Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Saturday Kit Fair and BBQ
RichFromant
post May 5 2017, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

This is now a little over a week away and we want to confirm all the final details of the plans for the day. The Kit fair will open officially 8.30am, and will be in a large marquee at the top of the stairs to our part of the caves.

During the day we have a number of dungeons running aimed at allowing people to play some events as well as shop, plus hopefully introduce some new players to Labyrinthe.

We have running:
A morning and afternoon 1500 single length
Although linked they are designed to be played separately, although people are welcome to play both.
An all day pre 8th Dungeon
Designed for new players who want to come and try out the caves and will be around all day.
A 10am, 1pm, and 3.30pm 2-hour taster sessions
Designed for new players to come and test out the system and showcase our unique site, you are welcome to book on to more then 1 of these, and regular players can play them with their friends.
An Open Max 5250
Designed for our regular plays to come a dungeon being run by our illustrious GSM.

Should people wish to book on to these dungeons please use the online booking system if just playing 1 event, if playing more than one please email Duncan on bookings@labyrinthe.co.uk to be added. We will obviously need monsters for them all day as well.

The tavern will be open all day for people to gather IC for their dungeons and discuss afterwards etc. It will be under a rite of Peace. Players should be in their ready for their dungeons to start as their brief will be coming there to meet them.

The checking in desk will be up in the marquee and manned by Kat and Duncan all day, they will additionally be running the ever popular tombola, and a raffle with a number of prizes up for grabs.
More details of these will be announced near the time, but if anyone has suitable raffle prizes they would like to donate please get in touch with Duncan.

The kit fair and dungeons should all finish up by around 6pm when we move on to the evenings fun. We will be having a BBQ and drinks up in the marquee, with a number of picnic benches in there. A chance for players to talk about the day, show off their purchases and generally catch up.

We will be laying on burgers and sausages free of charge, plus there will be a spare BBQ if people want to bring their own bits along to cook, plus a spate BBQ for veggies. People are welcome (and encouraged!) to bring their own drink along, we will have some big ice buckets available to keep it cool in. During the evening we will draw the raffle, have an announcement from Duncan and have some things to keep everyone entertained. We will look to finish up at about 11pm.

If you have any questions let me know, if not we hope to see you all there!

--------------------
Rich

For extended length bookings and queries please use fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post May 7 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,355

Hello. Will the traders and caves be taking bank cards or just cash upstairs?
What is the cost and limit on tombola please?
How much is the raffle, what type of prizes are we trying to win, when will it be drawn and must someone be there for the draw?
Thank you very much

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Ice Mana Knight / Warrior 5k
Ginkgo Panama (aka 'Dead Man Walking') - Kensai 3.3k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 750pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk 1.9k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post May 7 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #3

Legend

QUOTE(fatteacher @ May 7 2017, 09:52 PM) *
Hello. Will the traders and caves be taking bank cards or just cash upstairs?

The caves will definitely be taking card payments as well as cash. I imagine most of the traders have the option of paying by card these days, although cash always the safer option.

QUOTE(fatteacher @ May 7 2017, 09:52 PM) *
What is the cost and limit on tombola please?
How much is the raffle, what type of prizes are we trying to win, when will it be drawn and must someone be there for the draw?

As I said, there will be more details released nearer the weekend on these. Look out for a post from Duncan confirming the details.

--------------------
Rich

+Quote Post
fatteacher
post May 7 2017, 09:15 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 1,355

QUOTE(RichFromant @ May 7 2017, 10:12 PM) *
The caves will definitely be taking card payments as well as cash. I imagine most of the traders have the option of paying by card these days, although cash always the safer option.
As I said, there will be more details released nearer the weekend on these. Look out for a post from Duncan confirming the details.

Ta much Rich

--------------------
Andy

Godric Snowsson - Ice Mana Knight / Warrior 5k
Ginkgo Panama (aka 'Dead Man Walking') - Kensai 3.3k
Grandbow - Human Spirit Warrior - 750pts
Noyen Nopac Zu - Snake Clan Monk 1.9k

'It can't rain all the time!'

+Quote Post
NickMonsterSands
post May 8 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Militiaman

Member No.: 50

Is there a list of traders that'll be there for the day?
Some of the peeps from Camarilla Invictus are looking at coming along if there's a selection of traders present and i'd like to be able to give them a headsup about what traders are there for the day smile.gif

--------------------
~~~
*inhale*
"Neuronic flash, Neuronic flare, Neuronic whip, Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration Neuronic penetration.... Priest..... i hurt... but the bad man fell down, twice, and run away and i thought painful thoughts at him... i did good?"

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post May 8 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

Eldritch, light armouries, having a larp, in character, as if by magic, possibly one or two more.

Would be good to see you all

D

+Quote Post
Rennos
post May 14 2017, 09:06 AM
Post #7

Peon

Member No.: 5,634

A big thank you to everyone at the Labyrinthe for a great day. Especially like to thank our ref Chris and the monster crew for all 3 taster sessions we played on. It was a great day for us returning players and really showed how the Labyrinthe has improved over our absent 20 years. We will definately be back. Thank you.

--------------------
Cheers

Steve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drixla - Pathfinder
Vastarn - Slightly suspect Warrior *cough*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
KatSables
post May 14 2017, 09:42 AM
Post #8

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

In a way not to offend people I want to thank everyone who took part in yesterday be it playing monstering trading, without you all it wouldn't have been a success.

Couple of personal thank you's from me. Thank you to Chris who didn't even realise there was a kit fair on! Thank you to Stacey who kept me sane all week, she helped me Tuesday with cleaning and setting and she helped Friday night with all of the setting of the set piece rooms. Massive thank you to Ed the battleboard machine, not only did he do like a million battle boards he also made sure duncan and I were fed and hydrated all day.

Thank you to the BBQ cooks, you didn't have to step up and cook but you did and that's awesome!

Lastly thank you to Duncan, he worked so very hard setting up the marquee, tables etc writing the tombola, you did good smile.gif

Kat

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
oggrod
post May 14 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #9

Levy

Member No.: 277

was an awesome day, brought down my old matey who used to play years ago with the tribe and another newbie both well keen and have truly got the bug for it, will be meeting up with some of the other guys on our dungeon for more low lvl stuff as the same characters real soon.

Love the event and hopefully you guys will do it again next yr as im booking it in the diary !!

regards

Rob

--------------------
UG!

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post May 14 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #10

Hero

Member No.: 190

It was great to see so many new and returning people.

I had fun reffing the taster sessions, and then chilling out with food and beer for the bbq after. It was great to see everyone embrace the spirit of it all smile.gif

Personal thanks to Ed and Stacey making my day so much easier helping with battleboards and talking the newer players through everything

A good day!

Chris

+Quote Post
StuartEaston
post May 14 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 105

Thanks to Kat, Duncan and everyone who had input into organising and running the day, it felt like it went really well from what I saw when I wasn't being terrorised on Lee's Dungeon. It looked like there were loads of new people who had a great time so I hope it helps create more interest in the caves.

Stuart

+Quote Post
Fionamullin
post May 14 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #12

Legend

Member No.: 198

Thanks to all involved in the 5250 it seemed to go well.
Also thanks to all who let me harrang them into more raffle tickets 🙂.
Looking forward to next year already.

--------------------
Fi

+Quote Post
Hulud
post May 14 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #13

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

Great day, wish i could have stayed longer.

Thanks everyone for making it happen.

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
gormaden
post May 14 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #14

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

A quick public "big up" for Ed and Chris. The group i know from elsewhere loved thier intro day to Laby and are very keen to return.

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
gormaden
post May 14 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

Were the raffle winners announced?

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
Ryan
post May 14 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #16

Legend

Member No.: 574

Yeah gutted I could be around longer but the new players seemed to really get stuck in to the morning. There was a great buzz around the place in the morning really well done to everyone who organised!

+Quote Post
FlorenceWarren
post May 14 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #17

Militiaman

Member No.: 4,112

Huge thanks to everyone who organised this! It was the most fun I've had in ages and was lovely to see everyone again!

Flo

--------------------
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P Lovecraft

Florence
----------
Taris - Anti-Elf Causing priest.
Vex - Ratfolk Scout.
Rye - Elysian Pure Priest.
Fester - Ratfolk "Warrior" Assassin.
Charlie - Ratfolk Healing Priest - RIP.
Bean - Human Blademaster.
Josephine Flashblade - *That* Noble Monk...

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post May 15 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #18

Legend

Adding my thanks as well to all those who made it a great day all round. Lots of positivity from new and existing players and nice to have so many traders selling there kit there. Hopefully next year we can make it bigger and even better!

--------------------
Rich

+Quote Post
Jack
post May 15 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #19

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

Yeah cracking day on sat, good work everyone who was involved with making it a success!

Massive thanks to Lee and his crew for an awesome 5250! Right amount of danger with lots of plot and things!

Thanks!

Jc

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
BennyB
post May 15 2017, 11:27 AM
Post #20

Heldsman

Member No.: 43

To echo the above, huge thanks to everyone for the day, for the 5250, Lee, Fi and the horde of monsters (not mentioning names as I know I'll forget someone, but massive thanks to you all).

I had a really great day and I'm pretty sure everyone else did.

Ben

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 11:37 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins