Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Brightest Light bookings
Phoenix13
post Feb 8 2018, 06:51 AM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,986

Just for anyone who wanted to join here's your chance there's two spaces open.

--------------------
Gremin - warrior priest - 954pts
Kirito - oriental monk - fortune - 204pts
Channor (nature) - high druid ratfolk - 440pts
Astro - Red/blue faerie - wizard - 310pts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Feb 8 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #2

Heldsman

Member No.: 3,369

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Feb 8 2018, 06:51 AM) *

Please do book on people if you can, I am sure it will be a fun day, there will be cake and we have a great crew with all crew slots filled.

Promises to be epic by all accounts.

--------------------
Richard Eden (Real Life Human)
Rangar
General Arkus (Mystic) 1,500pt - Big Hat
Baltar (Ggrutuck Warrior) 450pts of naughty
Warf (Ggrutuck Artificer) 100pt - Massive Horns
Twitch (Twilight Elf) 100pt - Twitchy and useless
Strike 100pts of I am not telling but no he is not an AP

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Feb 8 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 39

Hi,

Do you have any idea who is playing what on this?

Thanks

Stuart

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Feb 8 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #4

Militiaman

QUOTE(Stuart @ Feb 8 2018, 10:53 AM) *
Hi,

Do you have any idea who is playing what on this?

Thanks

Stuart

Don't know everyone's but there's

A warrior priest
The Champion of Light
A Wizard
Lady of the stars
Blade
And that's about what I know lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Feb 9 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 208

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Feb 8 2018, 03:07 PM) *
Don't know everyone's but there's

A warrior priest
The Champion of Light
A Wizard
Lady of the stars
Blade
And that's about what I know lol

I'm on - a 500pt elvern warlock (spring fey, sun warlock).

+Quote Post
Button88
post Feb 9 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #6

Peon

Member No.: 6,319

I'm on as a greatest good grey wizard but quite low points

QUOTE(Phoenix13 @ Feb 8 2018, 06:51 AM) *

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Feb 12 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #7

Heldsman

Just wanted to say thank you to all involved for an entertaining day... much enjoyed here, even if it leaves many questions unanswered about the guild.

Quick attempt on the Brightest Light guild stuff...

1. A "good guys" guild to root out and act on evil goings on.

2. A broad banner, with an acceptance of free will and diversity. So there is space for more 'fascist' types and also those who are seeking alternative means of resolving conflicts and creating examples for others to follow.

3. We never really resolved guild management. There is a clear guild founder (Gremin), but I suspect there are roles for Tirama, Rangar and others to be advocates... certainly having a voice in how the guild develops, and a role to attract and retain members. That said, no-one benefits from a "must do a guild special to join" restriction.

Getting this stuff to be compelling is really important IMHO for the guild to have longevity.

Alasdair

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Feb 12 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #8

Heldsman

QUOTE(Alasdair @ Feb 12 2018, 05:28 PM) *
Just wanted to say thank you to all involved for an entertaining day... much enjoyed here, even if it leaves many questions unanswered about the guild.
Quick attempt on the Brightest Light guild stuff...

1. A "good guys" guild to root out and act on evil goings on.

2. A broad banner, with an acceptance of free will and diversity. So there is space for more 'fascist' types and also those who are seeking alternative means of resolving conflicts and creating examples for others to follow.

3. We never really resolved guild management. There is a clear guild founder (Gremin), but I suspect there are roles for Tirama, Rangar and others to be advocates... certainly having a voice in how the guild develops, and a role to attract and retain members. That said, no-one benefits from a "must do a guild special to join" restriction.
Getting this stuff to be compelling is really important IMHO for the guild to have longevity.

Alasdair

Hi Alasdair,

I am in broadly in agreement with the above.

I don't believe there is a requirement to do a guild special to join the guild.

I felt the balance was ok, there were very fascist characters and some who were not it got some interesting conversations and solutions going. Whilst I personally would prefer a more fascist light is right guild it needs to be able to appeal to a wide audience.

I think as long as those who are fascist can do so and those who are not can do so also it will fall to how the mission is led on the day, I am not just referring to Gremin but whoever leads on the guild specials and also who stands out whilst on open dungeons. A feel for what the guild is about will develop as the narrative continues.

