Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Damage reductions
Labyrinthe Forum > Young Player Forums > Young Player OOC Discussions
daork
Would flat damage reductions vs the same type of weapon stack? eg. if I had distancing combat and enhanced weapon mastery shield would the damage reductions stack to grant 15pts off unarmed combat or would you take the highest so it would only grant 9pts off

Dan
TimDallen
Damage reductions don't stack unless they specifically say they do.
Hence you can apply AC, A numerical (such as below), A percentile and A fractional.

So you'd take the best of distancing and enhanced shield mastery rather than both.

Tim

QUOTE(daork @ Dec 31 2013, 05:42 PM) *
Would flat damage reductions vs the same type of weapon stack? eg. if I had distancing combat and enhanced weapon mastery shield would the damage reductions stack to grant 15pts off unarmed combat or would you take the highest so it would only grant 9pts off

Dan

darkrule233
QUOTE(TimDallen @ Dec 31 2013, 05:45 PM) *
Damage reductions don't stack unless they specifically say they do.
Hence you can apply AC, A numerical (such as below), A percentile and A fractional.

So you'd take the best of distancing and enhanced shield mastery rather than both.

Tim

What is the order when it comes to damage reductions? e.g. AC, then percentage etc. just so that in the future I know.
Thanks in advance.
Callum
Naga
QUOTE(darkrule233 @ Dec 31 2013, 06:15 PM) *
What is the order when it comes to damage reductions? e.g. AC, then percentage etc. just so that in the future I know.
Thanks in advance.
Callum

AC
Numerical
Fractional
Percentile

ProfFoxskull
Wait, so can any of these things result in 0 damage without immunity to bruising, or does it just do 1 point all the time, e.g.
if i got hit with a single and had 6 ac, 6 point reduction, 2/3 reduction and 99% reduction (unlikely I know), what would happen?
Ryan
You always take a point of bruising (only the rare few are immune to more than Double using their immune to bruising) and the numbers always round against you so...

24pt Quad from a broad sword
>>
AC12 = 12pts off so 12 damage left
>>
Counter mastery broad sword = 6pts off so 6 damge left
>>
25% Rage = 1.5 off of the last 6 = 4.5 damage left (Round up to 5 damage)

So in the case of your 99% example it always leaves 1 damage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.