Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xmas drinks - 22/12/12
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Event Notices
Flanners
Dear all.

It’s that time of year and Richard Craig has gone awol so I’m taking the opportunity to organise the Annual Cavey Xmas Boozing, if only to see what kind of shenanigans happen this time!

This year it’ll be on Saturday 22nd December at the Rambler’s Rest pub from 3.30pm. Husbands, wives, girlfriends and boyfriends (even if they’re not yours) are more than welcome.

For those who do fancy a quick role play fix beforehand, I’m reffing a themed 8th level +75 points single length from about 11am-2.30pm on the day as well.

See you all then if not before,

Steve
Archevol
QUOTE(Flanners @ Dec 5 2012, 03:09 PM) *
Dear all.

It’s that time of year and Richard Craig has gone awol so I’m taking the opportunity to organise the Annual Cavey Xmas Boozing, if only to see what kind of shenanigans happen this time!

This year it’ll be on Saturday 22nd December at the Rambler’s Rest pub from 3.30pm. Husbands, wives, girlfriends and boyfriends (even if they’re not yours) are more than welcome.
For those who do fancy a quick role play fix beforehand, I’m reffing a themed 8th level +75 points single length from about 11am-2.30pm on the day as well.

See you all then if not before,

Steve

Booked!
Ryan
I'll come down and hit some people for you Flanners
RichardCraig
I'm free!
Meganerd
QUOTE(RichardCraig @ Dec 5 2012, 05:38 PM) *
I'm free!

Hope to be down in the eve for this.

Ed
Fenris
QUOTE(Flanners @ Dec 5 2012, 03:09 PM) *

Dude - it's going to be pretty cold that day - can't you just ref it inside the Ramblers, instead of the carpark like you were planning?
Dave
Have booked on!

Whats the gen with this? Do we start at 8 and 75 points? Without needing to ref point etc?

Dave
Flanners
If you have a character in the points range, play that, If you don't, we'll sort something out (still to be arranged with Phil.)

Cheers,
Steve
gormaden
with permission - going as my orc warrior/ tribal barbarian warrior 0pts - 45 pts
whiteknight
QUOTE(gormaden @ Dec 10 2012, 06:50 PM) *
with permission - going as my orc warrior/ tribal barbarian warrior 0pts - 45 pts

Permission from who though!

Wish I could come to this and the drinks but on the way things are at home I am more likely to be given a knighthood!

Rich
Hulud
booked on, although this is listed as a 250 so was planning on playing 210 or so points of Assassin Pathfinder...
Archevol
QUOTE(Hulud @ Dec 11 2012, 03:32 PM) *
booked on, although this is listed as a 250 so was planning on playing 210 or so points of Assassin Pathfinder...

...was planning on playing 210 or so points of Assassin Pathfinder "Morally upstanding citizen".
Archevol
QUOTE(Archevol @ Dec 11 2012, 03:58 PM) *
...was planning on playing 210 or so points of Assassin Pathfinder "Morally upstanding citizen".

We're currently almost outnumbered by ref/a-ref/monsters....
Hulud
we are in point of fact now outnumbered!

If it comes to it i might go halves with someone to purchase a 6th spot if thats what it takes to go ahead.

Any update on what the theme of this is likely to be?

and finally, can we get confirmation on the points for this one as at the top Mr Flanners is saying 75pp but on the bookings section its saying 250pp?

very much looking forward to this and have pretty much managed to get the wife to come to the pub after...
Ryan
I can play if required - currently booked to monster
Flanners
Hi guys,

It's a max 75 points. Got some great monsters booked (Rich Craig, Ed Halligan, Ryan, Benson.)

People can play whatever they like, but i have permission from Phil to provide a 'special' character at 8th level as part of this festive season of goodwill should you wish 'something different'! If you'd rather take the latter option, PM me what class you'd like to be and i'll provide the rest on the day.

There won't be a brief until the morning.

Cheers,
Steve

iainwimble
QUOTE(Flanners @ Dec 18 2012, 07:19 PM) *
Hi guys,

It's a max 75 points. Got some great monsters booked (Rich Craig, Ed Halligan, Ryan, Benson.)

People can play whatever they like, but i have permission from Phil to provide a 'special' character at 8th level as part of this festive season of goodwill should you wish 'something different'! If you'd rather take the latter option, PM me what class you'd like to be and i'll provide the rest on the day.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve ill have one of these special character if that is ok as long as it is not goodly.

Ian
gormaden
Was going to play my barbarian warrior... But now got me thinking.... I do need some inspiration however... There's too many full stops in this post.... Something Xmas and dickensian
Scrooge like character maybe...
What's everyone else planning?
Archevol
QUOTE(gormaden @ Dec 18 2012, 11:18 PM) *
Was going to play my barbarian warrior... But now got me thinking.... I do need some inspiration however... There's too many full stops in this post.... Something Xmas and dickensian
Scrooge like character maybe...
What's everyone else planning?

Looks like I'll be playing a goblin postie!
Hulud
I'm utterly clueless now....

I may just play something standard warrior-wise if i can get my shield up and running but otherwise i really don't know....any ideas greatly appreciated!
Archevol
QUOTE(Hulud @ Dec 19 2012, 12:39 PM) *
I'm utterly clueless now....

I may just play something standard warrior-wise if i can get my shield up and running but otherwise i really don't know....any ideas greatly appreciated!

Christmas elf! Maybe a red/green dual colour elfy type! Polished glory!
gormaden
will we have to rescue "Patriarch Midwinter"?

will we have to recover the stolen presents from the meanie wossit and deliver them to the children ourselves cause we accidently killed the elves on the way to rescue him?

will we need lots of cold resistance potions to defeat jackie frost (winter elemental)?
tongue.gif
DanM
QUOTE(gormaden @ Dec 19 2012, 02:41 PM) *
will we have to rescue "Patriarch Midwinter"?

will we have to recover the stolen presents from the meanie wossit and deliver them to the children ourselves cause we accidently killed the elves on the way to rescue him?

will we need lots of cold resistance potions to defeat jackie frost (winter elemental)?
tongue.gif

You joke, but I've been involved (either playing or monstering) the first two (cringe)
JulianW
QUOTE(gormaden @ Dec 19 2012, 02:41 PM) *
and deliver them to the children ourselves cause we accidently killed the elves on the way to rescue him?

They were just spells apparently.

Julian
Mart07
Something different please Flanners - happy to be surprised! (though not a healing priest please!, or a Goblin!)

Cheers,

Mart

QUOTE(Flanners @ Dec 18 2012, 07:19 PM) *
Hi guys,

Cheers,
Steve

Dave
Booked and PM sent.

HO HO HO

D
boglit
Booked and PM sent

Chris
Ryan
Blimey it's now 11 Versus 4 exciting!

It's of course all very secondary to the black sambuca's after!
gormaden
Mr Flanners- your inbox is full so posting here.

"Class - dont really mind.
something scouty or a power master of cold air (blue/white) combo /winter/snow.

No warriors (got 4) but flexible on a monk or power master as above
Not an elf mage (got a 1/2 air one already)
No priest (got 2)"

Dave
Just wondering if can find out tomorrow, so can sort costume and stuff?

Not sure if got PM

Preferably something fairy or light elf!

Wind dancer would be good if your allowed to mix and match race/class

Dave

Black sambuc a.... Nah, yager bombs Thanka
draco
Inbox still full, I am booked and intend to play a monk.

The way flanners described it to me yesterday (before i killed him) was that we all just started a standard character at 8th + 75 and that during the day our races would change and we would end up with something fruity smile.gif

It may have changed and i will most likely end up horrificly murdered in retaliation but oh well. that is life

James
RobDonnison
I'm leaning towards playing a pure dead heros priest of the goodly variety atm.
Archevol
QUOTE(draco @ Dec 20 2012, 02:17 PM) *
Inbox still full, I am booked and intend to play a monk.

The way flanners described it to me yesterday (before i killed him) was that we all just started a standard character at 8th + 75 and that during the day our races would change and we would end up with something fruity smile.gif

It may have changed and i will most likely end up horrificly murdered in retaliation but oh well. that is life

James

I REALLY like this idea.
iainwimble
Well i got the below ideas:

Black/White Wizard (only cast light and darkness based spells).
Evil Hermit Priest.

Iain

P.s if i fall asleep though the day i will blame Ryan Kelly for saying man up as im playing this game right after i finish a night shift.
Ryan
QUOTE(iainwimble @ Dec 20 2012, 06:36 PM) *
Well i got the below ideas:

Black/White Wizard (only cast light and darkness based spells).
Evil Hermit Priest.

Iain

P.s if i fall asleep though the day i will blame Ryan Kelly for saying man up as im playing this game right after i finish a night shift.

+10 man points
Hulud
well im almost definitely going to play a sword and board warrior but would definitely be up for something fruity happening on the journey...although I may have a quick look at some of the other races before finally deciding.

looking forward to this.
draco
QUOTE(Ryan @ Dec 21 2012, 01:05 AM) *
+10 man points

-10 for moaning
Benson
I've read the dungeon and it's very cool and Flanners has clearly put in lots of effort.

You can either play an existing character upto 250 points or start a standard 8th 75pts character that may end up with slight funk depending on your actions - it's all quite obvious.

Enjoy.

R
Hulud
QUOTE(Benson @ Dec 21 2012, 10:25 AM) *
I've read the dungeon and it's very cool and Flanners has clearly put in lots of effort.

You can either play an existing character upto 250 points or start a standard 8th 75pts character that may end up with slight funk depending on your actions - it's all quite obvious.
Enjoy.

R

Okay, now im thoroughly confused....can someone clarify this definitively as Ive asked about the 250pts thing before and there was no answer apart from further talk about playing an 8th +75.....

I need to know for definite because if im playing a warrior im bringing whole different kit than if im playing my 207 pt assassin....
draco
QUOTE(Hulud @ Dec 21 2012, 10:32 AM) *
Okay, now im thoroughly confused....can someone clarify this definitively as Ive asked about the 250pts thing before and there was no answer apart from further talk about playing an 8th +75.....

I need to know for definite because if im playing a warrior im bringing whole different kit than if im playing my 207 pt assassin....

Considering the monster crew. bring kit for both is my advice.

You can play your assassin if he is under 250 points. or you can play with the cool kids and maybe get something funky

James
Flanners
It's a max 75 as i AND Jo have previously said. I know it says 250 in the event diary...this is a mistake.If you don't have a character in the bracket, i'll provide you with one at 8th level (only). No monster points may be added on to this character as there is no card. Choose a class and battleboard yourself.

See you all tomorrow,
Steve
Benson
Ooops ;0)

R

QUOTE(Flanners @ Dec 21 2012, 10:43 AM) *
It's a max 75 as i AND Jo have previously said. I know it says 250 in the event diary...this is a mistake.If you don't have a character in the bracket, i'll provide you with one at 8th level (only). No monster points may be added on to this character as there is no card. Choose a class and battleboard yourself.

See you all tomorrow,
Steve

Dave
No race as of it?? smile.gif forgive me poor mind!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.