> A Pilgrimage or Sabattical, Resignation
Trickyz
post Feb 8 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,369

My Fellow Brother Knights,

I know my timing is not great but I feel that I must resign from the knights for a while and I may not return.

There are things I need to do that may or may not sit well with certain fellow knights.

I have a personal holy crusade to begin and it is a dangerous path, and a path that may endanger my fellow knights should I remain.

I wish to bring no harm to a fellow knight and for this reason I feel I can not stay. This is my crusade and mine alone and the risk needs to be mine and mine alone.

I have often be called rash or been told my actions have endangered knight's if this is true for that you have my sincerest apologies and this is part of my decision to leave. I don't wish to bring harm to any brother knight.

It saddens me greatly to do this and I have had to contemplate and pray hard for many months to come to this decision.

I kindly request that I am relieved of my duties as both a Knight of Legend and as a Knight of the Land.

If the danger I believe is coming; proves to come to pass then I know my decision is right, the people and the land will have been served.

This is not a fight that can be fought by the knights for it is a darkness that infects our lands, A darkness that in my opinion is better fought alone than as a group.

I am afraid no amount of counsel can sway me from my course.

So for perhaps the last time.

Shield on Arm
Sword in Hand
Brothers Together
We defend the Land

Rangar
Champion of Light
Hell's Gatekeeper

--------------------
Richard Eden (Real Life Human)
Rangar
General Arkus (Mystic) 1,050pt - Big Hat
Baltar (Ggrutuck Warrior) 450pts of naughty
Warf (Ggrutuck Artificer) 100pt - Massive Horns
Twitch (Twilight Elf) 100pt - Twitchy and useless
Strike 100pts of I am not telling but no he is not an AP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack
post Feb 8 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

Rangar, lets have a chat about this threat before you try to leave. If it is that important to you that you would cast aside your brothers and sisters then it is probably quite a significant threat and we should be prepared.

Please send me an elemental with all of the details of this threat and then we can discuss whether you need to leave or not.

Regards,

Rufus

(inbox me on here)

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Feb 8 2018, 12:08 PM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 3,369

QUOTE(Jack @ Feb 8 2018, 11:18 AM) *
Rangar, lets have a chat about this threat before you try to leave. If it is that important to you that you would cast aside your brothers and sisters then it is probably quite a significant threat and we should be prepared.

Please send me an elemental with all of the details of this threat and then we can discuss whether you need to leave or not.

Regards,

Rufus
(inbox me on here)

I have sent an elemental.

--------------------
Richard Eden (Real Life Human)
Rangar
General Arkus (Mystic) 1,050pt - Big Hat
Baltar (Ggrutuck Warrior) 450pts of naughty
Warf (Ggrutuck Artificer) 100pt - Massive Horns
Twitch (Twilight Elf) 100pt - Twitchy and useless
Strike 100pts of I am not telling but no he is not an AP

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post Feb 8 2018, 01:43 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,355

Regards,

Rufus
(inbox me on here)

Rangar

I am here if you would like some support. We face danger together whether you are a brother or not

Godric Snowsson

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Ice Mana Knight / Warrior 5k
Ginkgo Panama (aka 'Dead Man Walking') - Kensai 3.3k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 750pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk 1.9k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
Dave
post Feb 8 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #5

Hero

Member No.: 62

Hello!

So, can you explain what danger you believe is coming? I think we all should be aware!

Is the darkness all the people with bad hearts and use dark spirits / silly onyx mana? As you want to offer them redemption or something like that?

Just a curious blizzard

Snow

--------------------
16 odd years since Chernobyl disaster, is it only me annoyed by no super heroes yet?

+Quote Post
Chaz
post Feb 8 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #6

Levy

Member No.: 286

'For a while?'

Is there an option to opt in and out of knights when it suits, or dependent on the level of danger the next fight brings with it? Is it acceptable to declare 'I'm not a knight anymore' while breaking our laws only to rejoin and avoid punishment on a technicality?

I doubt that is how this guild has lasted so long.

Rules and traditions aside Snow makes a fair point, I think you have a responsibility to the remaining knights to offer as much information as you can to help them defend themselves and more importantly to protect those who cannot defend themselves.

