Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aura Dispel 2
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
Cildan
Would a permant aura of dispel 2 around a character be too powerful, or would it negate that character's low level spells?
Sizel
QUOTE(Cildan @ Apr 8 2014, 03:55 PM) *
Would a permant aura of dispel 2 around a character be too powerful, or would it negate that character's low level spells?

Depends how you write it...
Reckon you could easily do a Passive Dispel 2 that recharges 5 mins after use. Not as good, but still useful.
Or a 5 min duration Passive Dispel 2 that doesn't get knocked down when it gets used.

Perm + not going down is probrably a bit too good, but may be possible for the right character.
_
Pete
MattWest
Could be impractical. Especially if you could never be magically Mark Allied...
Ryan
Mark Ally can't be dispelled...

I think a perm passive dispel 2 which recharges every 30 seconds after use is cool
Cildan
So do I, but would it stop me from casting various weapon destruction spells or rope trick and similar?
dnsmantra
Not if it's passive. It would only target incoming spells, not spells you cast.

Huw
isbiraven
i like the idea.. would work well for a grey wiz to have smile.gif

T.
MattWest
QUOTE(Ryan @ Apr 8 2014, 05:56 PM) *
Mark Ally can't be dispelled...

Even passively... ?
Jasper
Mark Ally can't be dispelled. Says so right there in the spell description.

J
Cildan
QUOTE(isbiraven @ Apr 8 2014, 06:31 PM) *
i like the idea.. would work well for a grey wiz to have smile.gif

T.

That is why I came up with the idea for my grey wiz
TheFury
Then you walk into a party of elves?
BBB
I have it passed as a spell* for Anath, although never got round to buying it.

*Possibly its a post 6th Disenchanter spell, would need to dig out the app.

BBB
Leo
If it's a passive dispel that only affects yourself and not your equipment or things you touch, then there's not much it would affect. Pain and trip are the main two that come to mind, but it also means you couldn't benefit some of the handy "cheap but keeps you alive" stuff, jump, snowflake, stone-skin, affirms or shield for example.
I reckon a permanent passive dispel 2 that can't be removed and reappears instantly is hindrance enough for it to be available with good justification, having it go down for a time between uses could occasionally be used to your advantage.

If you were asking about an aura of "ordinary dispel 2 on everything I touch" then you could get an upgrade to make touch range dispels require no verbal and the arcanum upgrade to make touch range dispels cost 1 mana less, then from the ability to cast dispel 2 with no verbal for 1 mana with a touch, apply for it to now cost 4tblp rather than the 1 mana, and to be free once per 5 minutes. I'm a big fan of breaking tough abilities down into complex chains.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.