Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2018 Extended Length Planning
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > General Discussion - OOC
RichFromant
So, with the majority of the 2017 events now over and done with we are starting to look at the options for next years events. We have a few ideas of events we would like to run along with a few people that have already spoken to us about events they keen on. We however welcome everyone to put suggestions forward as what they would like to see. Obviously, we wont be able to please everyone but will do what we can.
Also, if anyone is keen to ref an event then let us know as these are usually the hardest things for us to find.

Very roughly, we are looking to hold a similar number of events to this which will be made up a mix of:
2-day events at Pinewood Scout Camp
3-day events at local sites (including 2-party multi level ones at Polyapes)
4-day events at sites further away
6 day myths

If you have any feedback from this years events that you would like to share and could potentially derail this thread, or cause offence or upset to those involved, please email it to one of us. We ideally just want to keep this to suggestions for levels and themes for next year.
Ryan
Loved the array of 1500-3k events this year - could be tempted by something higher next year purely as I haven't played one at that level for a long time.

I suspect I'll only be playing 2 and 3 day events next year due to time and cost.
silvereye
Maybe a 250-750 3day would be good.
Thanks
Paul
Orlock
QUOTE(silvereye @ Aug 11 2017, 02:43 PM) *
Maybe a 250-750 3day would be good.
Thanks
Paul

Aye a lower threshold level would be warmly welcomed by us new starters - trying to get a character to the heady heights of 3k etc is a little beyond myself and a couple of others.

Even if it was only one event for the year to plan towards ?
gormaden
More local site extended lengths
Dare I say it set for more people so cost could be lowered - bit more like a festival even.
Same idea used by other place where half the players crew for the other half for a short amount of time and a core monster crew.
Ikwos
QUOTE(Orlock @ Aug 11 2017, 03:03 PM) *
Aye a lower threshold level would be warmly welcomed by us new starters - trying to get a character to the heady heights of 3k etc is a little beyond myself and a couple of others.

Can I echo Orlocks sentiment... there are quite a few of us starting out together and 3k would be maybe for the year after for us.

Cheers,

Simon.
whiteknight
A 2day low level affair would even tempt me out if I get permission!

Rich
Ikwos
QUOTE(Orlock @ Aug 11 2017, 03:03 PM) *

Can I echo Orlocks sentiment... there are quite a few of us starting out together and 3k would be maybe for the year after for us.

Cheers,

Simon.
RichardCraig
Much as i love myths i think 6 days is now beyond the limits of my holiday allowance.

I'm also a fan of low level, i think a theme is also good to help inspire people on what to play
Edd
Would be interested in a low level event. My wife has expressed an interest in mothering too, so thought I'd get that out there.
TimTreadwell
QUOTE(Edd @ Aug 11 2017, 07:15 PM) *
Would be interested in a low level event. My wife has expressed an interest in mothering too, so thought I'd get that out there.

Are you sure she doesn't just want kids? smile.gif

Tim.
fatteacher
QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Aug 11 2017, 08:03 PM) *
Are you sure she doesn't just want kids? smile.gif

Tim.

More young players. Come on mate, I've done my bit!
Forefallen
I'd love to play a max 10k Myths.
Harrumph
A max 3k 3 day at a local site would be my vote.

I think getting refs in place early really helped this year.
Helsvell

Max 10k Myths sounds a good idea.
Christine
The short, cheap, 2 day format at the local sites worked really well, Huw's Rasha 2 day was awesome.

Personally I wouldn't be interested in anything above 5250, and more keen on the lower end of things.

Lengthy myths events are beyond the scope of holiday allowance / babysitting at the moment, even taking out the wasted day travelling up and down to the site.

C
Ferro
Being able to stay the night before as an option helps it feel like you get more time in. I'd vote for that again.
Dave
Happy to play / crew anything up to a 5250.... I like the idea of themes or people and friends. Not individual guild specials.
The rasha one worked well....
RobDonnison
A tribal themed extended length could be good.

Rob
FlorenceWarren
I'm also a fan of something around 3k or the lower end of the system, that gets my vote!

Flo
fatteacher
How about using them to empower Guilds that have faded or are in trouble. The monsters can count towards a guild too (this could also work for caves guild specials to get people outside the points range to be involved and crew!!)
daork
10k myths or something shorter at the lower end of the system for me
dnsmantra
Very keen on more 2-days and/or 2-days with an IC chill-night on the Fri-evening (as getting the Friday pm for Pinewood is super cheap - about £30 or so). You could have some plot exposure, npc's to talk to, some takeway on the Fri evening for those who can make it, then be prepped and good to go first thing Sat am. People could roll up when able/even just join Sat morning. I think the 2-day format has worked very well over the last few years. Keeping the cost competitive will be a large part too as it allows lots of people with differing levels of disposable income to get involved.

Much as I'd like to do a myths again, I suspect for many it is tricky holiday-wise. There's also only a very small number of referees still reffing who I'd be prepared to fork out to do a myths reffed by and it'd need to be the right level/theme/concept.

Back to back 4-days would be something I'd be keen on (again with the right ref teams) - have a core doing play one / crew one and fill the rest of the slots with people who can only take less time off.

Level-wise I'd be keen on anything broadly between 1500 and 5250. I think that's broadly the golden part of the system (you could go down to 750 probably and up to 7500) - below you don't really have enough you can do on a longer event, above and the system just starts to break down.

Huw
Kail
I'm going to join I suggesting a low level extended length, by low I mean sub 1k.

I'll also suggest trying to stay the night before as well. It helps make the event more relaxed, seem longer for fairly little cost. I don't mind if the extra night is in or out of character.

Local sites get my vote as well.

Edd
TimTreadwell
I'd be prepared to monster/Mother half of a back to back 4 day.

Tim.
BBB
QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Aug 14 2017, 06:36 PM) *
Very keen on more 2-days and/or 2-days with an IC chill-night on the Fri-evening (as getting the Friday pm for Pinewood is super cheap - about £30 or so). You could have some plot exposure, npc's to talk to, some takeway on the Fri evening for those who can make it, then be prepped and good to go first thing Sat am. People could roll up when able/even just join Sat morning. I think the 2-day format has worked very well over the last few years. Keeping the cost competitive will be a large part too as it allows lots of people with differing levels of disposable income to get involved.

Much as I'd like to do a myths again, I suspect for many it is tricky holiday-wise. There's also only a very small number of referees still reffing who I'd be prepared to fork out to do a myths reffed by and it'd need to be the right level/theme/concept.

Back to back 4-days would be something I'd be keen on (again with the right ref teams) - have a core doing play one / crew one and fill the rest of the slots with people who can only take less time off.

Level-wise I'd be keen on anything broadly between 1500 and 5250. I think that's broadly the golden part of the system (you could go down to 750 probably and up to 7500) - below you don't really have enough you can do on a longer event, above and the system just starts to break down.

Huw

Pretty much as usual: What Huw said.

BBB
Gordon
Max 1500 is the lowest threshold I personally enjoy as it grants the most scope for concepts as you get two multiclass slots.
250/500/750 with specific themes can be ok for a 2 day as a maximum, we are long past a Max 250 Myths being something I would be interested in.
Max 3k with the right referees, crew and support can be be awesome two of the best events I have done over the 20+ years have been at this threshold.
If using a premium site in cost and/or facilities I prefer that to be 4+ days than shorter, I want the most Time in I can get for my investment.
The 2 day format for value has been superb, I echo the comments regarding the Rasha Tales event from Huw.
Having the ref or refs locked in grants certainty and helps build the keen.
More events local the the SW wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.