Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ki Strike uses
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Yellow Paper
Rolenn
All,

I was thinking of YS for my Kensai when I was remembered the cut-down/strike-down ability that Julian told me about, where a bolt can be cut out of the air using a Ki strike innate, I was thinking have Ki strikes been used to reflect the bolt back at the caster possibly with the prerequisite of 'Flat of the Blade' dealing the same or less damage.

Let me know what you think,

Dom
Abel
It's "possible", but I was told it was one of those things that, "got passed with prievous GSM's, but is unlikely to be passed again" but it's always worth a shot eh?
gormaden
aka - RYU bolts?
Kafira
QUOTE(Abel @ Jan 31 2014, 08:08 AM) *
It's "possible", but I was told it was one of those things that, "got passed with prievous GSM's, but is unlikely to be passed again" but it's always worth a shot eh?

Don't see why it shouldn't be passed personally. An innate that gives you a reflect bolt effect seems pretty reasonable to me. Just have to figure out what prereqs/cost/table its ok to have it on. Maybe not be as easy to get as it used to be, but it's hardly overpowered.
Abel
QUOTE(Kafira @ Jan 31 2014, 12:51 PM) *
Don't see why it shouldn't be passed personally. An innate that gives you a reflect bolt effect seems pretty reasonable to me. Just have to figure out what prereqs/cost/table its ok too have it on. Maybe not be as easy to get as it used to be, but it's hardly overpowered.

Power creep. Stuff that was deemed to over powered for pure warriors to have, now just doesn't get passed, not saying it hasn't been passed, I was standing next to someone who had it as we were fighting of disruption wielding monsters. Felt a little upstaged, but the fight was cool smile.gif

Their are many thing you can/should do with Ki strike, first of all:
  • cut each Ki strike into: From 5 min ki strike now gets, 3 x 1 mins Ki strikes each. (just beware you can no longer Tempo them)
  • Each ki strike can be used to cut down a targeted spell/miracle, etc
  • combine X Ki strikes to deal Mantic dmg
There are tonnes more, but these are off the top of my head
isbiraven
Surely it would all be post "Master at arms"???

T.
Mojo
Note quite the same, but same but my spell reflect variants were all post disenchanter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.