It was certainly an interesting start and I am still smarting from dying so embarrassingly less than 5 minutes into the dungeon from over-confidence but it would appear the guild has some potential!

Just my thoughts.

Richard

--------------------
Rangar

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Feb 12 2018, 07:18 PM
Post #9

Legend

I thought it was excellent, with some really interesting conversations and different takes on morality during the day. We varied from 'let people make their own choices' to 'kill the evil people quick before they do anything'. How Tirama managed to let the leader of the goblin tribe escape is beyond me! That's what you get for trusting Shaehan priests, I guess.

I like "By their deeds shall you judge them." It's vague enough to either let bad guys live until they do something in front of you, or kill them on sight for their deeds in the past.

A broad church (metaphorically) with solid benefits will attract people to join the ranks.

Stuart

P.S. Trust the Blauz.

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Feb 12 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #10

Hero

Member No.: 98

I am glad so many had fun... I am really looking forwards to seeing you as a group develope and can not wait to see how you decide to deal with the future parts to the story.

T.

+Quote Post
Will
post Feb 12 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 158

QUOTE(Stuart @ Feb 12 2018, 07:18 PM) *
How Tirama managed to let the leader of the goblin tribe escape is beyond me! That's what you get for trusting Shaehan priests, I guess.

BWUHAHAHAHAHAHA

P.S. Never trust the Blauz

--------------------
Will Power - plot@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Trickyz
post Feb 12 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #12

Heldsman

I like the "By their deeds shall you judge them". Its actually a pretty good motto for our group! - nice and vague well put!!

and yes Tirama should not have let the Chieftain go, just goes to show we should not wait to talk to everybody for too long! The Chieftain needed to be killed plain and simple. We took too long to judge him.

and the Blauz did he actually walk off with the Reaver?? - still no idea what actually happened!!

--------------------
Rangar

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Feb 12 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #13

Militiaman

QUOTE(Trickyz @ Feb 12 2018, 06:41 PM) *
Hi Alasdair,

I am in broadly in agreement with the above.

I don't believe there is a requirement to do a guild special to join the guild.

I felt the balance was ok, there were very fascist characters and some who were not it got some interesting conversations and solutions going. Whilst I personally would prefer a more fascist light is right guild it needs to be able to appeal to a wide audience.

I think as long as those who are fascist can do so and those who are not can do so also it will fall to how the mission is led on the day, I am not just referring to Gremin but whoever leads on the guild specials and also who stands out whilst on open dungeons. A feel for what the guild is about will develop as the narrative continues.

It was certainly an interesting start and I am still smarting from dying so embarrassingly less than 5 minutes into the dungeon from over-confidence but it would appear the guild has some potential!

Just my thoughts.

Richard

To be honest I was mostly quiet for the reason of hearing people out and learning how people act and what their mind set is. It's best to learn people then have a leader who doesn't know he's members. But when I did make my statements people didn't bother with them anyway as I said "ask them to repent and redeem and IF they say no then kill them" for balance in the guild reasons and because that's the right thing to do.

If you just go around killing evil and not try to help them then you are no better than them that's why next Special I'm setting rules for people as the start up as much as it was good it was out of control. Even when I was telling people off for just straight out killing people they carried on.

People wanted me to stand up as a leader and be loud and give commands but no one knows my side of the story it's all about know who you associate with. Next special or theme what ever comes first i will stand up and be less Lee way then I was at the start up. Hope you all understand as I'm not being pushed around again for being nice and giving you freedom in your choices but when Gremin makes his statement I think people should stick to it other wise like I said you will end up no better then evil.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Feb 13 2018, 12:20 PM
Post #14

Heldsman

So the guild information for the next Almanac might read... (over to Gremin/Phoenix13 to finalise this...)

The Brightest Light

A guild for 'the good guys' willing to seek out and deal with evil, wherever it may be found.

The ethos:

"By their deeds shall you judge them" we act on those doing and harbouring evil: bringing light and hope into the darkest places.

"Our strength is in diversity" - the good cooperate and support one another, whereas evil falls upon evil. We are a broad banner and a diverse group, with space both for 'repent or die' types on the one hand and more considered individuals whose aims including creating examples that help lead others to make good choices. It is in this diversity that we find vibrancy.

"Free will is to be celebrated"... noting that those that choose evil paths tend to remove free choice from others.

"Membership is leadership": all who are members are expected to strengthen the guild, to recruit new members to our ranks, and to be shining examples for others to follow...

Guild founder: Gremin

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Feb 13 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #15

Militiaman

QUOTE(Alasdair @ Feb 13 2018, 12:20 PM) *
So the guild information for the next Almanac might read... (over to Gremin/Phoenix13 to finalise this...)

The Brightest Light

A guild for 'the good guys' willing to seek out and deal with evil, wherever it may be found.
The ethos:

"By their deeds shall you judge them" we act on those doing and harbouring evil: bringing light and hope into the darkest places.

"Our strength is in diversity" - the good cooperate and support one another, whereas evil falls upon evil. We are a broad banner and a diverse group, with space both for 'repent or die' types on the one hand and more considered individuals whose aims including creating examples that help lead others to make good choices. It is in this diversity that we find vibrancy.

"Free will is to be celebrated"... noting that those that choose evil paths tend to remove free choice from others.

"Membership is leadership": all who are members are expected to strengthen the guild, to recruit new members to our ranks, and to be shining examples for others to follow...

Was not designing this to be a fashiest guild as that will end badly.
The membership is leadership kinda sounds like I'm not even the head of it. It makes feel like I just made a guild and I'm just not even irrelevant. But don't think I'm taking it super personally its just got that feeling if you know what mean.

--------------------

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Feb 13 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #16

Hero

Member No.: 98

Membership is leadership ...

I read it as to be a member is to lead by example... but I can see how you could read it the other way...

Just write it as it is ment..

Members lead by example.

Simple.

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Feb 13 2018, 10:27 PM
Post #17

Militiaman

Gremin/Phoenix13
The Brightest Light

A guild for 'the good guys' willing to seek out and deal with evil, wherever it may be found doing the Greatest Good they can.

The ethos:

"The light will guide us" we act on those doing and harbouring evil: bringing light and hope into the darkest places. Defeating evil in all its forms in different ways.

"Our strength is our Mercy and War" We show mercy to every 'living' person even if evil. We show kindness in asking them to redeem and repent their ways but if they reject the light then they shall die out with the darkness.

"Free will is to be celebrated" Evil clouds people's minds forcing or tricking them into a life of darkness leading people into being hated. Enjoy freedom as you have it.

"Brother and sisterhood keeps us strong": all who are members are expected to strengthen the guild, to recruit new members to our ranks, and to be shining examples for others to follow...

My improvement.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Feb 14 2018, 08:42 AM
Post #18

Legend

It's your guild and you should do whatever you think is right. People will join or not based upon that (and the abilities, of course).

I see what you're after with "Our strength is our Mercy and War", but I'm not sure the motto part reflects what you're trying to say?

Stuart

+Quote Post
Phoenix13
post Feb 14 2018, 09:57 AM
Post #19

Militiaman

QUOTE(Stuart @ Feb 14 2018, 08:42 AM) *
It's your guild and you should do whatever you think is right. People will join or not based upon that (and the abilities, of course).

I see what you're after with "Our strength is our Mercy and War", but I'm not sure the motto part reflects what you're trying to say?

Stuart

I thought it was clear... basically mercy is asking them to repent and redeem but if they reject then the a war happens and they die along with the darkness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Will
post Feb 15 2018, 02:19 PM
Post #20

Mercenary

Member No.: 158

Hey all!

Sean C has agreed to reff a Highborn Assembly guild special on the 25th of March, which also happens to be my birthday!

The plan is that this will be part of a three part campaign to build the guild up a bit, and hopefully establish it as a viable social guild for those who aren't a Knight or Amlasian!

It is a max 5250 and the plan is to combine it with the non fascist wing of the Brightest Light, which will be the secondary consideration (so a guild themed for them if 4, full if 6).

Would love as many people to join as possible to help keep this little pet project of mine alive and to celebrate my birthday.

Adviser slots open (depending on bookings, at least one, a second if we fill up).

No guests at this time, must be a member of one or both.

Take a look at the ethos of the guild if you are in doubt. It is deliberately *not* a goody goody guild, and about combining to fight for the greater good (which doesn't always involve goodly acts).

Also, do not be put off by the name. It is not a "Nobles" guild, but it is a guild sponsored/led by a Noble.

Hope to see you then!

--------------------
Will Power - plot@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 07:06 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins