Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some help appreciated
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > General Discussion - OOC
NickBurne
Hello,

I was wondering, if an attack is both neuronic and dispelling at the same time, is the correct call 'Neuromantic', or 'Neuronic Dispel'?

I was assuming it would be Neuromantic, due to the Dispel's being Grey Mana in nature, but was unsure.

If so, do you apply MAC to a pure Neuromantic blow?

While people are reading this, I also wondered, if you were suffering Limb Thrall, is it valid to grab the other limb to stop movement?

Thank you,

- Nick.
Nibs
As far as I'm aware, neither neuromantics nor neuronic dispels (which the name implies would be purely neuronic in nature) exist. Certainly not standardly. So either the points apps or monster stats/ref would say.
TimTreadwell
I've always gone for Neuromantic. My Hospy has the frilly cuffs and everything.

Tim :-)
Abel
QUOTE(NickBurne @ Sep 30 2017, 06:34 AM) *
Hello,

I was wondering, if an attack is both neuronic and dispelling at the same time, is the correct call 'Neuromantic', or 'Neuronic Dispel'?

I was assuming it would be Neuromantic, due to the Dispel's being Grey Mana in nature, but was unsure.

If so, do you apply MAC to a pure Neuromantic blow?

While people are reading this, I also wondered, if you were suffering Limb Thrall, is it valid to grab the other limb to stop movement?

Thank you,

- Nick.

If you have something that crosses into the newromantic neuromantic powerbase, I would suggest speaking to Lee about it, as it's unlikely to remain that way, normally those powers tend to stay separate, but Lee can clarify either way with certainty.

Limb Thrall grants the limb controls a grade of strength, so you would need equal strength to restrain it, but yes you can just restrain it yourself.
iainwimble
QUOTE(Abel @ Sep 30 2017, 08:48 AM) *
If you have something that crosses into the newromantic neuromantic powerbase, I would suggest speaking to Lee about it, as it's unlikely to remain that way, normally those powers tend to stay separate, but Lee can clarify either way with certainty.

Limb Thrall grants the limb controls a grade of strength, so you would need equal strength to restrain it, but yes you can just restrain it yourself.

Limb Thrall and Thrall do not grant strength but grants the skill to use there own strength.

Iain
Helsvell
QUOTE(iainwimble @ Sep 30 2017, 10:21 AM) *
Limb Thrall and Thrall do not grant strength but grants the skill to use there own strength.

Iain

Both spells also grant unarmed combat.
fatteacher
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Sep 30 2017, 01:34 PM) *
Both spells also grant unarmed combat.

If you are a weapon master and can only use your specific weapon, what then?
iainwimble
QUOTE(fatteacher @ Sep 30 2017, 05:09 PM) *
If you are a weapon master and can only use your specific weapon, what then?

Cannot use Weapon Masterys but can use strength and gives you the skill to use Unarmed Combat but cannot do nothing unless ordered to.

Iain
fatteacher
QUOTE(iainwimble @ Sep 30 2017, 05:35 PM) *
Cannot use Weapon Masterys but can use strength and gives you the skill to use Unarmed Combat but cannot do nothing unless ordered to.

Iain

But weapon master says that you can no longer use unarmed combat
Helsvell
QUOTE(fatteacher @ Sep 30 2017, 06:10 PM) *

You are not using unarmed combat. Someone else is.
Helsvell
QUOTE(Helsvell @ Sep 30 2017, 07:45 PM) *
You are not using unarmed combat. Someone else is.

Ask Lee in the GSM thread if you are not sure.
iainwimble
QUOTE(fatteacher @ Sep 30 2017, 06:10 PM) *

Well that is a restriction you gained yourself, remember if Thralled the person that cast the spell has to say what you have to do.

Iain
NickBurne
QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Sep 30 2017, 08:48 AM) *
I've always gone for Neuromantic. My Hospy has the frilly cuffs and everything.

Tim :-)

I'm tempted to follow suit! smile.gif

Cheers,

- Nick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.