Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mention of live action roleplay in Chislehurst on comedy show 'Peep Show' - coincidence?
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > General Discussion - OOC
JaredLeedham
Hey guys, watched an episode of Peep Show last night and spotted a random mention of live action roleplay in Chislehurst! The following link at 6:35mins in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF2OK8V0sbo

Is anyone aware of this? Think its just a coincidence or could they be talking about Labyrinthe?

Thanks
Jared
BlockWizard
QUOTE(JaredLeedham @ Aug 9 2017, 06:18 PM) *
Hey guys, watched an episode of Peep Show last night and spotted a random mention of live action roleplay in Chislehurst! The following link at 6:35mins in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF2OK8V0sbo

Is anyone aware of this? Think its just a coincidence or could they be talking about Labyrinthe?

Thanks
Jared

They have to be, right? It's way too specific. Quick! Check the system for David Mitchell!
JaredLeedham
QUOTE(BlockWizard @ Aug 10 2017, 02:19 AM) *
They have to be, right? It's way too specific. Quick! Check the system for David Mitchell!

I know right! I wondered if any of the more experienced players or the management had any memories of Mitchell coming down? We've had actors down the caves before! Alternatively a quick Google search of 'live action roleplay' has Labyrinthe 4th down on the list and first 2 results are literally just links related to explanation of the concept. Maybe they Googled it.

Thanks
Jared
giles
Peep Show wasn't written by David Mitchell or Robert Webb, it's written by Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain. Jesse Armstrong went to school in Shropshire and Sam Bain went to a private school in London - so most lilely to have been him who maybe went to the caves in his youth. Or they just looked it up on the internet.

fatteacher
Is anyone on Twitter? Friend David Mitchell and ask him, making sure to hashtag Chislehurst Caves & Labyrinthe. Free advertising for both parts. Job done. Oh & you might even get an answer
Onasuma
I am not convinced that that version of LRP is one you want to assosiate with labyrinthe. Let the old show and bad roleplayers die silently.

Pete Long
fatteacher
I don't watch it. Is it that bad?
Leo
I've met plenty of people who have never been at all larpy, but are vaguely aware of labyrinthe's existence.
Everyone seems to know someone who knows someone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.