Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strange Eggs Spotted, Assistance required
RichardCraig
post Jan 23 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 112

Greetings Knights of the Land, Allow myself to introduce myself: I am Magnus Pierterson Natural Historian and Explorer of the Exostance.

I have made it my life calling to investigate the various flora and fauna which populate this strange and wonderful universe that we are part of.

On a recent expedition to the snow topped peaks of the northern end of the Brandin Mountains searching for the fabled Yeti of those regions I became trapped within a snow storm, by chance I stumbled on a hot springs which had formed an oasis of life amongst the snow.

While recovering from the toll that surviving the storm had taken on me I discussed this strange oasis with my local guides as it was not on any maps that I had of the area and they informed me that this was a sacred place rumoured only to appear in times of great trouble and need to offer sanctuary to those who needed it.

The oasis is apparently one of the naturally occurring sites which baffle attempts to scry about it from a distance.

When the storm had abated before leaving I decide to investigate the area and found a cavern system leading into the mountain, as I crept through the tunnels I found myself in an opening to a large room within the caves which was unnaturally warm and there on cave floor were a selection of eggs which seemed familiar to me.

Before I could investigate this further I heard shouts of alarm from my guides and quickly returned to the camp to find them under assault by a shadowy creature.

My travels have on occasion brought meant conflict with a variety of creatures but I have to say that the sight of this creature struck fear into my very heart and I ran for my life.

After several days I managed to return to my base camp but the locals were less than impressed to see me, perhaps the loss of my guides may have caused this but it seemed more than this although they refused to speak to me.

Having a chance to review my notes I finally was able to place where I had seen those eggs before, they looked very similar to that of the Wyrm Kin of Legend.

As such I was hoping that your group, having had experience dealing with such as the Wrym Kin and being known for your lack of fear regardless of the odds against you may be interested in investigating the eggs as it seems strange that they would be be in such a place.

I believe that you are holding a muster on Sunday to announce the results of the election of your leader, I would be happy to attend the planned drinks reception and then provide you with the map of the area which I have drawn, which will help you track down the oasis due to it's shielding.

If you have any further questions I will be happy to answer them and ask only that if you manage to make the area safe I can return and make some etchings to capture the majesty of the location.

Magnus Pierterson

(OOC: If you do want to comm just drop me an email, richard.craig@hotmail.com or put your questions below if you want everybody to see)

(Sunday will start in Mordreds rest for the results of the election and nibbles and drinks - which part of the caves will represent the rest is currently under discussion TBC later in the week depending on setting requirements)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 03:36 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins