Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wyrm kin ?
Labyrinthe Forum > Young Player Forums > Young Player OOC Discussions
ThatRandomGuy
greetings and salutations, i was wondering what wyrm kin are as i was looking at the fourms and i say them mentioned. i looked through the realm of glass, dominion of the circle, the oraculum insight and the ishma book ( i can't remember the name) and i couldn't find it anywhere. my only guess is that they are an old name for crol or that i am just very bad at finding things in books. could you please tell me what they might possibly be.

thanks
TimDallen
In one of the old almanacs.
can't remember which one but they're all available in the downloads area.

Tim

QUOTE(ThatRandomGuy @ Feb 3 2014, 06:53 PM) *
greetings and salutations, i was wondering what wyrm kin are as i was looking at the fourms and i say them mentioned. i looked through the realm of glass, dominion of the circle, the oraculum insight and the ishma book ( i can't remember the name) and i couldn't find it anywhere. my only guess is that they are an old name for crol or that i am just very bad at finding things in books. could you please tell me what they might possibly be.

thanks

darkrule233
QUOTE(ThatRandomGuy @ Feb 3 2014, 06:53 PM) *

thanks

In one of the versions of the almanac there is a whole section on it.
The basics of it are that they're as per Labyrinthian humans however they gain benefits and restrictions. All of which can be found in the Almanac.
Callum

(Posted this Just after Tim, sorry if it jsut repeats what he's said :S )
Gordon
You want Almanc Issue 4 June 2011 - available from the downloads section.
Mart07
See below -

M

The Wyrm Kin

Born years ago these creatures are descended from potent Dragons. Some say they may even be children of the mana dragons themselves but this seems unlikely. They are vaguely human in appearance, with scales rather than skin. As they age some grow wings or even a tail, and it is not uncommon for them to grow claws or the like with time.

While this has not always been the case they are, at present, a noble people sworn to protect Legend. With the upheaval and changes over the past few years in Legend something seems to have stirred within their hatcheries. Many of the older Kin have died, or can no longer be found. The younger seem to have all been touched by the presence of the Virtues within Legend and tend to follow the path of light.

There are six distinct types of Wyrm Kin.

The White Wyrms
These creatures have white skin and tend to live within the City of Haven. Their numbers tend to follow one of two paths, either joining the Haven guard or heading out into Legend to seek out Evil and protect the people from the dangers that lurk in the darkness.

The Red Wyrms
These creatures strangely seem to live on an Island off the Coast of Legend. No one is sure how it is they came to live there, or indeed what happened to the rest of their kind. All of the Red Wyrmkin recently hatched (within the last 3 years) but have grown rapidly and developed at an unnatural rate. They are by their nature predisposed to fire, but this has been tempered by a concern for the people not often seen in their kind.

The Blue Wyrms
These noble creatures have sworn oaths to guard the ways, and to ensure they remain safe for travellers. The monitor those travelling them to ensure they are not seeking to use them to bring harm to Legend or its people. They are fierce warriors, and often when engaged in combat will not back down even if it means death. People often speak of them purging entire groups from the ways by slowly walking forward unleashing a potent breath of lightning against their enemies.

The Brown Wyrms
Living deep in tunnels beneath the surface of Legend these souls are rarely seen by others. Those that are tend to be stoic and sombre. They speak of a great duty being placed on their people, but cannot remember what it was, or if it has been performed, they just know they must be ready to perform it when the time is needed.

The Green Wyrms
These creatures live in the caves off the coasts of legend. They spend much of their time diving through the waters, protecting the ships that sail along the coast. It is not uncommon to see them moving along coastal territories or even further in land. Unlike most of their kind the Green Wyrm kin seem to be caught up in the future, perhaps the Seas of legend offering some insight other do not know. Or maybe the pull of the moon on the seas is strong and they are touched by its power?

The Black Wyrms
An oddity within the kin of magic. The Black Wyrmkin live within haven, though are small in number. Almost all of their kind are in the service of Imrazil or the Virtues. They are very pious creatures, and believe they have much to atone for because of their peoples actions in the past. They number against the bravest of the Wyrmkin, and often strive out across Legend to hunt down the hidden dangers of the years gone by to vanquish them.

LRP Stats:
It is possible to play Wyrm Kin from the last hatching, these can be started like any other character. They are as humans except for the following:
1) Must have draconic/scale like makeup. The colour should be appropriate to their colour
2) They are limited in the classes they can be, which are: Wizard (Of the same colour as their Draconic nature), Warlock (again the same colour), Warrior, Cavalier, Power Warrior of the Jewel, Spirit Warrior (of the virtues faith only at this time), Paladin (again only of the Virtues at this time).
3) They may be goodly in alignment, at this time. However Black Wyrm Kin can still be wizards, but they loose access to all black spells relating to poison.
4) May buy Elven innates as a half elf of their draconic colour, +50% cost (they gain no other half elven buy as).
5) Must pay double cost for all armour as it must be specifically made for them.
6) Intermediate and advance guild tiers count as being 1 table higher (EG 4 for intermediated and 9 for advance) and cost 75pts for intermediate and 100pts for advanced.
7) They are not from Primus, their home plane is Legend, should this be relevant ever.
ThatRandomGuy
QUOTE(Mart07 @ Feb 4 2014, 09:50 AM) *
See below -
M
The Wyrm Kin

Born years ago these creatures are descended from potent Dragons. Some say they may even be children of the mana dragons themselves but this seems unlikely. They are vaguely human in appearance, with scales rather than skin. As they age some grow wings or even a tail, and it is not uncommon for them to grow claws or the like with time.

While this has not always been the case they are, at present, a noble people sworn to protect Legend. With the upheaval and changes over the past few years in Legend something seems to have stirred within their hatcheries. Many of the older Kin have died, or can no longer be found. The younger seem to have all been touched by the presence of the Virtues within Legend and tend to follow the path of light.

There are six distinct types of Wyrm Kin.

The White Wyrms
These creatures have white skin and tend to live within the City of Haven. Their numbers tend to follow one of two paths, either joining the Haven guard or heading out into Legend to seek out Evil and protect the people from the dangers that lurk in the darkness.

The Red Wyrms
These creatures strangely seem to live on an Island off the Coast of Legend. No one is sure how it is they came to live there, or indeed what happened to the rest of their kind. All of the Red Wyrmkin recently hatched (within the last 3 years) but have grown rapidly and developed at an unnatural rate. They are by their nature predisposed to fire, but this has been tempered by a concern for the people not often seen in their kind.

The Blue Wyrms
These noble creatures have sworn oaths to guard the ways, and to ensure they remain safe for travellers. The monitor those travelling them to ensure they are not seeking to use them to bring harm to Legend or its people. They are fierce warriors, and often when engaged in combat will not back down even if it means death. People often speak of them purging entire groups from the ways by slowly walking forward unleashing a potent breath of lightning against their enemies.

The Brown Wyrms
Living deep in tunnels beneath the surface of Legend these souls are rarely seen by others. Those that are tend to be stoic and sombre. They speak of a great duty being placed on their people, but cannot remember what it was, or if it has been performed, they just know they must be ready to perform it when the time is needed.

The Green Wyrms
These creatures live in the caves off the coasts of legend. They spend much of their time diving through the waters, protecting the ships that sail along the coast. It is not uncommon to see them moving along coastal territories or even further in land. Unlike most of their kind the Green Wyrm kin seem to be caught up in the future, perhaps the Seas of legend offering some insight other do not know. Or maybe the pull of the moon on the seas is strong and they are touched by its power?

The Black Wyrms
An oddity within the kin of magic. The Black Wyrmkin live within haven, though are small in number. Almost all of their kind are in the service of Imrazil or the Virtues. They are very pious creatures, and believe they have much to atone for because of their peoples actions in the past. They number against the bravest of the Wyrmkin, and often strive out across Legend to hunt down the hidden dangers of the years gone by to vanquish them.

LRP Stats:
It is possible to play Wyrm Kin from the last hatching, these can be started like any other character. They are as humans except for the following:
1) Must have draconic/scale like makeup. The colour should be appropriate to their colour
2) They are limited in the classes they can be, which are: Wizard (Of the same colour as their Draconic nature), Warlock (again the same colour), Warrior, Cavalier, Power Warrior of the Jewel, Spirit Warrior (of the virtues faith only at this time), Paladin (again only of the Virtues at this time).
3) They may be goodly in alignment, at this time. However Black Wyrm Kin can still be wizards, but they loose access to all black spells relating to poison.
4) May buy Elven innates as a half elf of their draconic colour, +50% cost (they gain no other half elven buy as).
5) Must pay double cost for all armour as it must be specifically made for them.
6) Intermediate and advance guild tiers count as being 1 table higher (EG 4 for intermediated and 9 for advance) and cost 75pts for intermediate and 100pts for advanced.
7) They are not from Primus, their home plane is Legend, should this be relevant ever.

thanks for posting this all up, i am wondering though if they can still be spirit warriors.
darkrule233
QUOTE(ThatRandomGuy @ Feb 4 2014, 04:32 PM) *
thanks for posting this all up, i am wondering though if they can still be spirit warriors.

That was a little while ago now, so probably something you want to get checked.
Callum
Mart07
Nothing has changed as far as I know. They need to be sp warriors or paladins of one of the virtues of imrazil. Can pm you info if you want.

M
Kezarius
Hi, was talking with a friend yesterday about my plans for my red power master, how I was thinking of Primal Soul Drake or something post 8th. He told me about Wyrmkin, so I looked it up and thought it'd be perfect for my power master, any chance of this? Not sure when power masters were introduced into the rulebook. He's 7th level right now, and I was considering a yellow paper base race change as I didn't know Wyrmkin existed when I started him.

Kieran
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.