Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9 points off all swords
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
Harrumph
Ok so i'm a first class duellist

I have contra mastery swords for 6 points off all swords

But duellists can only buy enhanced counter mastery

I'm assuming a one liner will allow purchase of enhanced contra

Do the audience think that a) this will be fixed in the new books?
cool.gif i should bracket lock myself to get it?
C) put in another downside to get it?

Thanks
Richard
duncanmatthias
QUOTE(Harrumph @ Aug 21 2014, 08:16 AM) *
Ok so i'm a first class duellist

I have contra mastery swords for 6 points off all swords

But duellists can only buy enhanced counter mastery

I'm assuming a one liner will allow purchase of enhanced contra

Do the audience think that a) this will be fixed in the new books?
cool.gif i should bracket lock myself to get it?
C) put in another downside to get it?

Thanks
Richard

You would hope a one liner, a restriction will make it cheaper.

I would have 6 points off maces and no-stikes after the four day wink.gif

Rgds

Duncan
StuartEaston
No need for a restriction I would think.

Stuart
RichardCraig
it is as they say a one liner..

TBH, I think that investing 6pts off maces is a better investment if your tight for points - lesser contra, contra to 6pts - roughly 100pts.

Harrumph
Can i just put 6pts off maces and it counts for all maces going down the lesser contra, lesser contra to 6pts route?

Thanks all
RichardCraig
I've found GSMs have an aversion to having 6pts of maces as well as 9pts off swords but to be honest some of the stupid stuff that gets passed these days you're probably fine to go for that.
Leo
As an aside; I wonder if there's any mileage in a flexible 3 point contra mastery that you can declare which weapon it's against at any time during the day, but it stays as that for the rest of the day.
After that, make it 6 points, then stick in an upgrade in to make it stackable with other counter masteries up to a max of 9 points.

It would probably work as the backbone of an "adaptive brawler" multiclass or similar.
Harrumph
QUOTE(Leo @ Aug 22 2014, 02:30 PM) *
As an aside; I wonder if there's any mileage in a flexible 3 point contra mastery that you can declare which weapon it's against at any time during the day, but it stays as that for the rest of the day.
After that, make it 6 points, then stick in an upgrade in to make it stackable with other counter masteries up to a max of 9 points.

It would probably work as the backbone of an "adaptive brawler" multiclass or similar.

After you've seen the monster kit you mean? Smiley face
Hulud
QUOTE(Harrumph @ Aug 22 2014, 07:51 PM) *
After you've seen the monster kit you mean? Smiley face

That would only be fair if the monsters made their weapon choices based on what they knew the party had....oh wait...

tongue.gif

StuartEaston
In fairness its fairly easy to get innates of 6pt contra mastery X weapon in a multiclass, or look at the battlemaster route for inspiration. Opponent Study and Blade fury, other than that when fighting someone with a mace/axe just fight defensively and don't get hit.

Stuart
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.