Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mantics
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
Leo
I've never done the mantic thing before, so I'm not sure what's feasible.

I've got an undead hating black powermaster.

What I want is spirit empower weapon and the ability to cast my darknesses mantically. Anything else is gravy.

Can anyone dream up a more elegant method than essentially a powermaster's version of mancer, with spirit empower weapon post 6th?
duncanmatthias
Non-standard Path to AP, it's the choice of champions
ChrisAndrews
QUOTE(Leo @ Feb 4 2016, 06:01 PM) *
I've never done the mantic thing before, so I'm not sure what's feasible.

I've got an undead hating black powermaster.

What I want is spirit empower weapon and the ability to cast my darknesses mantically. Anything else is gravy.

Can anyone dream up a more elegant method than essentially a powermaster's version of mancer, with spirit empower weapon post 6th?

Come on Leo, you know the rules.

Wait till tomorrow...

More helpfully I think Julian has quite a nice mancer thing for his Budoka/Wizard about getting a mantic weapon which he might be willing to share.
giles
Except in your case as you are Goodly & a follower of Lazar - ns path to Paladin? Probably won't be cheap

Giles.
Nibs
Non-standard path to warrior-priest or even try for a modified weapons priest with bo sticks instead of staff?
Martinj
It's like no-one's ever met Leo before, none of these suggestions are wacky enough!

Try and do a path to Life's Avenger, gradually making your mana (and empower weapon) Mantic, but only vs undead.
giles
Well if you want something more interesting - tbh I wouldn't even bother with a path or mancer - from what I've seen of that character - multirace to an angel of Lazar - should be trivial to get mantic innates & empower weapon - but I'd go slightly more leftfield and be an angel of rebirth/metamorphosis - something like 'The Death of the Self' - and get innates of temp rebirth -ie. for the next x minutes I've been reborn as a priest & get x or whatever you choose.

Giles.
ChrisAndrews
QUOTE(giles @ Feb 4 2016, 08:36 PM) *
Well if you want something more interesting - tbh I wouldn't even bother with a path or mancer - from what I've seen of that character - multirace to an angel of Lazar - should be trivial to get mantic innates & empower weapon - but I'd go slightly more leftfield and be an angel of rebirth/metamorphosis - something like 'The Death of the Self' - and get innates of temp rebirth -ie. for the next x minutes I've been reborn as a priest & get x or whatever you choose.

Giles.

Swap multiclass and multirace slots - Only 1 multiclass but as many races as you want?
Abel
QUOTE(ChrisAndrews @ Feb 4 2016, 06:23 PM) *
Come on Leo, you know the rules.

Wait till tomorrow...

More helpfully I think Julian has quite a nice mancer thing for his Budoka/Wizard about getting a mantic weapon which he might be willing to share.

Me or Mr Wiffen?
ChrisAndrews
QUOTE(Abel @ Feb 4 2016, 09:11 PM) *
Me or Mr Wiffen?

Mr Wiffen, although you might have similar!
Abel
mines 9 day item stuff, tough to emulate
Leo
QUOTE(Abel @ Feb 4 2016, 10:16 PM) *
mines 9 day item stuff, tough to emulate

You need to apply for "nine day items: all my eight use items gain an extra use"
fatteacher
QUOTE(Leo @ Feb 4 2016, 11:09 PM) *
You need to apply for "nine day items: all my eight use items gain an extra use"

Earth power points app 'Bee-nine' ........... Oops, sorry, wrong thread wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.