> I call for judgement.
isbiraven
post Feb 10 2018, 11:45 PM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

Good evening my fellow knights,

I am sorry to have to bring this to your attentions.

My name is Eddie Darkhearth, I am an Unholy Knight and a very proud member of our fellowship.

Two days ago a Seer friend of mine came to me and asked if I could go to this small village southwest of Halgar as he had seen in a dream a large undead creature killing the people there. As some times his dreams come true I took it upon myself to go and keep watch best I could.

Today was quiet and I was close to leaving for home when a wash of evil power flooded the area killing many peons, whom all then raised by themselves as 3rd rank greater zombies.

I had been traveling to where I could tell where the source was coming from when I heard a group of fellow mercenarys traveling towards me from the main road.

I stopped and introduced myself to the group and explained why I was there and that I was a knight of the land and that I take my vows of protection strongly.... it was all going fine...

Then a man who I later know to be called Rangar walked towards me with annoyance in his face he asked who I was, I answered him he then looked at my soul and then killed me with no provocation or reason even with me proudly displaying my knights symbol on my tabbard.

Thankfully another fellow knight was there, Tirama, who brought me back. Tirama, I thank you again.

It hurts me to do so, but, I call for the expulsion of Rangar from our ranks for the murder of a fellow knight.

I will accept the ruling of our Lord knight whatever he decides.

Shield on arm,
Sword in hand,
Brothers TOGETHER,
We defend the land.

Eddie Darkhearth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Feb 11 2018, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Heldsman

Member No.: 3,369

Hi,

I will leave this for Rufus to decide upon.

This is what I believe happened.

There was an explosion in a reliquary of the Church of Unity which we decided to investigate rather than our primary mission as it transpired many ancient dark artefacts of power were stolen.

Whilst we were investigating we came upon a mansion that was pulsating with evil dark power. The pulsating power had killed all the local peons and the dark power was filling the bodies with greater zombies.

Oddly, the gentleman I now know as Eddie Darkhearth was not affected by the pulsating darkness and we stumbled across him just outside the mansion.

Unfortunately neither Eddie nor myself announced that we were knights of the land to each other.

Eddie did however announce proudly that he was an unholy knight and the undead don't bother him.

Our group had very little scrying power which was an issue throughout the day and we were limited to assessing the nature of people's souls.

I felt that in the circumstance an evil unholy knight surrounded by undead not bothering him was suspicious and that he showed no sorrow for the dozens of slain Peons.

I asked Eddie to explain what was going on and he got angry saying did he really have to explain it all again.

He claimed that he was sent by an Imperial Seer friend to investigate some undead, which was odd in my mind given that the explosion and the undead happened in quick succession and I believed we were the first to arrive. It appears from Eddie's statement that his friend has the ability to see into the future.

Eddie never mentioned he was a Knight of the Land to me, as for the Knight of the Land symbol. I never saw this until after the event as it was small and on the bottom left hand corner of his tabard. It was like any other mercenary tabard and I am sorry I never spotted the symbol.

We had already been deceived many times already that day, I believed he was a threat and a part of the cult we were dealing with and therefore killed him.

His returner then attempted to kill me and he was dealt with by myself and the Witch hunter.

After which the witch hunter told me that Eddie was a Knight of the Land.

I then questioned why this was not mentioned before not having been privy to the first part of the conversation due to fighting undead and protecting the rear from attack.

Once I found out what had happened I spoke to Tirama and asked him to and he agreed to restore Eddie's life.

I will obviously respect the Lord knight's decision, I don't believe I willing and knowingly killed a brother Knight. I am however sorry that this has come to pass and for the death of a brother knight.

If Rufus would like to expel me from the order I will accept that decision, If he requests my resignation from the order I will also accept his decision, if he asks that I remain I will also accept his decision.

Shield on Arm,
Sword in Hand,
Brothers together,
We defend the land.

Rangar
Champion of Light
Hell's Gatekeeper

--------------------
Richard Eden (Real Life Human)
Rangar
General Arkus (Mystic) 1,050pt - Big Hat
Baltar (Ggrutuck Warrior) 450pts of naughty
Warf (Ggrutuck Artificer) 100pt - Massive Horns
Twitch (Twilight Elf) 100pt - Twitchy and useless
Strike 100pts of I am not telling but no he is not an AP

+Quote Post
BBB
post Feb 11 2018, 09:21 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 25

An Interesting case

Rangar, I take it that neither of you had any particular need to announce each other that you were a Knights merely on meeting but did you happen to mention it to him?

I gather from your statement he did not mention it.

I am assuming you were wearing our Order's symbol and so clearly marked yourself as a Knight?

In which case I suspect there is little to answer for given the situation other than to point out what seems to have been a swiftness to act and the foolishness of simply relying on just the judgement of spirits.

Kei-Ry
Baron Netherwell
Magistrate of Thimon

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Feb 11 2018, 09:46 AM
Post #4

Heldsman

Hi Kei-Ry,

I am afraid, I was also not wearing my symbol proudly.

I also did not announce that I was a Knight of the Land.

Myself and one other Knight a spring elf whose name I have forgotten did our oath in the morning.

I did not know Tirama was also a Knight not that it is of any consequence on this matter.

Tirama restored Eddie and acted honourably.

I don't believe any of the three knights on this mission were wearing their KOTL symbol.

It is certainly something the Knights should consider making much more obvious for all in future.

Again apologies to Eddie Blackhearth.

Rangar

--------------------
Rangar

+Quote Post
jasonprice
post Feb 11 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 135

I tOlD Uz !!

hE wIlL dO dIz WeN eE azZ dA tImE OfF Ee wAnTz !!

rOfUz lAcK oV dOiNg azZ lEd tO hIm kIlLiNg a kNiGhT

ShAdOW

--------------------
Jay

+Quote Post
Will
post Feb 11 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 158

I have my account on this to share shortly, once I have finished traveling with the Church of St Michael today.

We defend the land.

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - plot@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Will
post Feb 11 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 158

The pertinent points from my perspective are:

- I did not hear the declaration that Eddie was a fellow Knight. That is just from my perspective, not to say that he did not declare. I did not engage him in conversation.

- I did not note any insignia upon Eddie to indicate that he was a fellow Knight. I was not looking however.

- He declared his mission and appeared to be there to help.

- He was extremely antagonistic towards Rangar. It felt as though he were goading him.

- As soon as Rangar realised what had happened he bade me restore him to life. From my experience of Rangar this would have been a difficult request for him to make.

- Rangar did demonstrate temperance following this, and I was grateful for his consideration as it enabled us to find more information in the end.

I hope that is of help. I look forward to seeing my fellow Knights in legend soon.

Tirama

--------------------
Will Power - plot@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Feb 12 2018, 05:41 PM
Post #8

Heldsman

Member No.: 208

Brothers & sisters

I was with this group. However I can add little to this missive - I did not meet or speak with Eddie, as I was a little ahead of the main party scouting out and trying to keep our van safe. This is because I am fey, spiritless, and therefore at a bit of an advantage in such a situation.

Therefore I was not close by to witness the conversation, nor the violence, nor the resurrection.

___

I can provide circumstantial evidence about Rangar and Tirama, but since both are well known I doubt it'll add much. Suffice to say both were brave and great allies in the many challenges of that day.

I can provide no evidence regarding Eddie - we have still not yet met. And I look forward to correcting this over an ale... let me know where and when!
___

And Rangar and I spoke earlier in the day about his Knights oaths and the order - because of his recently declared desire to step away from our ranks. Again, I belief Rangar and Rufus have had deeper conversations, and their perspectives hold much more sway than mine.
___

But I am here should any wish to ask anything of me.

Olwyn Jura

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Feb 12 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #9

Heldsman

Shadow, Thanks for your opinion but my desire to leave the Knights and the death of Eddie are not related. I am not sure how Rufus feels but it would seem that you have insulted him as much as me. As a brother Knight I wish you no harm but I think you need to follow a path more brightly lit.

Thank you Tirama and Olwyn for your kind words of support.

Eddie my apologises again for killing you, I would not intentionally and knowingly kill a brother knight. I hope that you will one day turn to the light but as brother Knight I don't wish you harm.

Thanks

Rangar

--------------------
Rangar

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Feb 12 2018, 07:51 PM
Post #10

Hero

Rangar,

I was leaning against a wall with my arms crossed talking to members of the group you travelled with explaining what I had witnessed so far in my investigations of this threat to the innocent.

You looked at my soul and murdered me...

Olwyn, name the time and place brother, I never turn down an offer of ale from a friend.

Eddie.

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Feb 16 2018, 08:05 PM
Post #11

Heldsman

Member No.: 208

QUOTE(isbiraven @ Feb 12 2018, 07:51 PM) *
Rangar,

I was leaning against a wall with my arms crossed talking to members of the group you travelled with explaining what I had witnessed so far in my investigations of this threat to the innocent.

You looked at my soul and murdered me...

Olwyn, name the time and place brother, I never turn down an offer of ale from a friend.

Eddie.

Eddie

I base myself in The Vale or Plenty, in the heartlands. You’d be welcome to visit, and the local tavern is good: The Plume of Feathers.

I can do most nights next week.... so whatever suits.

Olwyn

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Feb 16 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #12

Hero

That's great to hear Olwyn.

I'll meet you there next Thursday, travel well.

Eddie.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 06:25 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins