Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lord Knight IM1017, ~ election thereof ~
MattJ
post Dec 21 2016, 02:03 PM
Post #21

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 472

I'd like to nominate my fiancé - Truic Amora-Badrass. She would be really good at it and then I might be able to get to see her more often.

Pinky
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack
post Dec 23 2016, 05:28 PM
Post #22

Mercenary

Member No.: 81

Thanks for the nominations chaps. I'll stand for Lord Knight, however I think even Vinny would get more votes than me!

Rufus

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Dec 31 2016, 04:12 PM
Post #23

Legend

Member No.: 574

I will accept the nominations and stand in the interest of there being a 3rd candidate... I think diversity is key but I will step aside if another wishes to accept... I was just conscious that today is the deadline.

Louis Athanyn
Lord Warmage

+Quote Post
ThePowerMeldScro...
post Dec 31 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #24

Nightsoil

Member No.: 4,337

"Spirits aid us, our power is slight,
We need the Potato to run for Lord Knight!"

Yes, brother Knights, the Dawn turns and with it our minds turn to the forthcoming election.

Obligated as I am to do so by the terms of my very existence, I am making the customary nomination for that noblest of Knightly root vegetables, the Potato.

Whilst this year shows a strong field, the Potato is accustomed to being best in his field, as I am fairly certain some wit announced last election.

I am optimistic that I am not alone in recognising the qualities that make this excellent spud the obvious choice, nay perhaps the only real choice to lead us into the next year, and look forward to some sensible Knight seconding the Potato's nomination.

The Power Meld Scroll

+Quote Post
Carlo
post Dec 31 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #25

Legend

Member No.: 119

Having given this some thought, I will accept my nominations to stand for Lord Knight this year, which will make for a rather exciting election I think.

It is an honour to simply be nominated.

Andric

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jan 1 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #26

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Therefore, the nominees are as follows;

Andric
Louis Athanyn
Rufus
Scruple

Kail has been nominated and seconded, but as I understand it is sadly not yet in a position to accept. I believe Tai has decided not to stand again (but would welcome being corrected on that point).

I've handed responsibility for the counting of votes over to Gimly.

Happy voting!

Scruple

[votes should be sent to lordknight2017@googlemail.com; one vote per player, not character]

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Jan 3 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #27

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Jan 4 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #28

Legend

Member No.: 37

I do indeed now have the keys to the ballot box, so to speak.

Closing will close on the 28th of this month, with the new Lord Knight being announced when we gather on the 29th.

I invite the 4 candidates to introduce themselves if they wish, and encourage all other knights to vote.

Gimly

[votes should be sent to lordknight2017@googlemail.com; one vote per player, not character]

--------------------
Rich

For extended length bookings and queries please use fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
RichFromant
post Jan 10 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #29

Legend

Member No.: 37

Following Andric standing down, anyone who had cast their vote for Andric should feel free to re-cast it if they wish.

Gimly

--------------------
Rich

For extended length bookings and queries please use fromum@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Jan 10 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #30

Hero

Member No.: 190

A question, if I may, to my 3 brother Knights who are candidates for the Lord Knights helm this year.

What are your plans for organising Knights expeditions for the year?

I ask because I am finding it very hard to choose between 3 such worthy candidates, and one of the main things I would personally like to see in a Lord Knight is one who is proactive in organising missions.

Shield on Arm!
Sword in Hand!
Brothers together,
We defend the land!

Price

Elf of Mixed heritage

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jan 10 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #31

Mercenary

Hey Price,

So I will be looking to organise a few musters for the legendary knights, however my main focus will be for the less experienced members. If I can manage it I would like at least 6 expeditions for less experienced members. Plus I would like to organise some joint musters with guilds that are less able to support themselves, ones that have similar morals to us and ones who's morals could do with some help. I'm not sure how well the last idea would work, but I think it is definitely worth a try.

Any more questions?

Rufus

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Jan 10 2017, 06:09 PM
Post #32

Hero

Member No.: 190

Thank you Rufus for your swift reply.

I think that level of organisation would be a great boon to our order.

I have no more questions, though I expect others will?

Price

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Jan 10 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #33

Mercenary

I would like to know the thoughts of the candidates on this -

I have sometimes felt that there are those who take the 'brotherhood' of our order to be more important than what I have always thought to be our first most important directive - the defenders of the peoples and land of primus, surely to be held more highly than our own lives and the lives of our brothers.

Whilst we must look after each other and not frivolously give our own lives, there have been instances where the protection of each other seems to have been held as more important than the life of a Peon.

What do you expect of the Knights that may find themselves under your command?

Valentine.

--------------------
Neil.

Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
Jack
post Jan 10 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #34

Mercenary

Good question Valentine!

The brotherhood element is important, it helps us to do what we do. I know that I've been in situations where I could only continue because of the support and aid of fellow Knights. It is a big part of what makes us so strong as a guild. Knowing that someone has your back all the time, no matter what. I've been on hires without my brother or sisters and it just isn't the same. When I'm with Knights I know we will survive, I know we will get the job done.

We as a guild strive to defend those who cannot defend themselves, it is at the core of why we do what we do. Over the course of years relationships between people grow, friendships are made and sometimes even love blossoms. This can make situations difficult. However, we are lucky enough to be blessed with vitae, generally we will return. Peons don't, mostly, and they do not return. I would hope that all Knights would do their best to ensure the safety of anyone we meet who needs our help. In fact over the years I have seen this, multiple times, so I am confident that this would happen.

What would I expect for Knights to do? I would expect them to follow our oath, to the end of this plane and beyond. I am however aware that everything isn't just black and white, in this world and our line of work we generally deal with grey areas. I expect Knights to use their common sense, knowledge and experience to do the right thing. When the situation arises, we all know what the right thing to do is. I have nothing but absolute trust for members of our order, I trust them to make their own decisions, which are generally always right.

Any more questions?

Rufus

--------------------
Only the good die young.

+Quote Post
Ryan
post Jan 11 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #35

Legend

Member No.: 574

Price, I'd be looking to organise in response to threats as required but I think the less experienced parts of our orders would be a focus as it is important to cut their teeth and lets be honest Gimly always seems to find somewhere to go anyway. I think there would be merit in getting some groups that are struggling in with us in the hope we can recruit as well as support other factions within the Empire - my stand out choice would be the Arcanum who would likely find they need a fighting arm to their own outings so both of us could be served.

Valentine, as a Noble very little comes before defence of the common man - it is my Duty and the Duty of us as Knights.
I will stand by my Brother Knights but there is a difference between being a Knight and spectacular heroism - some Knights are capable of the later and throw themselves in harms way regardless of the outcome or risk often without considering if they can even win. I have always believed as long as someone is there to pick up the pieces when that goes wrong no Knight is obliged to throw their life away in a show of Valour with their brothers, we simply aren't all cut out for it.

Being a Knight for me is about the long term good - recently when in Port Mierre we had a chance to engage the invading forces and lead away locals in rural land back to the Empire. The reality is such action looks brave and feels right but doing that would have caused a measured response from our Enemies of killing the citizens in the City proper as a show of strength. Instead we got the lay of the land, passed on information to the Empire and ensured every one in the City lived - it's not an exciting out come and it's "Boring" to those who live for a fight but it saved lives and that is what matters.

Louis

+Quote Post
Benson
post Jan 11 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #36

Hero

Member No.: 431

Because Andric has withdrawn, my vote is for Rufus..

Summit.
Watch-captain of Sellaville.
KOTL.

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Jan 11 2017, 11:03 PM
Post #37

Mercenary

QUOTE(Benson @ Jan 11 2017, 08:19 PM) *
Because Andric has withdrawn, my vote is for Rufus..
Summit.
Watch-captain of Sellaville.
KOTL.

I understand that Gimly is collating votes this year as Scruple is standing for Lord Knight, I believe he will only be counting those sent by private missive.

Valentine

--------------------
Neil.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jan 13 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #38

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

Indeed, votes should go to Gimly!

I imagine I'll be repeating what the others have said in answer to the questions above, but in the interests of fairness I haven't read their responses before writing this, so forgive me if it seems I'm stealing their replies.

I would seeks to arrange a range of different outings, for those of our order from all companies, whether Bronze, Silver, Gold or even Purple. I think these things are sort of cyclical, however, so I'll listen to the members wishes regarding this point. I myself am happy to travel with any group. I think it would be nice to have a 'grand muster' somewhere in the middle of the year, so that we can all get together in Mordred's Rest - it seems like of any organisation in the Empire we have the numbers to make this a relatively simple procedure. I'd also like to organise some musters alongside other like minded groups - the churches and so on - both to ease the pressure of mustering 12 Knights (or priests or whatever) on the same day, but also perhaps as a recruitment drive. Many Knights I've spoken to became a member of this order after meeting existing Knights. For what it's worth I see the role of Lord Knight as primarily an administrative one.

As for Valentine's excellent question about Brotherhood as it conflicts with out role as Defenders; it is clear to me that the intention of the oath is to ensure that the order is not weakened by internal strife and thus prevented from carrying out it's aim of 'Defending the Land'. It was not intended simply to provide protection from external threats.
Over the years this has been discussed many times. There will always be individuals who seek to hide within our ranks, who wish to enjoy the protection of brotherhood but have no interest in defending the land. I suppose this is an occupational hazard; if we open our doors to all, then it is difficult to prevent 'all' from entering. Happily there have been very few occasions upon which this has been abused. To be clear; I believe role of the Knights of the Land to be the defence of those who cannot defend themselves. The Brotherhood we share is the tool, the weapon, the shield which we use to do that.

I am proud - we all should be - to say that the vast majority of Knights appear to agree with me on this, and time after time prove it so by sacrificing their vitae so that others less fortunate may live in peace. I believe that our record on this count stands, and speaks, for itself.

Thanks!
Scruple

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:58 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins