Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Appeal
Onasuma
post Jan 31 2018, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

Sisters and brothers, I am perturbed and seek council.

Last night, myself and several other Knights travelled to the ruins of the Halgar penitentiary on the trail of an escaped felon. While we were there, we encountered a vampire who, by dint of my nature, was able to control me with but his gaze. Under his order I repeatedly struck another Knight of The Land, provided as much information as I could to see that two more were killed and lied to the other knights present to attempt to save the vampire in question.

All of these things are despicable and I would not do such things under my own volition.

However, of recent, there has been some concern over how such actions interact with individual oaths. While I had no desire to act in the way I was forced to, it is very understandable that some would view this as an indirect breach of several of my oaths and, as a result, I should be cast from the order. In fact, as it stands, I believe I may well already be.

Now, while I would, sadly, accept that eventuality I feel it would be all but the end of my story. I do not wish to leave and do not feel I have transgressed my oaths. I therefore appeal to you all that these rulings be clarified. I might have been the first to fail since these changes, but we can all foresee the next dozen to leave as unceremoniously as myself.

I remain your loyal servant,

Radcliff Fortesque.

(And if anyone has an axe I could borrow until this is resolved, Id appreciate it).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Jan 31 2018, 11:21 AM
Post #2

Militiaman

Member No.: 388

In a world such us ours, where various forms of control and domination are sadly all too common, such restrictions need very serious thought before being applied. By the letter of the restrictions you should be cast out. But was that the initial intent of the restriction?

I would hope not.

I am in no position to offer an authoritative answer to your quandary, I merely offer a humble opinion.

Hopefully the Lord Knight and Imrazil will apply the Laws of our Order with fairness and empathy.

Brother Tubbs
Friar of Border & Knight of the Land

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (750pts Border Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
BennyB
post Jan 31 2018, 11:28 AM
Post #3

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

Radcliff,

Although I'm sure that the Lord Knight will look at this and that you are in a great deal of pain. Can I firstly look to those who have been harmed by your involuntary actions. Are those others restored if needs be, I found it unclear in your message. Could you tell us their names? Also it might be worth talking to the magistrate of Halgar, just to make sure that this doesn't become a problem with imperial law.

From you being able to send this message I believe that you are unlikely to still be under the control of the Vampire in question, could you confirm this? I understand that if you were you might lie, but it's easier to catch a lie once it's said or to notice a deliberate refusal to answer.

As to casting out, I believe that someone compelled to break their oaths by an external force should not be cast out. I also believe that each case of such should be looked at and the situation better understood. I have in my time stood shoulder to shoulder with most of the current Lords of orders and our current Lord Knight (though before he last turned on the wheel) and I trust them to deal with this in a sensible manner.

Personally I'd like to thank you for bringing this into the open.

Finally if I can be of any assistance do let me know, our paths may appear to have taken us to very different places, but as a brother I will do my best to help.

Mar'Eth

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jan 31 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

Hey Radcliff,

This sounds like a pretty simple case to me so I wouldn't worry too much. As a point this is nothing to do with the changes I have made, this ruling has been around as long as I can remember.

Do you know which other Knights were present? It would be good to get their take on the events. I will make a decision once I have head from them, but for now you are still a Knoght (which I am sure won't change). If we were to cast everyone out for actions they committed while controlled we wouldn't have many members...

So if you could let me know who was present that would be ace.

Thanks,

Rufus

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
draco
post Jan 31 2018, 12:37 PM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 598

QUOTE(Jack @ Jan 31 2018, 11:45 AM) *
Hey Radcliff,

This sounds like a pretty simple case to me so I wouldn't worry too much. As a point this is nothing to do with the changes I have made, this ruling has been around as long as I can remember.

Do you know which other Knights were present? It would be good to get their take on the events. I will make a decision once I have head from them, but for now you are still a Knoght (which I am sure won't change). If we were to cast everyone out for actions they committed while controlled we wouldn't have many members...

So if you could let me know who was present that would be ace.

Thanks,

Rufus

Aye Rufus,

I was there and saw pretty much everything. Radcliffe is innocent I tell yeh.

Let him back in and change the rules before your desk is full of these cases...

Darren of Tivoria

--------------------
James Isteed

Isteed.Labyrinthe@outlook.com

(the big one)

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jan 31 2018, 01:29 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

There is no meedd to change them, they have been this way for many years and it rarely causes an issue.

But thanks for confirming the events Darren.

Rufus

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
BlockWizard
post Jan 31 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #7

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,007

Lord Knight,

I was also present on yesterday's hire, and would like to attest that my friend is innocent. Throughout the evening his behaviour was exemplary, and entirely befitting of a brother knight. We attempted to rescue him from his tangle with the vampire, but unfortunately we were too late, and the deed was done. He is no longer under the creature's control, and even while he was, his first words to us were a very quickly blurted "don't attack them, or I'll they'll make me attack you!". Radcliff was at all times concerned with the safety of the party, placing it above his own.

I hope this is sufficient,
Lord Zacharius Ward

--------------------
Hi, I'm Conor. My currently played characters are:

Bek, goblin assassin
Randall Lyghtwood, human Shaehan pure priest
Lord Zacharius Ward, noble human blue warlock
Kazan Junichi, crane clane kensai
Errin 'Twiglet' the wood elf awakener

"Bek is like a lime, green and bitter."

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 31 2018, 05:36 PM
Post #8

Hero

Thank you all for the reassurance.

I feel it is important to clarify that no one was actually killed as a result of my words, but I was told to explain the weaknesses of Lord Ward due to possessing a specific spyglass at the time of the incident.

The Knight I struck I believe goes by the name Niklaus and is some form of resilient duelist. I did my best under the limits of my control to limit harm to him and, I think due to his strength of character and high resilience, he wasnt particularly harmed by my attempt. I could be wrong and he has an exceptional bluffers face though.

I would like to ask you to hear Lord Wards words for reference to my character, as he has travelled with my on multiple occasions and I believe is a good sort to accurately represent me under normal conditions. However there were I believe 7 Knights present and if any other wishes to vouch (for or against me) I encourage this.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Radcliff.

+Quote Post
Alasdair
post Jan 31 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #9

Heldsman

Member No.: 208

Brothers and sisters,

I was present. I can offer no fault in conduct and confirm that all the knights present were - in my opinion - great examples, in word and deed.

Though it seems there may have been a shift in the record of this orders oaths, I believe this to be a very clear case of supernatural control leading to unfortunate actions. I had also thought this a ‘clear cut’ case of not being a casting out offence, and offer any and all testimony to those that need it to ratify this.

This particular set of events was complex - with traps shifting some of our group to a destination we didn’t quickly want to follow to (we needed to obtain some objects before similarly being ‘ported).

With thanks to the group- including a number of knights - none died and no vitae was spilt. Though a great deal of essence was!

Olwyn Jura

+Quote Post
Onasuma
post Jan 31 2018, 06:17 PM
Post #10

Hero

With respect Olwyn, some of us did quickly want to follow and it was my decision to chase after our unfortunate scout that got me into this problem in the first place. Dipping a phalanx, so to speak.

Radcliff

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 07:25 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins