> The Snakes vote
Naga
post Apr 4 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #41

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

Su

I will happily sit down with the council for tea to discuss this. All apart from the fool of a lion who is in league with the oni.

Naga
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 4 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #42

Mercenary

QUOTE(cripple @ Apr 4 2017, 09:30 AM) *
I would not and will not make peace with the 1st Oni.
That is my stance on the matter.

I would however seek entrance to the private chambers for a short time, if you would be gracious enough to allow it, as I wish to say some things best not said in public.

Chu Shuten.

It is important that you join the discussions in there and your opinion shared

so please share in private with the Council

Naga

+Quote Post
JHouse
post Apr 5 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #43

Nightsoil

Group: Members
Member No.: 438

For slights against my Lord's Honour, I Zu Wang Seung-Jean challenge Ningyou Dansu, Kazan Toshimoko, and Haiyu Yang-To.

On Starsday, I will be waiting on the wall between us and the Shadowlands. For those who choose not to attend me, I shall attend them and any who wish to protect them. Please understand that this is not a call for debate or your opinion, and begging only lowers oneself.

May Ting-Bo look favourably upon you all come the dawn of Sunsday.

=======================
OOC: I'll be down on Saturday, with a Kimono, a Katana, a battleboard, and an old school love of this oriental system. An area will be set aside during lunch, and it would be helpful to have confirmations (just post OOC on this string)

Please feel free to react in character as your character would (as have I) with the leeway of "I cannot make it due to IRL, lets pick another day". I am quite happy to discuss the merits and flaws of forum based smack talk in a system where people (regardless of their level [kudos Dave Hurrell]) avenge insults in exactly this way. I would also like to add the disclaimers that I wasn't involved in the three day, OOC I like all of my opponents, and this is a reaction from what I have read in the string

+Quote Post
Jack
post Apr 5 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #44

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

Pickle will b ur secnd miss lady Dansu if u want it. Dough Pickle aint round dis starsdy. Pickle no like bullies.

Angry Pickle

=====================
OOC: I cant make saturday and Ive got no problem getting beaten to death...

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Apr 5 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #45

Mercenary

Infact Pickle will stand for all of dem nd we can do 1 fight for all.

Dat sound gud too u Wang?

Serious Pickle

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Apr 5 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #46

Heldsman

Member No.: 1,111

I am sure that if we have indeed slighted or insulted Lord Naga he would call this himself?

I am not begging, simply wishing to clarify.

Ningyou dansu

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Ningyou Dansu - Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 5 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #47

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

May I politely ask, why, other than trying to talk a friend down from a course a darkness I am being challenged? At no point have I insulted nor has Yusaki-sama expressed insult from my words. Also my lord Lady Dansu has been nothing but cordial and has in fact apologised for perceived slight and the apology was accepted. I will not speak for Lord Yang To of the dragon. I feel you are jumping to challenges that your lord does not require?

Hells, both your lord and I have drinks planned soon, do you truly think that he would need to to duel me if that was happening? Don't get me wrong, I love a good duel and have always hoped one day to challenge a swordsman such as you, but now is the time for words and diplomacy, not swords. That time will come, but it is not now.

Kazan Toshimoko

Ooc: either way me and Laura are in Malta from Friday, so no can do

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 8519 - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 7975 Council Yojimbo
Dipp - 3060 Awakener (Comms based)
Xeno - 2166 Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Sosen Oku - 1410 Force Priest
Harijan - 1260 Outcast Drowe Scout
Druzil - 1149 Kharmic Sidhe Artificer
Sheltered Grove - 415 Wood Elf High Druid
Lt Benjamin Ford - Nightsoil Grey Knight
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 5 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #48

Hero

OOC: ok i'm gonna go out and say it. This has gone beyond roleplay and has become complete bullshet, what started with some very cool roleplay, quickly spiralled out of control by one person deciding that stats meant they could happily stat taking offence and bringing it to "duels" or as we will call it "Stat murder". it went to and fro and then it honestly seemed that a resolution for all was found. Honestly look through this thread and apart from the Naga vs the Lion hash, there is NO OFFENCE given or intended beyond the need to kill someone who is 15.000 points less than the "offended" player. but that actually looked like it was resolved by roleplay and comradery. The another person who has too many points under there belts thinks they will beging it all again, because they can and there is no threat to them, oh other than losing to honour the first time round and pu ssying out and running off saying "nah I don't want to lose to roleplay, my stats mean I win so ner nerr". So i call bullshet

Frankly we can win this by simply playing your game, you are in different thresholds to us and will never get the chance to kill us and the threshold system means we will never have the real chance to do the duel and no system in the rules or stats says I can meet outside a paid for threshold dungeon with someone who is 15K+. so yeah not happening. "some reason when I turned up you werten't there" cus you couldn't book on, etc.

Stop this bull, just because you can win stats you know what that makes you? a bully and I'm sure The management would not condone any bulling in their game, I know I wouldn't. If you can accept the roleplay side of the game, stay out of it.

Jesus, it's like dealing with spoilt children...

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
BBB
post Apr 5 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Abel @ Apr 5 2017, 06:05 PM) *
OOC: ok i'm gonna go out and say it. This has gone beyond roleplay and has become complete bullshet, what started with some very cool roleplay, quickly spiralled out of control by one person deciding that stats meant they could happily stat taking offence and bringing it to "duels" or as we will call it "Stat murder". it went to and fro and then it honestly seemed that a resolution for all was found. Honestly look through this thread and apart from the Naga vs the Lion hash, there is NO OFFENCE given or intended beyond the need to kill someone who is 15.000 points less than the "offended" player. but that actually looked like it was resolved by roleplay and comradery. The another person who has too many points under there belts thinks they will beging it all again, because they can and there is no threat to them, oh other than losing to honour the first time round and pu ssying out and running off saying "nah I don't want to lose to roleplay, my stats mean I win so ner nerr". So i call bullshet

Frankly we can win this by simply playing your game, you are in different thresholds to us and will never get the chance to kill us and the threshold system means we will never have the real chance to do the duel and no system in the rules or stats says I can meet outside a paid for threshold dungeon with someone who is 15K+. so yeah not happening. "some reason when I turned up you werten't there" cus you couldn't book on, etc.

Stop this bull, just because you can win stats you know what that makes you? a bully and I'm sure The management would not condone any bulling in their game, I know I wouldn't. If you can accept the roleplay side of the game, stay out of it.

OOC: I've not yet had the opportunity to try and understand all the ins-and outs of the IC stuff yet but does it state anywhere in the Jade Code that a duel need be to the death?

First to Three blows, real skill no stats needed? Seems a fair compromise, Loser can even commit Seppuku if they wanted to but it sorts the disparity of points quite nicely.

BBB

--------------------
Grey's Law: Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice...

PS, Yes, I know my PM Box is full. Email me instead... (Which you can do through the forums email)

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Apr 5 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #50

Heldsman

Member No.: 1,111

QUOTE(BBB @ Apr 5 2017, 06:59 PM) *
OOC: I've not yet had the opportunity to try and understand all the ins-and outs of the IC stuff yet but does it state anywhere in the Jade Code that a duel need be to the death?

First to Three blows, real skill no stats needed? Seems a fair compromise, Loser can even commit Seppuku if they wanted to but it sorts the disparity of points quite nicely.

BBB

OOC: I think the point stands, that no one can see a major problem ic, yet duels have been offered. However one higher points character has said something that was no better or worse than what others have said but they were ignored, for no reason other than they were an actual stat threat to their vitea. I mentioned this, apparently the reason was ic... but it still looks bad.

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Ningyou Dansu - Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)

+Quote Post
PhilB
post Apr 5 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #51

Heldsman

Member No.: 6

Should any of those challenged wish a champion in a martial duel to the death, then I offer to act as such.

Should it be required, I can likely meet Zu Wang Seung-Jean San on the wall this Starsday.

Ri'Lek.

(OOC - John, I totally get your roleplay, and do respect how unbending and straight up you play your characters... but it is a bit pony offering out characters who are 10k plus less than sensai...)

QUOTE(JHouse @ Apr 5 2017, 04:30 PM) *
For slights against my Lord's Honour, I Zu Wang Seung-Jean challenge Ningyou Dansu, Kazan Toshimoko, and Haiyu Yang-To.

On Starsday, I will be waiting on the wall between us and the Shadowlands. For those who choose not to attend me, I shall attend them and any who wish to protect them. Please understand that this is not a call for debate or your opinion, and begging only lowers oneself.

May Ting-Bo look favourably upon you all come the dawn of Sunsday.
=======================
OOC: I'll be down on Saturday, with a Kimono, a Katana, a battleboard, and an old school love of this oriental system. An area will be set aside during lunch, and it would be helpful to have confirmations (just post OOC on this string)

Please feel free to react in character as your character would (as have I) with the leeway of "I cannot make it due to IRL, lets pick another day". I am quite happy to discuss the merits and flaws of forum based smack talk in a system where people (regardless of their level [kudos Dave Hurrell]) avenge insults in exactly this way. I would also like to add the disclaimers that I wasn't involved in the three day, OOC I like all of my opponents, and this is a reaction from what I have read in the string

+Quote Post
Jack
post Apr 5 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #52

Mercenary

Oi Ri'Lek! Pickle ready sed he will b a secund!

Pickle

(Ooc but I wanted to mock John and his inability to win a duel with a 3k character.)

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
Darkended
post Apr 5 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #53

Militiaman

Member No.: 497

((OOC: Just for the record, I'm still loving the role play here! My response is IC as Yang-To would never want a straight up fight with a warrior as he's not a fighting type and has to try and politic out of it where possible!))

Ri'Lek,

I do not deny that I am more a master of the word than the sword. Your offer to act as champion in this matter is accepted. Regardless of the outcome, know that you shall be well compensated for your actions. Let it also be known the Dragon owes you a favour.

Lord Naga, as Wang Seung-Jean appears to be duelling for your honour you wish this duel to settle our disagreement also?

With honour,

Haiyū Yang-To
Voice of the Jade council
Ear of the People
Daimyo of the Jade Dragon Clan

--------------------
- Matt

+Quote Post
PhilB
post Apr 5 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #54

Heldsman

Member No.: 6

Pickle,

I am quite happy for you to champion - and will offer to second. Happy either way...

Ri'Lek.

(OOC - wouldn't want to deny you mocking opportunity smile.gif

QUOTE(Jack @ Apr 5 2017, 07:56 PM) *
Oi Ri'Lek! Pickle ready sed he will b a secund!

Pickle

(Ooc but I wanted to mock John and his inability to win a duel with a 3k character.)

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Apr 5 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #55

Militiaman

Member No.: 263

Hey Jules,

I am not sure who exactly this is aimed at, but am quite offended. I specifically went for an alternative roleplay type thing (ie dropping mists) which
I knew would not actually have any real game impact what so ever. It was all a bit of roleplay. So If I have offended you in anyway or you
perceive anything I have done as bullying then please let me know and I will walk away. At no point did I have any intention of taking
out someone massively lower points than me, or frankly causing upset.

Regards
Sarah

QUOTE(Abel @ Apr 5 2017, 06:05 PM) *

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 21K
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 11K
Tweegle - Jade Budoka/wizard 8K (Not a thief or a Liar)

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 5 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #56

Hero

QUOTE(Sarah @ Apr 5 2017, 09:31 PM) *
Hey Jules,

I am not sure who exactly this is aimed at, but am quite offended. I specifically went for an alternative roleplay type thing (ie dropping mists) which
I knew would not actually have any real game impact what so ever. It was all a bit of roleplay. So If I have offended you in anyway or you
perceive anything I have done as bullying then please let me know and I will walk away. At no point did I have any intention of taking
out someone massively lower points than me, or frankly causing upset.

Regards
Sarah

OOC: Not to worry Sarah, you are in absolutely no way involved in that statement, you have kept roleplay, roleplay and not used your stats to win. No need to take offense. I love everyone (mostly tongue.gif) in this thread but it got silly, then got fixed, then got silly, so i lost patience. nothing more

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 5 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #57

Mercenary

It's aimed at me and John ...

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Apr 5 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #58

Militiaman

Member No.: 263

Thanks Jules,
I would not have wanted to cause a problem like that wink.gif

QUOTE(Abel @ Apr 5 2017, 09:55 PM) *
OOC: Not to worry Sarah, you are in absolutely no way involved in that statement, you have kept roleplay, roleplay and not used your stats to win. No need to take offense.

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 21K
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 11K
Tweegle - Jade Budoka/wizard 8K (Not a thief or a Liar)

+Quote Post
Abel
post Apr 5 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #59

Hero

QUOTE(Naga @ Apr 5 2017, 09:56 PM) *
It's aimed at me and John ...

OOC: Mostly John, but yeah basically

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Apr 5 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #60

Mercenary

I hate having to go out of character on this.

As explained my character is massively unstable, my alignment shifts,I have a evil sword telling me to kill everything,I've been kicked out my church,judged harshly by friends when it should have been a conversation.
Then get kicked out my guild , no wonder I'm taking pot shots and not calling back my attack dog.

The problem is simple we play a multilevel game in the same game setting,the fun and risk of playing a amslasian is knowing if you insult the big boys then they will come get you due to there and your restrictions. If not it's rubbish and people should now play one.

Do I throw my stats around - yes
Do I throw my status around - yes

Is Naga a bully yes totally if it gets his way! Am I?

I have always tried to stay ic and stick with my roleplay I've bended before eg didn't duel Dave last time but took 10% so we could all move on happily,didn't go to war when I should and comitted suppuku instead. I've bent and bended maybe I should not have but I wanted to play with my mates.

Sam

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 10:11 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins