM) *

Pete Long

Do you have anywhere in mind?
Fionamullin
Southall, Lewisham, Berwick st in Soho.
Ferro
We use cotton drill.

Online prices are fine if you're buying wholesale quantity... Personally, we've really struggled finding fabric in shops for a decent price. They're usually too thin.
Stuart
And don't get me started on trying to find reasonably-priced wool. It moves so much better than cotton.

Stuart
stomperwombat
QUOTE(gormaden @ Nov 10 2017, 04:11 PM) *
What's sort of material do you make the costumes/tabards so they last longer in the chalky caves. (and can be washed regularly)

Thinking of making a shield cover out of this but a £9 a meter wanted to be sure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Homescapes-Pure-Co...s=purple+fabric

I use a polyester mix, I know it is long lasting and a good material to use as I have a fire elf and an Ice/winter elf costumes made of this stuff that I made them 1986! and I still wear them down the caves 30 years later.
I shop at Walthamstow market London, as I find there is a good selection there, plus they are all competing with each other on there prices. I normally play one against the other to get price down (Haggle).
As it happens I need to make some shield covers for my daughters new large kite shield.

Hope that helps

Stomps
KatSables
QUOTE(Stuart @ Nov 10 2017, 08:01 PM) *
And don't get me started on trying to find reasonably-priced wool. It moves so much better than cotton.

Stuart

I have a load of wool I will probably never use. You’re welcome to it?
TimTreadwell
Anything made to stay down in the cave's Armoury needs to be totally synthetic.

The red furs for example - they will be there when the world ends.

Tim.
duncanmatthias
QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Nov 10 2017, 10:46 PM) *
Anything made to stay down in the cave's Armoury needs to be totally synthetic.

The red furs for example - they will be there when the world ends.

Tim.

Is that because the demons who end the world are wearing them?
fatteacher
QUOTE(duncanmatthias @ Nov 11 2017, 06:45 AM) *
Is that because the demons who end the world are wearing them?

Final Dawn Spoiler Alert!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.