Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rufus Kol'Trane, An Introduction
Jack
post Jan 10 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

First off, I am honoured to be nominated to stand for the position of Lord Knight, this is not something that I thought would ever happen.

Here is a little bit about me, for those of you I have not had the pleasure of meeting.

I have been a member of our glorious organisation for many years, at least 5 but it's hard to tell with Fabadon and his mystical time turner... Since joining and becoming a member of this family I would like to have think that I have grown as a person and as a mercenary. I am a Sorcerer of twilight, silver and ebony magics, I have slightly demonic blood although I am not a demon, it’s a bit of a grey area. I come from Legend, when the Knights returned and saved us all, I saw the path that I wanted to follow, and I wanted to help my family and the land of which I was born, the rest as they say, is history. I also own a Schnizzle brewery in Jayrek's Stand, in Legend.

When I look back to who I was then and to who I am now, I feel proud of what I have managed to achieve and how I have changed. A big part of this is due to the Knights. Not just as an organisation, but the people that make it as great as it is. There have been many times I have strolled into danger and most certainly death, however knowing that I have my brothers and sisters there with me fills me with the courage to continue.

Being a Knight isn't an easy job, not everyone is cut out to uphold our oaths, but that's ok. I don't just see the Knights as an organisation that saves the world time and time again. But as a place that helps to grow and guide people to be better versions of themselves. To fight for those who cannot defend themselves. To make the world a better place.

We lead by example. On mercenary missions both small and catastrophic you will find Knights. This is where we help to grow other mercenaries that have chosen not to take our oath. By our actions and our deeds they learn how we work, how we deal with whatever we encounter. Be it guards, dominated peons or some other ethical pickle, we show them that you don’t just have to murder your way through. With diplomacy, cunning and generally the Voice of Power miracle, you can be on your way without having to harm them.

At the Dawn, you know there will be Knights, leading the way, both physically and spiritually. Whether it is Gimly or Tidus standing in the middle of corridor of battle, most likely fighting some powerful creature that they can’t actually kill. Whilst Penny is off trying to dismantle a ritual, which is probably linked to the lives of peons. She will deal with it the hard way, to ensure the peons come to no harm. As she knows that even though it might take a longer, causing fellow Knights to die, they would rather sacrifice a bit of themselves, to save even just a single soul. This is where we show what we are really made of.
Or if Andric is standing alongside Gimly, calling forth an almighty torrent of all the different powers (and I do mean all of them). Casting his soul along with his various powers, to ensure his enemies receive a smotification and his allies are as safe as possible. This is where we show our true strength.

This is something that means a great deal to me, however it isn’t something that we actively think about doing. We just do it, it’s who we are, it is what the Knights are and what we represent.

If I was to be elected as Lord Knight apart from organising various outings for us to go and deal with threats. I will look to be organising joint expeditions with other guilds / groups of people. So that we can guide and grow others, whether they join our ranks or not, we will lead by example and hopefully help them to better themselves. Hopefully this will help other mercenaries to deal with things in a better, safer manner.

I will also have to up my game. I wouldn’t say I was perfect for the role, but I will give it my best, maximum effort. I know that I can be a bit of a cheeky chappy and sometimes I say some stupid [----]. But my actions are always true and my heart is in the right place. I will grow into the role, and will behave in a more appropriate manner. I am lucky to have a strong base of friends that will be able to help me along the way. I am who I am because of the Knights. I have and will forever give my all to do the right thing.

Vote Rufus!

I am looking forward to our muster and the counting of the votes, I do remember that these things cannot be rushed.

Shield on Arm,
Sword in Hand,
Brothers Together,
We Defend the Land!

Rufus
Knight Bannerette

--------------------
Only the good die young.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Jan 11 2017, 02:18 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

Rufus,

At the moment, I think your introduction and plans for the Order over the next year are the most inspiring of those I have read. However, as identified in Consuela Schwarz's "17 Traits of Warlords Who Died of Old Age" one of the most sure determinants of a leader's success is a full and frank awareness of their own shortcomings, and a plan for overcoming them. What is your greatest potential weakness as a Lord Knight, and how will you seek to overcome that?

Sword in hand,

Solomon
Knight Reliant

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jan 11 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

Thanks for the kind words Soloman.

My greatest weakness?

It definitely isn't dying of old age!

Seriously though, I have spent quite some time now thinking on this and I don't think I have one great weakness that would affect me as Lord Knight. What I do have is a number of small ones that when added together could turn into a bigger issue.

I am aware that I can come across as immature, I say silly things, I am known as a bit of a trouble maker and I don't always make considered decisions. These are not traits that should be possessed by a Lord Knight. Before I accepted standing for the role I thought long and hard about this. I knew that I was going to have to change these things in order to fulfill the role. The Knights means so much to me, I consider everyone to be part of my family, I would not allow myself to act this way if I was Lord Knight. I know this isn't going to be an easy thing to fix, however it has been something I have been thinking about for a while, even before the nominations.

My plan for overcoming this?
I know what I have to change and it is just something that I will have to do within myself. I know I am not perfect and may slip up, however I'm not a quitter. I am quite fortunate in the fact that I am surrounded by friends that are truly great people who will be able to help me achieve this. Most of my close friends have held positions within our order, from DLOB Valentine to the Lord Tai. My wonderful High Priest Andric will be more than happy to assist my with this I am sure. It isn't going to be easy and regardless of if I win or not, I know that this is something that I need to work on regardless. Hopefully I will be able to prove this when we meet at the next muster.

Any more questions?

Thanks,

Rufus

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
Martinj
post Jan 11 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 734

Rufus,

Thankyou, for your excellent and frank response.

Solomon

+Quote Post
AndrewBucknell
post Jan 12 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 95

and sometimes the Knights gets to aid in the development of some fine young men. I think that this appointment would polish off Rufus and add yet another excellent well rounded individual to our senior ranks.

It takes a big thing to make a big man.

'Tarma

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 11:06 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins