Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This coming weekend
Labyrinthe Forum > General Discussion - OOC > Event Notices
JEB
Hello all,

This weekend at the caves is looking very sparce for players.

I have a feeling that Young Players may well end up being cancelled along with the Max 250 and the Max 750 on Saturday. Can the 2 people booked on to the Max 250 become guest slots on the 'Tucks and Raiders' Guild Special??????

Then on Sunday there aren't enough players for even one event to go ahead - this is mainly due to Curious Pastimes and Myths. Rich Fromant is happy to run something for those that want to play on Sunday, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Max 4k. Ideally an unbalanced something would be good as we have a new player booked on to the pre-8th. So what would people like to play on Sunday?????

Please feel free to bat some ideas around eachother and post here if you have any preferences on the weekend events.

Cheers

Admin Chick.
BBB
At the risk of putting a spanner in the works, the Orcs are going to be a pretty evil viscious "kill anyone who isn't part of the tribe*" bunch and have turned down all previous requests by peopling wanting to play "guests".

Seems only fair to mention that at the outset,

Ian

*And possibly some people who are part of the tribe...
fingolfia
I'd be keen to play something unbalanced on the Sunday as my rogue (700pts)
darkrule233
hi all,
if young players isn't running on saturday,
i'd be more than happy to come down and help in some way or another,
as lets face it, labyrinthe is the only thing that stopped me from getting bored this holiday.
thanks
c.k
(email:callumkenney@o2.co.uk)
It' here if you need it smile.gif

Onasuma
I could be tempted to play on sunday if something unbalanced showed up.

Peter Long
MattWest
Have just seen this thread after posting similar in the LFG subforum.

Tucks and Raiders is now down to two players so if they are really intent on being exclusive to outsiders maybe it won't work as a Tucks and Raiders themed special... but maybe it would now just be two orcs turning up to join an open dungeon?

PS happy to play anything from a 500 to a 1k, but if it's a 1k, ideally unbalanced... currently booked to monster T & R...
BBB
Its just a really bad weekend for bookings: Myths, The Gathering and I think someone said Aftermath has basically diverted people away from the caves.

Its pretty sad though as we did have a full Monster Crew!

Ian
gormaden
QUOTE(BBB @ Aug 22 2012, 12:07 PM) *
Its just a really bad weekend for bookings: Myths, The Gathering and I think someone said Aftermath has basically diverted people awy.

Its pretty sad though as we did have a full Monster Crew!

Ian

This.. there was 6 last night and Im sure we could off made a go off it.
On a positive note, if the 250 or 750 goes ahead, im happy to book on as the Battle Priest or newly 8th orc warrior.
RichFromant
As Jo says I'm happy to ref anything on any level on Sunday, or infact play if there is someone else out there wanting to ref?

Tempted to say an unbalanced max 1k for Sunday might be the best option if anyone else is interested in playing?
Onasuma
I can play my hermit priest again if it drops to a 1k - plan was my monk, but hes 2 and a half grand.

Peter Long
MattWest
QUOTE(RichFromant @ Aug 22 2012, 12:31 PM) *
Tempted to say an unbalanced max 1k for Sunday might be the best option if anyone else is interested in playing?

I have made other plans for Sunday now... not sure if they can be shifted. [Edited:- working on this now... will see what the possibilities are.]

Unbalanced 1k looks like the best plan... but can it be Saturday?

If it has to be Sunday I will see what I can do, but no promises.

PS any chance Jo will get our items done from last weekend in time for Saturday/Sunday? :-)
MattWest
Here's the thing, on the Saturday we already have 1 player and 5 crew booked for T&R, and 2 players & 2 crew booked for the 250.

Of the T&R crew, two are me and Pete Long, and of the 250 crew, one is Steph. All three of us seem to have expressed a willingness to play this weekend.

So with me, Steph, Pete Long and the 3 people already booked to play on the Saturday, we would have 6 players and 4 crew.

If one more of the crew were willing to play instead of crewing we would have 7 players and 3 crew which whilst not necessarily ideal is basically a viable dungeon... then we might be able to recruit a couple of people who were going to do something on the Sunday or who haven't booked yet, and we'd be up and running again?

Maybe BBB could ref if Rich can't?

Special incentive:- I will be on my best behaviour!!!
RichFromant
I can't do saturday as i'm off out playing with diggers smile.gif

I'm only free sunday, hence my post only mentioned sundays dungeon.
Onasuma
Ive got no chance of being able to afford playing both days, though I am happy to crew.

Peter Long
MattWest
QUOTE(Onasuma @ Aug 22 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Ive got no chance of being able to afford playing both days, though I am happy to crew.

Peter Long

What I'm driving at is that it's a struggle to get anything viable on either day... so I think it's a case of one or the other not both...

... but if the Powers that Be can make a decision today about what to do then if something runs on Sunday instead of Saturday (Max 500 to Max 1k) I will try to swap my Sunday appointment to Saturday ... obviously if it runs on Saturday, easier for me, but not for Rich. I can't do both.

I am equally happy to play or crew.
JEB
As long as something between players crew etc can be cooked up we are happy to go along with whatever tbh. I just need to know who I am moving where, whos' refffing, crewing and playing. Hell, even Phil or I could count as player for either day, we just need to know what is viable for everyone.

Admin.
MattWest
Questions for anyone interested... for an unbalanced unthemed open Max 1k this weekend are you happy to...

(1) play just Saturday?
(2) play just Sunday?
(3) crew just Saturday?
(4) crew just Sunday?
(5) play one day and crew the other?
(6) play both days?
(7) crew both days?

For me the answers are:-

(1) yes
(2) iffy
(3) yes
(4) iffy
(5) sorry no
(6) sorry no
(7) sorry no

If a few people just answer those 7 simple questions [I know, I always make life simple...] the Admin should be able to get home on this one... by taking it as read that people booked to crew on a particular day can be moved to monster any dungeon that day as the Admin see fit if they aren't willing to pay to play...

Sorry if this is overdoing it...
JEB
Right in a bid to make something work this weekend I have:

Booked an unbalanced 1k on Saturday - with a view that most are well under the threshold.

Booked an unbalanced 1500 on Sunday with a view that most are way way under the threshold.

This gives us a full crew on saturday with currently 4 players on Saturday and 4 players and a ref and 1 monster on Sunday.

If those that want to play something can book on asap, not being too far above the thresholds then all will be well and something can run and peeps can play. I will review it tomorrow morning and make a judgement as to what runs and what doesn't.

Ta.

Admin Chick.
gormaden
QUOTE(MattWest @ Aug 22 2012, 04:56 PM) *
blah blah
If a few people just answer those 7 simple questions
blah blah
Sorry if this is overdoing it...

tl:dr - add this word to your vocabulary - succinct tongue.gif

Can play Saturday
Onasuma
Seems reasonable. Anyone want to tell me what they're playing on saturday?

Peter Long
gormaden
QUOTE(Onasuma @ Aug 22 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Seems reasonable. Anyone want to tell me what they're playing on saturday?

Peter Long

With Permission - 7th level Air elf wizard
markradford
well on saturday seems i can play so i have booked on.

i have a choice of any number of characters so what do teh rest of the group want.

i have an awakener 7th
bralean invoker 8th and 750ish
berserker 9th and 95
some warriors 8th and some(would rather not play them)
some priests 8th and some points (would rather not play)
or some other random pre-8th stuff from 20 years ago
or start a totaly new character may be a druid
JEB
Okay, so it looks like we have enough players and lovely crew to run a dungeon on Saturday - Matt - I have booked you to play rather than monster.

So Saturdays adult event will be going ahead. Sunday is now looking likely to be cancelled later on today.

Admin.
JEB
Depending upon what people are playing, depends on what I will play, so could all those booked please note what they are playing please :-)

Jo.
MattWest
For Saturday:- I am playing Haram, same character as I played last Sunday. Evil Ishmaic Witch.

Edited to add:- don't suppose Phil will be around to sign my yellow paper on... [only got issued a green card last weekend]... that's my PAC 4 :-)
MattWest
QUOTE(markradford @ Aug 23 2012, 04:30 AM) *
berserker 9th and 95

wow tongue.gif
Ryan
QUOTE(MattWest @ Aug 23 2012, 10:19 AM) *
wow tongue.gif

He is giving you a clue about his resistance levels so you don't waste power trying to stop him fighting you!! smile.gif
MattWest
As if I'd still be standing up after the 1st quad!!
gormaden
QUOTE(MattWest @ Aug 23 2012, 01:08 PM) *
As if I'd still be standing up after the 1st quad!!

Playing a mage just got really interesting biggrin.gif

"lightning bolt, lightning bolt...wasnt me guv MR Crazed berserker.. it was the witch"
JEB
Its either - Comms priest or front line for me.

Jo.
Stuart
QUOTE(JEB @ Aug 23 2012, 01:51 PM) *

Jo.

Isabella?
MattWest
QUOTE(JEB @ Aug 23 2012, 01:51 PM) *

Jo.

You're going to play your noble aren't you, surely --- so I can bravely hide behind you again? :-D
markradford
i think the berserker wa a 4am typo when i was working its 8th and 95 ish points
markradford
my preferance would be the awakener or the invoker

or next would be the berserker
JEB
QUOTE(Stuart @ Aug 23 2012, 04:28 PM) *
Isabella?

I think Isabella, for defininte :-)
JEB
QUOTE(MattWest @ Aug 23 2012, 04:29 PM) *
You're going to play your noble aren't you, surely --- so I can bravely hide behind you again? :-D

Oh yeah :-)

Jo.
Strife
Edit: Whoops, I'm a week ahead in my mind. Not down this weekend.
Leo
I'm looking at, 320 of blauz wizard, 975 of Ggrtuck or 750 of elysian pure priest.

Rosie will be 150 of halfling.
gormaden
QUOTE(Leo @ Aug 24 2012, 10:14 AM) *
I'm looking at, 320 of blauz wizard, 975 of Ggrtuck or 750 of elysian pure priest.

Rosie will be 150 of halfling.

ah, if your offering the ranged firepower - I may play squishy Battle priest.
We got a tank/meatshield yet?
MattWest
QUOTE(gormaden @ Aug 24 2012, 11:26 AM) *
I may play squishy Battle priest.

Battle-priests - squishy!?

... says the Witch, with consternation at the thought of what that makes him...
Leo
QUOTE(gormaden @ Aug 24 2012, 11:26 AM) *
ah, if your offering the ranged firepower - I may play squishy Battle priest.
We got a tank/meatshield yet?

Ranged firepower? You may have drastically misunderstood all the words I said.
AlanG
I think I nabbed the last spot. If so, I will be playing a Forest Guardian.

Alan.
fingolfia
OK, I managed to massively confuse myself about what's going on, but have now sorted things. The plan had been to a-ref Saturday OR play Sunday, due to then going home Saturday to get my armour. Luckily my character card is in my wallet, so I can play Saturday instead.

But, if I could scrounge some leather armour off someone, that'd be great. And a dagger/pair of daggers, because the second one of my pair got lost at Maelstrom and never came back. My kit is currently scattered across three counties, so getting enough of it together to actually make a character is entertaining.

Also, teaching scrolls are at home. Best rogue...
MattWest
QUOTE(fingolfia @ Aug 24 2012, 05:57 PM) *
OK, I managed to massively confuse myself about what's going on, but have now sorted things. The plan had been to a-ref Saturday OR play Sunday, due to then going home Saturday to get my armour. Luckily my character card is in my wallet, so I can play Saturday instead.

But, if I could scrounge some leather armour off someone, that'd be great. And a dagger/pair of daggers, because the second one of my pair got lost at Maelstrom and never came back. My kit is currently scattered across three counties, so getting enough of it together to actually make a character is entertaining.

Also, teaching scrolls are at home. Best rogue...

I will bring some soft leather you can borrow (PAC 1+2), and my one dagger although it's a very nice ritual dagger so not really intended to be used for combat so go easy on it if no-one else brings a better one. With your crazy scout-class DAC you'll be OK in just soft leather, right?

PS I don't have anything spare for headgear, sorry. And, the leather's a bit rubbish but it's system-viable... you might prefer to just claim your studded leather AC 3 without phys rep if your metal allowance is good for that but doing it without a phys rep is a bit goat IMHO, YMMV.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.