Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combining Earthpower with other power types?
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
rynnor
Just looking at directions for a Druid to go in and wondered if Earthpower had been combined with Spirits or Mana before in any sensible ways or if these were chalk and cheese?

Elemental magics would seem to be a good overlap place for Druid/Wizard perhaps or can you just keep on going and expand Earthpower to get whole classes of new effects?

MattWest
I think after the rules are revamped (shortly) this might be out of the question?

However it has certainly been done.
whiteknight
I have Druid passed as a Path for my brown wizard but the power pools can never be combined or mixed.

Rich
oggrod
sure geomancer has been done by radox and maybe stumbler?

RJ
DanM
I've got bits and pieces as a Witch/8th Druid

End up having to buy mantics like a proper mancer
rynnor
Thanks all - I think I'll stay bracket locked Druid.

Presumably if I take disadvantages like 'can never multiclass outside of Druid' and 'can never gain mana or spirits or innates of miracles/spells' I can get some of the higher table druid abilities earlier?

In particular I'd want to get a 2nd chosen field early to offset the loss of extra spells from not multiclassing wiz/priest - would the best way to go about this be to put it all together in a multiclass?

ChrisAndrews
QUOTE(rynnor @ Nov 3 2015, 12:19 PM) *
Thanks all - I think I'll stay bracket locked Druid.

Presumably if I take disadvantages like 'can never multiclass outside of Druid' and 'can never gain mana or spirits or innates of miracles/spells' I can get some of the higher table druid abilities earlier?

In particular I'd want to get a 2nd chosen field early to offset the loss of extra spells from not multiclassing wiz/priest - would the best way to go about this be to put it all together in a multiclass?

I would hold off for the new druid book as the mechanic for chosen fields will be changing.

Chris
rynnor
QUOTE(ChrisAndrews @ Nov 3 2015, 12:24 PM) *
I would hold off for the new druid book as the mechanic for chosen fields will be changing.

Chris

Sounds like good advice - I shall wait to see what the new book brings smile.gif
Leo
Sooner or later I'm going to points app "Wood Elf Wood Wizard", as per druid but everything is magical and spells rather than EP and evocations, but I'm waiting for the annual druid revamp first.
Benson

I know Lee isn't keen with combining EP - but pathing brown wizard is fine etc is fine.

R
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.