Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ice Mana Knight MR levels 7&8 ideas please
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
fatteacher
I have an ice based multi race but have never done this before. Can anyone give me some level 7&8 ideas please? At just over 3k I have only my MR and one MC.
The ice mana knight gains from 1-6:
MAC linked to MC armour worn. Mind block (brain freeze). See through snow & ice. One innate Blizzard per day - acts as a mist and glacier field that moves with me - worked well on the 4 day!
Not the cleverest MR but it was my first ever YP
Thanks for any help given
darkrule233
QUOTE(fatteacher @ Sep 17 2014, 08:26 PM) *
I have an ice based multi race but have never done this before. Can anyone give me some level 7&8 ideas please? At just over 3k I have only my MR and one MC.
The ice mana knight gains from 1-6:
MAC linked to MC armour worn. Mind block (brain freeze). See through snow & ice. One innate Blizzard per day - acts as a mist and glacier field that moves with me - worked well on the 4 day!
Not the cleverest MR but it was my first ever YP
Thanks for any help given

Most probably something along the lines of:
Immune to physical or spiritual damage/ last hit magic. would be very cool.
If not immune to, then have like 1/2 off all with a physical component.

I think immunity to physical damage is a must and it's probably appropriate with a Ice mana knight.

Callum
fatteacher
QUOTE(darkrule233 @ Sep 17 2014, 08:51 PM) *
Most probably something along the lines of:
Immune to physical or spiritual damage/ last hit magic. would be very cool.
If not immune to, then have like 1/2 off all with a physical component.

I think immunity to physical damage is a must and it's probably appropriate with a Ice mana knight.

Callum

Thanks Callum.
The 1/2 off or immunity to physical could link in to being icy, hard and slippery
Not much vitae left to play with anyway so if it does not work then rebirth will smack him in the face. Haven't had a character rebirth before so all good fun.
TheOG
OK.

The brainfreeze could be expanded to include immunity to emotional stuff, resistance to domination. You could apply for a feedback effect on any psi scan or similar due to your cold thought processes. Cannot berserk by choice or be forced to but cold rage ability off tables grants 33% damage reduction.

You are a "Knight". 'Ice Knight's lance.' Innates of Javelin of ice. Buy further innates post eighth.
"Full Tilt". make a Javelin of Ice line of sight, again further innates post eighth.

Ice. Abilities like Crystalline aura (White defensive aura - non published)

Mana. Handbook white Ice spells as innates cheaper. Unable to cast Light based? or higher cost.

Just off the top of my head

Cheers

mark
PaulM
Armour of Ice - ice covers body and can take 200 hits (50 fire based) whilst armour active gains rockskin damage reductions.

Obvious one is innates of Frostblade

Will think of a few more later wink.gif
fatteacher
Thanks guys. I have a MC by the same name that makes him a cold wizard / white warlock so Javelin of Ice is already available smile.gif
Never expected to get him this far so didn't focus on super hard but super cool instead.
I like the feedback effects idea for the brain freeze and resistance to emotion & domination fx
Defensive aura & 33% cold rages sound cheaper than 1/2 effect or better physical but I might be wrong.
Thanks again
john
Have a look at 1/2 off physical component stuff. go 1/4 then 1/2 (7, then 8), try for gruttuck life? last hit red fire mana?

Just some fun ideas

Matt B
fatteacher
QUOTE(john @ Sep 18 2014, 05:19 PM) *
Have a look at 1/2 off physical component stuff. go 1/4 then 1/2 (7, then 8), try for gruttuck life? last hit red fire mana?

Just some fun ideas

Matt B

Last hit red fire mana? Godric's a magnet for that stuff!
dnsmantra
Or just go for:

"I'm now so cold, that fire just cools to nothing when it hits me - from tables 1/2 fx fire is now totally immune to fire". Would fit in a 7th/8th.

Huw
fatteacher
QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Sep 19 2014, 12:41 AM) *
Or just go for:

"I'm now so cold, that fire just cools to nothing when it hits me - from tables 1/2 fx fire is now totally immune to fire". Would fit in a 7th/8th.

Huw

I'm don't think Lee would pass that as my MR states 'may never become totally immune to fire'
DavidFisher
Assume you already have total immunity to cold as per Winter Elf?

"may never have total immunity to fire" - consider instead innates of "Frozen" which grant immunity to one fire attack (or even 5 mins of attacks)

Your frosty hide could grant 1/3rd off all weapon damage

Your cold emotionless personality could make all published rages calm (50% calm rage is pretty good)

You could get a second blizzard innate if they seem to work well

Then exotic stuff like statue forms as you turn to a block of ice or a physucal earth meld as you separate into a cloud of ice and snow and disperse, an innate heart of ice (touch range woudl be cheaper) - obviously with the published upgrade.

Sound slike the L1-6 are fun so I would recommend trying to keep the rest in this vein

David
fatteacher
QUOTE(DavidFisher @ Sep 19 2014, 09:02 AM) *

"may never have total immunity to fire" - consider instead innates of "Frozen" which grant immunity to one fire attack (or even 5 mins of attacks)

Your frosty hide could grant 1/3rd off all weapon damage

Your cold emotionless personality could make all published rages calm (50% calm rage is pretty good)

You could get a second blizzard innate if they seem to work well

Then exotic stuff like statue forms as you turn to a block of ice or a physucal earth meld as you separate into a cloud of ice and snow and disperse, an innate heart of ice (touch range woudl be cheaper) - obviously with the published upgrade.

Sound slike the L1-6 are fun so I would recommend trying to keep the rest in this vein

David

I love your thinking! Yes I have total immunity to cold and like a fitting back story more than power playing. When I split my head open on the 4day we role played the incident as the character disappearing in a puff of snow! Thanks David!
Abel

With the restriction, must sing "Let it Go!"
dnsmantra

Ok. You now have to write all the abilities from L7 & L8 using names of songs or lyrics from Frozen.

Huw
Rob
Innate strength drains

Innate "all people who hit me lose 1 grade of strength while doing so"

I have both in my cold based warrior 7&8th

Immune to flesh and blood innates as you freeze yourself solid...
BennyB
QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Sep 19 2014, 10:34 AM) *
Ok. You now have to write all the abilities from L7 & L8 using names of songs or lyrics from Frozen.

Huw

"Do you want to build a snowman"
Ice / cold damage now restores as opposed to damages so that 1/6th the intended damage now heals (for system balance only works with non at will abilities).

"He's just a bit of a fix-a-upper"
Regen as half troll when in contact with an icey surface

"I don't care what they say"*
1/day may ignore a domination effect

"Let the storm rage on"*
Increases the percentage of a rage to the next step
25% -> 33% -> 50% -> 66%

"Frozen Heart"*
Inate heart of ice requires a blow to the chest

"Love is an open door"
Freezes the lock as unlock touch

"Reindeer's are better than people"
Gains neutrality to "normal" animals that live in icy / cold conditions

"Put me in Summer and I'll be a..."
Gets too hot and becomes a puddle as per earth meld in all ways but no verbal

I may have a three year old daughter and have listened to this a lot...

Ben
gormaden
awesome.
DanM
The cold never bothered me anyway
Respends as something else smile.gif

Keep that one in the back pocket for later
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.