Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yeomen & Multi-Racing
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
BBB
Just wondering, has anyone ever multi-raced despite the Yeoman restriction on such?

Am toying with starting one up and wondering if there was a way around that restriction.

(Odd as I pretty much virtually never bother with multi-races...)

BBB
cripple
I know there are Yeoman out there with multi races... so it has been possible in the past, but not sure on lees view on it.

Grant.

My Yeoman hasn't multi raced or bought pure humanity... but I do have an ability called "because im an idiot..."
ChrisAndrews
I've got Yeoman w/ multirace under Lee. Although it is a retcon of a character with an existing multirace rather than a character started as such.
Christine
I had a mrace as my Yeoman from Phil, with additional costing because of the restriction. But I got rid of it.

C
Ryan
Seems like an odd restriction to be able to get out of - if it's that easy why is it there at all?

Of interest to me as I have a yeoman
Christine
I think a better challenge would be to find a base class restriction someone hasn't broken with yellow paper. But its only Wednesday.
dnsmantra
I think the spirit of the restriction is that "yeoman are human". If you m/r is "I have a guardian angel" or "I'm a super human" or something like that, it probably still works/fits. If you become an interplanar space-mutant, probably less so. That's probably where the discretion of the GSM comes in.

Huw
DavidFisher
Ooh... I like it!
smile.gif

Friday challenge is up and running

My first thought was Menlis and "haughty" RP
Calibrim and makeup restriction (mainly because it is obscure and there are few calibrims)
Hedge and power reduction restriction (heard of it becoming worse not better...)

Just a few ideas to start with

David

QUOTE(Christine @ Jun 24 2015, 04:41 PM) *
I had a mrace as my Yeoman from Phil, with additional costing because of the restriction. But I got rid of it.

C

StuartEaston
QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Jun 24 2015, 05:31 PM) *
My first thought was Menlis and "haughty" RP

I think I've seen this broken a few times without any yellow paper ;-P

Stuart
BBB
QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Jun 24 2015, 05:31 PM) *
I think the spirit of the restriction is that "yeoman are human". If you m/r is "I have a guardian angel" or "I'm a super human" or something like that, it probably still works/fits. If you become an interplanar space-mutant, probably less so. That's probably where the discretion of the GSM comes in.

Huw

But Yeoman don't have to be human, I was thinking for a non-human Yeoman.

I was thinking Half Elf Yeoman probably going High Elf.

BBB
Jasper
I had multiracing passed by a previous gm. I haven't taken one, but I had it passed (fwiw it was only because I wanted one thing which The System decrees can only be gained by mutating into a different species but hey ho). I think trying to ascribe IC reasons to what is fairly clearly (imho) an OOC game balance thing is a bit of a dead end. Is there any reason why a yeoman shouldn't be a high elf rather than a half elf? No, not really. Assign a pts cost to getting round the restriction and move on if you ask me.

J
Leo
QUOTE(Jasper @ Jun 24 2015, 07:45 PM) *
Is there any reason why a yeoman shouldn't be a high elf rather than a half elf? No, not really. Assign a pts cost to getting round the restriction and move on if you ask me.

Because ideologically motivated paramilitary organizations tend to have, at best, quirky opinions on racial purity.
Jasper
QUOTE(Leo @ Jun 25 2015, 09:58 AM) *
Because ideologically motivated paramilitary organizations tend to have, at best, quirky opinions on racial purity.

smile.gif

J
BBB
QUOTE(Leo @ Jun 25 2015, 09:58 AM) *

(Wishes he had a jpeg of the Confederate Flag to hand...)

BBB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.