2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vessel of the Spirits
dnsmantra
post Feb 12 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 111

I think, conceptually, it's fine. It is however somewhat under costed. For 900 - 1000pts, instead of 600, it would still feel like good value, but not incredible, like it does now. We should probably ignore the total heal vs other miracles argument - that's a problem balancing healing vs other stuff (and is an age old problem), not with this class persay.

I think it would be better balanced if it was 600pts for 12 spirits and regen 1/15, then an upgrade for 1/10 on T10 and 1/5 on T11, maybe 150pts each, or something like that. That said I think there's a bunch of things that should probably be T10 or T11 in the new books, which aren't. Last hit s/n should probably be T10 and s/n only T11 and perhaps with some tighter restrictions - maybe one table later for weapon using classes. Such things have the potential to be incredibly unbalancing at the low end; far less so as you go up.

With most new things the problems aren't necessarily the abilities, but how early you can buy them - i.e. they unbalance the lower part of the system (T10 /11 down) a lot more than the T10/11+ end.

That said, all this has been discussed before when the books came out, so there seems little point in going over old ground again.

Huw
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strife
post Feb 12 2018, 06:22 PM
Post #22

Militiaman

Member No.: 1,568

QUOTE(dnsmantra @ Feb 12 2018, 05:57 PM) *
There seems little point in going over old ground again.

Is Vessel the new Varial Caster?

--------------------
Will Hudson

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Feb 12 2018, 10:14 PM
Post #23

Militiaman

Member No.: 564

as someone who has run out of spirits within the first few minutes of the first encounter (a long time ago) I see the great appeal for this and how powerful it can be.
However there is other things that are needed as much if not more priority than a bit more power to make sure you don't go splat.
And from a healers point of view there's the cap on Innate total's a limit to the number of published spirits available including a cap to fetches, even with a nice regen of power it's possible that you could not keep up if things go south

Not 100% sure but I think when you look for your healer and they are "medding" an hour or two behind you in the days dungeon, going back to find them can get a little tedious

for it's not only the Priest that benefits from this but the party as a whole by not having one of it's members out of action for a long time

--------------------
J - The thing known as Dog
- Tyrone (twiglet Wizard, because they are yummy)

+Quote Post
JasonE
post Feb 13 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #24

Militiaman

Member No.: 564

forgot to add the most important thing

if you and everyone else is having fun, does it matter that ability/class/race XYZ is over/under powered

--------------------
J - The thing known as Dog
- Tyrone (twiglet Wizard, because they are yummy)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 12:54 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins