Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help!
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
darkrule233
Hello all!
So, this is my first shot at a 10k gift. And, I'm looking for some cool and interesting ideas should anyone have them.
I'm mainly looking for ideas around being a vampire or 'gas'-orientated stuff, forgotton human type stuff and potentially something about me being a priest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,
Callum
KatSables
You're not getting to 10k save your money wink.gif hehe
darkrule233
This is too mean wink.gif
I'm just trying to points app Kat sad.gif biggrin.gif

C
Christine
QUOTE(darkrule233 @ Mar 3 2016, 08:42 PM) *
This is too mean wink.gif
I'm just trying to points app Kat sad.gif biggrin.gif

C

That's where you are going wrong. You need to points app away from Kat, then you might get to 10k tongue.gif

C
darkrule233
QUOTE(Christine @ Mar 3 2016, 08:47 PM) *
That's where you are going wrong. You need to points app away from Kat, then you might get to 10k tongue.gif

C

Ahhhh!
I'm clearly missing the trick...
Okey doke. wink.gif

Naga
Goodly and cannot be excommunicated !
fatteacher
Be both Goodly and Evil at the same time (Like Naga!)
Naga
QUOTE(fatteacher @ Mar 3 2016, 09:03 PM) *
Be both Goodly and Evil at the same time (Like Naga!)

I'm just neutral and been white marked away from Evil sad.gif
Carlo
The first thing to think about is what a 10k gift is.

Originally, it was essentially 'break a system rule'. Or something appropriate to your character. Or just a one off tough ability that you wouldn't get in a regular ability.

One idea for Kassadin, could be maybe gains buy as 1st class budoka, but based on your race, as vampires are naturally quick/agile/tough

Another could be a 2nd multi race slot, to 8th level. Some sort of uber vampire, incorporating some tough abilities

Do you want another bracket? Another power pool? Maybe a blood priest class with blood points and some specific blood spells? A bit like a path but spiritual in nature?

What do you want to be able to do that's different?
darkrule233
One cool idea that I really liked was something that gave me neuronics that are spiritual in nature.
Lee said it would unlikely to be passed just like that. So, if anyone can give me any other suggestions that would be cool.
I'm trying to avoid the whole: Gains a mind type thing.

Cheers for the Multi-race idea though Carlo. Didn't think of that one!
Callum
Onasuma
Minority Churches. You're all alignments and a member of all churches and cant be excommunicated as a result.

Pete Long
darkrule233
QUOTE(Onasuma @ Mar 3 2016, 09:25 PM) *
Minority Churches. You're all alignments and a member of all churches and cant be excommunicated as a result.

Pete Long

Hehe.
I could just imagine the aggro this could cause smile.gif
Oh yes, I'm a member of Mortai... Yeah... And a member of Iron and Empire wink.gif

C
giles
Absorbed Alignment through Blood Drinking - eg. drink someone Goodly's blood become goodly etc. No longer has an alignment, may cast miracles depending on alignment - 3 separate miracle lists (GNE). At end of dungeon can choose to make current alignment the starting one for next adventure.

Giles.
Onasuma
Scratch what I said, Giles' is just too elegant not to apply for.

Pete Long
darkrule233
QUOTE(giles @ Mar 3 2016, 09:27 PM) *
Absorbed Alignment through Blood Drinking - eg. drink someone Goodly's blood become goodly etc. No longer has an alignment, may cast miracles depending on alignment - 3 separate miracle lists (GNE). At end of dungeon can choose to make current alignment the starting one for next adventure.

Giles.

This actually sounds like an awesome idea. I could then fill the gap of many priests as long as there were different alignments on dungeon (with blood).

Cheers!
Callum
Will
How's that new years resolution going? smile.gif
darkrule233
QUOTE(Will @ Mar 3 2016, 09:39 PM) *
How's that new years resolution going? smile.gif

Fine actually -
Just getting ideas for August wink.gif smile.gif

C
Will
Yeah yeah yeah smile.gif
Will
What about Spiritual Neuronics, I hear they're a thing?
darkrule233
QUOTE(Will @ Mar 3 2016, 09:47 PM) *
What about Spiritual Neuronics, I hear they're a thing?

That involves me getting a mind I'd fear. sad.gif Never a no though.
Carlo
QUOTE(darkrule233 @ Mar 3 2016, 09:47 PM) *
That involves me getting a mind I'd fear. sad.gif Never a no though.

You need more of a theme for 'spiritual neuronics'. Maybe some sort of spiritual seer, but a spiritual mystic doesn't really make sense for instance.

There you go, 10k gift 'imperial seer' as 1st class seer. Everything IS neuronics but activated via a spiritual improved message to proper imperial seers that do the job for you smile.gif
darkrule233
I can definitely see the roleplay behind it!
And maybe,I get no damage neuronics cos I'm not casting it wink.gif

Thanks all!
Callum
dnsmantra
QUOTE(darkrule233 @ Mar 3 2016, 09:24 PM) *
One cool idea that I really liked was something that gave me neuronics that are spiritual in nature.
Lee said it would unlikely to be passed just like that. So, if anyone can give me any other suggestions that would be cool.

I have a m/c based around Forget that is essentially spiritual neuronics as Mallerstang (forgets, vanishes, greater forgets, spiritual neuronic invis/invis (that person/the world forgets me)).

As Nexus I have an 'angel power' m/c that gives me holy innates/powers that work like neuronics and the ability to buy more.

Just come up with a 'power' concept and what you want it to do, then write the powers for a life cost and the ability to buy foci for them. The key thing is to be specific. It is easier to write a set of powers around a theme, that could be based on existing neuronics if you want them to (e.g. it would be fairly easy to do a spiritual diviner m/c based around precog, clairvoyance, etc... - they all work fine as spiritual neuronics... but just as easy to do as miracles).

Work out something you want to do/get that you can't do now (or a theme/idea you want to have to expand your char/background and so on) and then go from there to work out how you want to do it.

E.g.

As Blend, I have one that is based on the witchly 3 by 3 - 3 colours, 3 spheres, 3 brackets.
As Aurora I have, 1st class Seer, based on building on myths item neuronics and Grace/Grace priests often being associated with having neuronics.
As Mallerstang I built on my Countess of Truth & Lies 4-day item/roleplay hooks and worked that into spiritual ebony/ivory wizard.

A theme can go a long way to coming up with ideas.

Huw
darkrule233
Im will definitely look into the neuronic innates I like the look of, and see if I can pool them smile.gif

Cheers!
Callum
BBB
There are two schools of thought:

1. How can I become exponentially better at what I do.

2. How can I open up to do stuff and deal with situations I've never been able to before.

BBB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.