> Investigation of allegations of Negligence
LauraSB
post Nov 12 2016, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Heldsman

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,111

Honourable Council members,

This is a formal request for information on the allegation of Lord Naga Yusaki's Negligence of power and also the death of Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah, due to the former allegation.

Could people send personal missives to me at my office, so that I can compile a framework to see if there is need of Judgement and possible sentencing for the above charges. Do not put information here, as to avoid open issues and further loss of honour.

This has nothing to do with possible loss of honour due to persons allegations of deception. This is a matter to be dealt with personally, which I believe if being mediated by Masayoshi Chu. Please do not include information pertaining to this as it simply muddies the water.

Please ensure all information is sent to me by the 18th, so I can commit to a judgement by the 20th. My thanks.

Ningyou Dansu
Keiyaku
Lord of the Crane

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Ningyou Dansu - Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Nov 19 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Heldsman

In Regards to allegations of Negligence that led the death of Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah by Lord Naga Yusaki.

I have had very few statements sent to me on this matter, including none from the accused.

The facts given are indeed clear, Lord Naga Yusaki caused the death of Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah by failing to perform the 'basic' preparation of the Restore to Life Ritual. Of this he is guilty of accidental death, while acting as the advisor for the day.

As a Lord if anyone of my family did this, there would be no doubt they would be put to death in short order. I'm sure Lord Naga Yusaki would do the same to anyone else in his clan should they have done this, As Lords we should always be an example to our clan and family.

As such I deem that Lord Naga Yasaki should indeed sacrifice a portion of his mercenary Vitae to the Lion Clan and thus is sentence to Death as payment to Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah and the Lion Clan is charged to restore him to life in short order after the execution.

Lord Naga Yusaki you are charged to appear before Imperial Executioner (OOC: the desk) for execution before the end of 4th of Deeber and Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah you are charged with supplying a person able to restore Lord Naga Yusaki to life, and do so before his spirit departs this world for it's final time.

Also Lord Naga Yusaki is no longer allowed to advise the Council of Jade in it's missions until a full Casting book is written, including a rune/glyph sheet and at least 2 of the ruling council vote for him to be able to advise again.

Ningyou Dansu
Keiyaku
Lord of the Crane

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Nov 21 2016, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,966

《Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah you are charged with supplying a person able to restore Lord Naga Yusaki to life, and do so before his spirit departs this world for it's final time.》

Lady Dansu-sama

I will ensure this is undertaken with all due speed; it is my wish too that Naga be back with us at the earliest opportunity to continue his defense against the shadow realm.

Tirama of the Shaehan faith who knows Naga well has offered his expert services on this matter.

If Naga or the office of the Honoured Executioner informs me of the appointed time I will humbly request Tirama to be there in advance and I too will be in attendance.

Afterward, if Naga still believes I have in some way dishonoured him we can resolve matters immediately.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah
Clan Daimyo of the Lion

---

OOC - if/when Sam gives over his card to the desk please can it be left in an envelope for Will?

I'm next down on the 4 Dec and will put Tao's card in an envelope too for Will. I don' t want an OOC availability to hold up events and as I know 100% there's no chance that Tao would win a duel I'm happy that if Naga wants a duel he wins! I know it's a LRP game but realistically saves a lot of agro, and if Sam's willing I am to do it like this.

Dave

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Nov 21 2016, 08:00 AM
Post #4

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 188

OOC: I'm not that's rubbish....... happy to ref or find a ref for duel at a convenient time for all concerned.

D

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Nov 21 2016, 08:02 AM
Post #5

Mercenary

Member No.: 188

How about Sunday morning before the shadowdells, I'm sure Chris won't mind a bit of a brief high jack

D

+Quote Post
JackFlashblade
post Nov 21 2016, 12:02 PM
Post #6

Hero

Member No.: 190

Fine by me

Chris

+Quote Post
Abel
post Nov 21 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

OOC: please remember if a duel does take place that the Council of Jade restrictions still apply and will come into effect if the duel begins.

see for reference:

Modern Laws: No member of the Council of Jade may be outlawed, if they become so they no longer gain any benefits until the crime is resolved at which time they may appeal to the Council for full membership again (only by the Guild Sire’s approval). - (if to death, the winner would obviously become an Outlaw)

Unified Council: No member may attack or bring purposeful harm to another member, should this come to be they lose all benefits until the incident is resolved at which time they may appeal to the Council for full membership again (only by the Guild Sire’s approval). - (anyone partaking in the duel with intent to actually strike another, this would apply)

Any disagreements will be civically dealt with by the Leaders of the Council; their decision is final in every case. The only exception in this rule will be cases of Seppuku and this may only be dealt out with permission of the Council Leader or the Emperor.
All cases of this restriction can be judged and dealt with by the Council Leaders in the same fashion as the outlaw restriction

Once Clan always Clan: Once you have joined the Council you may never leave unless expelled by a unified vote of the council (rebirthing releases you also)

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 8519 - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 7975 Council Yojimbo
Dipp - 3060 Awakener (Comms based)
Xeno - 2166 Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Sosen Oku - 1410 Force Priest
Harijan - 1260 Outcast Drowe Scout
Druzil - 1149 Kharmic Sidhe Artificer
Sheltered Grove - 415 Wood Elf High Druid
Lt Benjamin Ford - Nightsoil Grey Knight
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 21 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #8

Mercenary

Member No.: 118

Yeah they need to be review now with the new law structure in place as they no longer work .

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Nov 21 2016, 02:54 PM
Post #9

Heldsman

QUOTE(Naga @ Nov 21 2016, 01:31 PM) *
Yeah they need to be review now with the new law structure in place as they no longer work .

Issue is the is no written law structure to follow, its always been role-play and the lords. The CoJ stuff was to stop us killing each other over petty things....

Dueling could be an exception in certain circumstances I guess.

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post
Abel
post Nov 21 2016, 02:57 PM
Post #10

Hero

QUOTE(Naga @ Nov 21 2016, 01:31 PM) *

They work the same now as they did before, Just fine. You only feel this because they currently don't suit you.

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
Pacey
post Nov 21 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #11

Levy

Member No.: 279

its all new enough to make changes to though. having written laws will make things easier. Whilst the COJ is meant to make us all play together people should still be able to make IC judgements that go against that. we just have to make the rules and restrictions tight enough that it cant be unbalanced without the need to OC decide to behave.

+Quote Post
cripple
post Nov 21 2016, 03:33 PM
Post #12

Hero

Member No.: 686

QUOTE(LauraSB @ Nov 21 2016, 02:54 PM) *
Dueling could be an exception in certain circumstances I guess.

I agree with this... I think they should be changed to include an exception for duels... as dueling is such a huge part of oriental roleplay.

I also think they should be changed so you cant be a member if you are outlawed for crimes against Amlas... as there are many things that can get you outlawed that surely oriental society care nothing about... like too many evil spirits on a hermit list ("all my anscestors were evil, and i harness their power...") or a samurai was insulted by a band of beggars who refused to apologise so he killed them... and he was outlawed for multiple felonies of killing imperial citizens... why would that stop him being a member of the council? as otherwise he would have had to kill himself im shame due to his restrictions.

--------------------
Grant.

i dOnT likE ThE iDea OF PeRmAnEnT... buT i hATe chAnGE!!

+Quote Post
Abel
post Nov 21 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #13

Hero

QUOTE(cripple @ Nov 21 2016, 03:33 PM) *
I agree with this... I think they should be changed to include an exception for duels... as dueling is such a huge part of oriental roleplay.

I also think they should be changed so you cant be a member if you are outlawed for crimes against Amlas... as there are many things that can get you outlawed that surely oriental society care nothing about... like too many evil spirits on a hermit list ("all my anscestors were evil, and i harness their power...")

Likely that if his ancestors were evil, that was probably because they had done dark and harmful things to the Jade Empire in their time, and that person is likely to do the same?

QUOTE(cripple @ Nov 21 2016, 03:33 PM) *
or a samurai was insulted by a band of beggars who refused to apologise so he killed them... and he was outlawed for multiple felonies of killing imperial citizens... why would that stop him being a member of the council? as otherwise he would have had to kill himself im shame due to his restrictions.

The Laws such as peasant killing are not in place yet and I assume that it will likely be addressed in such a way that it would not affect the Samurai in this way, if that were the case. Oriental Laws are different to Labyrinthian Laws (or at least I assume they will be)

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
cripple
post Nov 21 2016, 05:00 PM
Post #14

Hero

QUOTE(Abel @ Nov 21 2016, 03:59 PM) *
Likely that if his ancestors were evil, that was probably because they had done dark and harmful things to the Jade Empire in their time, and that person is likely to do the same?
The Laws such as peasant killing are not in place yet and I assume that it will likely be addressed in such a way that it would not affect the Samurai in this way, if that were the case. Oriental Laws are different to Labyrinthian Laws (or at least I assume they will be)

i meant if a samurai was outlawed in the empire for killing peons... not in Amles.
the guild restrictions currently read if you are outlawed you cant remain in the guild... that means if you were to get outlawed for something in the empire and are not cleared of the charges, thus staying an outlaw, you get kicked out of the council, even if the council has no problem with what you did... something like my example above for not letting their honor being tarnished.

--------------------
Grant.

+Quote Post
Abel
post Nov 21 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #15

Hero

You don't get kicked out, you just can't claim benefits

--------------------
Jules
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
cripple
post Nov 21 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #16

Hero

QUOTE(Abel @ Nov 21 2016, 06:14 PM) *
You don't get kicked out, you just can't claim benefits

That's still the point... The samurai looses his benefits for following his restrictions and a system ruling that has no ic justication for the clan roleplay...

--------------------
Grant.

+Quote Post
sonof
post Nov 21 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #17

GSM

Member No.: 54

Nope,

Being convicted in the labyrinthian empire of a non-system crime ostracises you there rather than outlawing you.

Outlaw - system thing (black guild, ap etc.)
Wolfshead - as outlaw but specifically for party killing.
Ostrasised - wanted in one nation.

Lee

--------------------
Please send points apps to: pointsapp@labyrinthe.co.uk

And send system questions etc. to: Lee@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 21 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #18

Mercenary

Member No.: 118

So basically we need a update.

+Quote Post
isbiraven
post Nov 21 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

Member No.: 98

Why assume that an evil person acts against the emperor???

Riki was a causing priest vampire not so long ago and he served the emperor completely...

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Nov 22 2016, 07:02 AM
Post #20

Militiaman

Member No.: 3,966

QUOTE(duncanmatthias @ Nov 21 2016, 08:02 AM) *
How about Sunday morning before the shadowdells, I'm sure Chris won't mind a bit of a brief high jack

D

Ooc - I've talked to my folks, and with childcare Sunday's not feasible for me unfortunately. Would prefer things IC but don't want things dragging on for months and months til the next Council of Jade I can make which is Feb. Alternatively I'm down on 4 Dec but remember Sam saying he's not around then
Dave

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 11:54 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins