Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magical healing
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
daork
Hi I am planning on making a gold wizard and would ideally like to stay bracket pure not really sure on if I want to second colour or not but was just wondering how likely I am to get gold mana healing and if it would really be worth it in terms of what I would get being bracket pure vs just pathing to pure priest. Any advice is appreciated.

Dan
giles
If you want magic healing start an Elysian vivomancer and take Gold as your wizard colour - magical healing straight away.

Giles.
Mojo
What Giles said. Failing that pathed wizard / pure priest.
cripple
or be a jade wizard and apply for some non standard spells and see what you can get...
Rob
Under previous GSMs I have failed every attempt to get magical healing passed (except magical healing that cures magical temp life)

No idea of Lee's view yet though...
miles
Jade does not do healing that was decided when we 1st thought it up as a golden rule.

Miles
Mojo
I have tried various forms of this even heavily restricted such a elf only on an anti-dispell kind of vibe, but answer was basically no not a wizard thing. Go priest if I want healing / res.
DanM
Magic doesn't heal, that's what spirits do. That's the rule MCC used to live by
Strife
QUOTE(cripple @ Jun 29 2014, 08:28 PM) *
or be a jade wizard and apply for some non standard spells and see what you can get...

Had a few ideas along this line, but based on enhancing/creating potions with mana, as there is precedent for that. Vivomancer does seem like a better option in the long run though.
ChrisAndrews
QUOTE(Strife @ Jun 30 2014, 10:53 AM) *
Had a few ideas along this line, but based on enhancing/creating potions with mana, as there is precedent for that. Vivomancer does seem like a better option in the long run though.

There's the 2(?) mana green spell. I have had some good enhancements for the druidic version (cure 6/1, cure 9/9, cure 36/12 and similar)

Chris
Kail
Magic healing is now out there. I don't think it should be though.

Edd
gormaden
or maybe limit magical healing to just elves and mana based creatures - because that's what you are essentially after right?
Hampton
In the same vain as a priest why would magical races/creatures not have those within there ranks who can heal there own kind???

I for one dont see a problem in there being a magical healer in the system maybe it could be added in one of the new updates

something like

pattern weaver

must be purely magical creature / elf / drave etc.
cannot cast offensive spells
cant heal anyone who is not a magical creature
1/2 elves take half effect

Cure Wound 5 mp
Cure Serious Wound 8mp
Heal 12mp
Total heal 15MP
Restore Life 20MP

Leo
Magic and spirits do different things, and that's a good thing. It would be a tedious game if more classes could do the same things.
Stuart
I'd instead think of using gold magic as providing temp life to soak damage, rather than healing it. It could be pretty effective like that.

Stuart
cripple
QUOTE(Stuart @ Jul 1 2014, 02:24 PM) *
I'd instead think of using gold magic as providing temp life to soak damage, rather than healing it. It could be pretty effective like that.

Stuart

Isn't ivory for that? Ohh right you'd have to be an ivory wizard then... never mind.
Stuart
QUOTE(cripple @ Jul 1 2014, 02:42 PM) *
Isn't ivory for that? Ohh right you'd have to be an ivory wizard then... never mind.

Gold gets endurance, and seems to make sense to me as being a 'damage absorption' colour.

Stuart
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.