Clopin

QUOTE(Dave @ Feb 8 2018, 03:40 PM) *
Hello!

So, can you explain what danger you believe is coming? I think we all should be aware!

Is the darkness all the people with bad hearts and use dark spirits / silly onyx mana? As you want to offer them redemption or something like that?

Just a curious blizzard
Snow

+Quote Post
jasonprice
post Feb 8 2018, 06:29 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Member No.: 135

sOz Iz uZ sAyInG u gOiNg cUz U MiGhT wAnT tO kIlL KnIgHtS ?

dIz iZ tReAsOn, uZZ Iz a KiLl oN SiGhT

sHaDoW

ex-lord seeker
shadow of primus

--------------------
Jay

+Quote Post
Netheril
post Feb 8 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

Member No.: 2,516

QUOTE(jasonprice @ Feb 8 2018, 06:29 PM) *
sOz Iz uZ sAyInG u gOiNg cUz U MiGhT wAnT tO kIlL KnIgHtS ?

dIz iZ tReAsOn, uZZ Iz a KiLl oN SiGhT

sHaDoW

ex-lord seeker
shadow of primus

How does “I do not wish to bring harm to any brother knight” translate into anything like the above!?

How about we let Rufus and Rangar talk before jumping to any more conclusions?

And if you do leave Rangar, then I wish you well and will still consider you a friend. But I would warn you that the light can be every bit as blinding as the dark, and can equally obfuscate the truth. Tread carefully my friend.

May Harmony guide our thoughts and Purpose our actions,

Sirac Drakeson

+Quote Post
Padallen
post Feb 14 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #9

Mercenary

Member No.: 96

Regards,

Rufus
(inbox me on here)

QUOTE(Jack @ Feb 12 2018, 09:42 PM) *
Rangar,

Your name has been brought to my attention on a number of occasions, so I have been paying close attention for some time now. I do not believe the Rangar that stands before us now, is the one that first joined our organisation. This is something that I have seen many times over the years I have been a Knight. The life of a mercenary is a dangerous one, with many paths, people and perspectives. I believe that you and your perspective have been changed by the events that you have been through and the people you associate with, it is only natural.
You are no longer someone who protects this land, you are someone who threatens it.

Your years of good service and the good that you have done, for more than just the people of Primus, has not been forgotten. However it seems the oaths that you swore to each of your Brothers and Sisters has. There have been numerous occasions where you have pushed the boundaries of our order. I no longer believe that you are able to live by or keep our sacred oaths. By your actions and by your words you have shown that you are no longer willing to protect the land or the people.

You have betrayed these oaths. For this, you are cast from this order for treachery.

Regards,

Rufus
Lord Knight

Okay, so let me confirm this, if you ask to leave you get told not to, then get cast out for treachery!?!?

--------------------
Paul Dallen

Just my 2₲ worth!! :-)

+Quote Post
Forefallen
post Feb 14 2018, 06:28 PM
Post #10

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,026

QUOTE(Padallen @ Feb 14 2018, 06:21 PM) *
Okay, so let me confirm this, if you ask to leave you get told not to, then get cast out for treachery!?!?

Now now let's not be dense, Rangar asked to leave, which takes a month or two anyhow, a decision hadn't even been made and not a couple of days later, Rangar killed a brother knight.

Irrelevant of Rangers religious views, he broke the code and is a traitor.

If I had made pacts and deals with my gods that I'd have to kill all Onyx mana users on sight, I wouldn't t have joined the knights, that'd just be asking for trouble...

Laurelion

--------------------
Tarek - Ishmaic Psi/dancer Golem -
Kurai - Amlesian Monk
Jata - Amlesian Troll Shaman
Laurelion - Ebony Drave Silver/Jade Wizard
Killian - Half Dark Elf Red Warlock
Joshua De Fontaine - Pure Priest/Legendary Shaehan Assassin
Sun'so - Amlesian Wizard
Amatir - Mortimancer
Sparek - Black/Brown/Silver Faerie Blanket
Alfie Autumn - Human Mystic with a twist
Hilliam Wunt - Lets not talk about this one...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2018 - 12:41 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins