Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Naga Yusaki, Charge of dishonourable negligence
dhurrell
post Nov 9 2016, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,966

It is alleged that Naga Yusaki of the Snake Clan, in the course of completing a mission commissioned by our Honoured Emperor, was grossly negligent in discharging his responsibilities of a shugenja and wu-jen. Among other things this resulted in the wrongful death of a Clan Daimyo.

All those present on the mission of 16 of the last month are to submit a private witness statement of relevant evidence as they saw it to me by 16th of this month.

Evidence will be considered and judgment agreed with the Keiyaku, Ningyou Dansu-sama.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah
Clan Daimyo of the Lion

(OOC - all parties to email via message board please)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 9 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #2

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 118

If you wish to accuse me of dishonable actions then I am happy to accept this as a request for a duel to prove my honour. This duel will be between you and me to the death.

Name your time and place and I will be there waiting for you

Lord Naga Yusaki

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Nov 9 2016, 10:58 PM
Post #3

Militiaman

You are no Lord and I accord you no such honour.

You may submit your evidence like anyone else and this will be given consideration as part of the Right of Law.

If you disagree with the Emperor's Right, you may of course report accordingly and show your dissatisfaction in the usual way.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 9 2016, 10:59 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Well then as you have openly insulted me next time I see you I will kill you

Lord Naga Yusaki

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Nov 9 2016, 11:28 PM
Post #5

Heldsman

Member No.: 1,111

An appointed 'magistrate' and honoured lord that has be sanctioned by the empower had made a request to investigate actions commited last month. If a duel was to be the choice of disputing the accusation, I would or would not give permission. Simply saying you will simply kill a Honoured Damiyo of the lands when you see him next..is not done. I will consider that your words were said out of anger and you may retract them and we shall start this investigation from its start. After all this is indeed new to us.

Please consider my words carefully before further anger.

--------------------
Laura

Known to occasionally play;

Ningyou Dansu - Honoured One, Celestial Mind (Mystic plus)
Supai- Awakener
Serenity - Tainted Ramillion shard, Absent Blade (budoka/ warrior priest)
Esmerelda Dawbringer - Human Noble, Pure Priest
Lilith Darkthorn - Blauz, Assassin/Wizard
Bayushi Nanori - Amles Human, Warrior
Devana - Nightsoil, Silver Wizard
Opal - Dwarf, 'stone' Guardian (forest guardian)

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 10 2016, 12:11 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Lady Ningyou Dansu-sama

He is a coward hiding behind politics and not seeking me face to face to resolve his issue which I discussed with him and an apology was accepted. If he believes I am wrong then I am happy to prove this in a duel with him as is the way in our lands.

Lord Naga Yusaki
Damiyo of the Snake Clan
Warlord of the Shadow lands
The Celestial Aspect of Undeath and Kami

+Quote Post
Abel
post Nov 10 2016, 01:12 AM
Post #7

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

Lords and Ladies,

Rather than this descent into violence that would displease the Emperor in this time of tranquillity and peace (other than the minor nuisance of the Wolf Cult), and perhaps considering that the complainant is Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah-sama, that another Magistrate preside over this, rather than cause shadowed doubt over proceedings?

Lord Yusaki, (and he is a Lord, the Emperors records attest to this regardless of his honourable standing) has the right to a fair trial. However, Lords dueling without the Emperors permission is forbidden, remember you place in the celestial order, the Emperors word is Law. None may argue this. However, considering that Lord Yusaki's honour is in question here and the correct paperwork is strangely absent, it is unfortunate that trial by peers will not be an option, nor will trial by combat.

Should this paperwork find it's way to the surface (and I'm sure it will), then a Daimyo's trial can involve these things. Otherwise, I am sorry to say, Lord Yusaki would be needed to be put to trail as any other commonfolk would be. No offence, not slight to honour is intended here, only clarity so that my information would cross over correctly.

Should, and I hope this would not come to pass as I have seen and heard Lord Yusaki to be a man of honour, Lord Yusaki be found to have brought any harm to Lord Masaru, it would have to be treated as a mercanary killing another and a price would be put out for him as per usual, unless he hands himself in, at which time the assault would need to be dealt with as such. However I am very sure none of this would need to come to pass.

With Honour,

Sosen Oku
Emperors Ambassador
Dragon Magistrate

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 8519 - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 7975 Council Yojimbo
Dipp - 3060 Awakener (Comms based)
Xeno - 2166 Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Sosen Oku - 1410 Force Priest
Harijan - 1260 Outcast Drowe Scout
Druzil - 1149 Kharmic Sidhe Artificer
Sheltered Grove - 415 Wood Elf High Druid
Lt Benjamin Ford - Nightsoil Grey Knight
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
TimTreadwell
post Nov 10 2016, 02:48 AM
Post #8

Hero

Member No.: 155

Ah, My Lord Naga.
The box where messages sit,
Has no room in it.

Kumo Haruld.

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 10 2016, 02:50 AM
Post #9

Mercenary

QUOTE(TimTreadwell @ Nov 10 2016, 02:48 AM) *
Ah, My Lord Naga.
The box where messages sit,
Has no room in it.

Kumo Haruld.

It does now

Lord Naga

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Nov 10 2016, 07:00 AM
Post #10

Militiaman

QUOTE(Naga @ Nov 10 2016, 12:11 AM) *
Lady Ningyou Dansu-sama

He is a coward hiding behind politics and not seeking me face to face to resolve his issue which I discussed with him and an apology was accepted. If he believes I am wrong then I am happy to prove this in a duel with him as is the way in our lands.

Lord Naga Yusaki
Damiyo of the Snake Clan
Warlord of the Shadow lands
The Celestial Aspect of Undeath and Kami

Naga

Your memory certainly differs from mine. I have been patient and waited a near full cycle of the moon to see whether with time you would reflect on the dishonour caused and give an apology as no such was accorded at the time. The words "well, I've always said I'm a sh*t priest" in my view do not correspond to any attempt to address the insult caused.

It has been necessary therefore for me to instruct you in honour and courtesy through the Right of Law.

You have already killed me once. I do not understand what you hope to achieve by killing me again; I am at peace with the fact that you could achieve this. You are a being of significant potency. My concern for the Council and the wider lands is that your competence in wielding such power is lacking and this risk is unacceptable.

The commonfolk in the last mission questioned your Nobility. If I had been accorded any basic level of courtesy following your actions then perhaps I would not have also had to question such.

Additionally, a man of true nobility would appreciate that diplomacy is a weapon of equal potency to brute strength of arms. It is saddening, but not surprising, that you perceive this as cowardice.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah

Sosen Oku-sama - you speak wise words as expected. If another magistrate is willing to face the abuse and death threats from such a being then I would welcome the additional impartiality.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah

+Quote Post
duncanmatthias
post Nov 10 2016, 07:40 AM
Post #11

Mercenary

Member No.: 188

For centuries our lands Samurai have acted in matters of law, as judge, jury and executioner. Should a peasant not bow to a Samurai, it is the way of our land that the Samurai may judge the peasant himself and if found guilty may also carry out the sentence himself.

Whilst our land is developing a more modern legal system when dealing with mercenaries, it is not the intention for us to lose our history or culture. As such if a crime has been committed by one from our land against another from our land, the Rite of Law may always be used, however in this modern time of mercenaries it is wise that the Keiyaku ratify the judgment before sentence is carried out.

I word like to say the example given has no relevance or bearing on this case other than to highlight our traditions. It is in no way intended to be likened to anyone at present other than to offer guidance.

Woodrow Panama

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 10 2016, 08:20 AM
Post #12

Mercenary

QUOTE(dhurrell @ Nov 10 2016, 07:00 AM) *
Naga

Your memory certainly differs from mine. I have been patient and waited a near full cycle of the moon to see whether with time you would reflect on the dishonour caused and give an apology as no such was accorded at the time. The words "well, I've always said I'm a sh*t priest" in my view do not correspond to any attempt to address the insult caused.

It has been necessary therefore for me to instruct you in honour and courtesy through the Right of Law.

You have already killed me once. I do not understand what you hope to achieve by killing me again; I am at peace with the fact that you could achieve this. You are a being of significant potency. My concern for the Council and the wider lands is that your competence in wielding such power is lacking and this risk is unacceptable.

The commonfolk in the last mission questioned your Nobility. If I had been accorded any basic level of courtesy following your actions then perhaps I would not have also had to question such.

Additionally, a man of true nobility would appreciate that diplomacy is a weapon of equal potency to brute strength of arms. It is saddening, but not surprising, that you perceive this as cowardice.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah

Sosen Oku-sama - you speak wise words as expected. If another magistrate is willing to face the abuse and death threats from such a being then I would welcome the additional impartiality.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah

Go ahead and judge me and my actions I won't judge you for all the times you were not there,when our lands have needed you and when primus has needed you.

For years our clans have been friends but you could not give me the courtisy to say you are feeling upset at me. This is why your a coward.

You have shown me no respect and that is why I demand satisfaction regardless to this ruling and judgment that is something I will not forgive. As before I will take time out of my duty defending the land to duel you to satisfy my honour.

Lord Naga

+Quote Post
Abel
post Nov 10 2016, 09:45 AM
Post #13

Hero

Member No.: 1,166

So much fighting, young ones. *sigh* I hoped that I would see the future a peacful and tranquil place, where men's pride would not cause aggrivation between brothers. In fact this very situation reminds me of a Tale I heard as a young man, if you would indulge me:

"There once was a beetle which came upon a lump of cow dung. He worked himself into it and liking what he saw, he invited his friends to join him in building a city in it.
After working feverishly for a few days they built a magnificent `city´ in the dung and feeling very proud of their achievement they decided to elect the first beetle as their king.
Now to honour their new `king´ they organised a grand parade through their `city´.
While these impressive proceedings were taking place, An elephant happened to pass by and seeing the lump of cow dung he lifted his foot to avoid stepping on it. The king beetle saw the elephant and angrily shouted at the huge beast.
`Hey you! Don´t you have any respect for royalty? Don´t you know it is rude to lift your leg over my majestic head? Apologies at once or I´ll have you punished.´
The elephant looked down and said,
`Your most gracious majesty, I humbly crave your pardon.´
Thus saying he knelt down on the lump of cow dung and crushed king, city, citizens and pride in one act of obeisance."

Perhaps this could be solved by an apology from one person to another, then someone putting their pride away and accepting the apology. People often make mistakes, some more severe than others, granted. Come, come young ones, everyone hug and make up

Sueing Lo
Ancestor of the Crane

--------------------
Jules
Seth/800 Blades - 8519 - Pure Priest/Budoka/White Wizard
Kazan Toshimoko - 7975 Council Yojimbo
Dipp - 3060 Awakener (Comms based)
Xeno - 2166 Ivory Warrior/Wizard
Sosen Oku - 1410 Force Priest
Harijan - 1260 Outcast Drowe Scout
Druzil - 1149 Kharmic Sidhe Artificer
Sheltered Grove - 415 Wood Elf High Druid
Lt Benjamin Ford - Nightsoil Grey Knight
-
Abel - RIP (21/08/15)

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Nov 10 2016, 09:51 AM
Post #14

Militiaman

QUOTE(Naga @ Nov 10 2016, 08:20 AM) *
Go ahead and judge me and my actions I won't judge you for all the times you were not there,when our lands have needed you and when primus has needed you.

For years our clans have been friends but you could not give me the courtisy to say you are feeling upset at me. This is why your a coward.

You have shown me no respect and that is why I demand satisfaction regardless to this ruling and judgment that is something I will not forgive. As before I will take time out of my duty defending the land to duel you to satisfy my honour.

Lord Naga

An apology asked for is not given of good conscience, and therefore has no value. However the personal slight is not my main concern.

You are a danger to these lands for as long as you lack skill in applying your power. For this you must be judged, and the risk mitigated lest you cause further death and destruction.

Once the Law is applied, you may act as you deem necessary. I will not hide.

I suggest you make a statement for due consideration - I do not pretend to omniscience and there may well be facts I have yet to be knowledgeable.

I respect the Snake and I have no animosity to the Snake Clan. I respect your past deeds and bravery. This is however irrelevant to current danger to those I have a duty to protect.

An aged hound who
Bites despite past loyalty
Needs to be put down

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Nov 10 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #15

Heldsman

Lets make matters clear.

Lord Masaru Tao Chai Talibah, you may request an inquest in Lord Naga's actions on the 16th day of last month which lead to your death. But you may not judge it. As An Honoured lord you have the right to do so against another Lord. You should have considered speaking with Lord Naga privately first of your grievance, but I realize the Lion is known for being head strong.

Lord Naga Yusaki, you must realize that honor dictated that Lord Masaru Tao Chai Taliban would not seek an apology, but would require it. He heard none, thus he has decided to escalate the matter. If you insist on a duel or outright murder... well, I shall leave this here to consider. But please, calm your anger my lord, you are the Snake, think on this.

We are a land on honour and law. I ask you all to show it.

On a side note Lord Naga, The comment of 'I won't judge you for all the times you were not there,when our lands have needed you and when primus has needed you.' Must and will be detracted, many times different clans and Lords could not be at historical events that shaped the land and primus. It is a invalid statement for this discussion.

Lord Ningyou Dansu of The Crane

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post
Pacey
post Nov 10 2016, 10:47 AM
Post #16

Levy

Member No.: 279

My Lords.

I would normally offer my services as magistrate to preside over this trial but as I am of the Snake I fear any judgements could be seem as impartial.

Words have been spoken in anger, accusations made and honour questioned which is rarely forgotten even if forgiven. However our culture is a fortunate one, We are not mindless westerners with various shades of grey tainting law and honour, we have clear and defined laws and customs. We have the Emperors word and will to guide our actions. Pride is not enough to dictate action. We are all subject to the Emperor and the law.

Whilst I should not be the man to preside over a trial I am offering my services to mediate further discussion between the most honourable Lords Naga and Masaru.
Before matters decline further I would like to suggest food for thought for all involved.

The original accusation was that of negligence - I believe the act in question was that Lord Naga performed a resurrection without a protection from evil spirits, this resulted in the summonation of a Death Knight that took the life of Lord Masaru.
If we consider this through the eyes of the law it was not the hand of Lord Naga that took Lord Masarus' life as such no blame can be laid at his feet unless there is cause to believe the summonation was in fact a deliberate act to cause such result.
This then transmutes the charge to one of incompetence. A mistake was made that caused a loss of life. If we are to punish each mistake made the world will soon see an end of our race. Lord Naga has such skill and offered his services as advisor but the mistake was unquestionably his. I leave it to each of you to decide if you think such a mistake is worth trail, although I would have to research the laws to find what a suitable punishment for this would be.
We then move this case forward to a question of honour. Lord Masaru questions the honour of Lord Naga and the same is returned.
Honour and obedience is what our very civilisation is built upon and I believe is truly what we are now discussing. An apology was given but without the correct sincerity that it deserved. This is the matter on which both parties should concentrate.
A duel has been called for. Again I offer my thoughts on this. A duel can only be a useful tool of trail between two parties of equal experience, It should also sadden each of us should such a loss of life be the result.

Whilst it is not unknown I feel it is unseemly for Lords of clans to be such odds. There is nothing that cannot be resolved with patience, wisdom and a mindfulness to the codes of conduct we all obey.

My Lord Naga and my Lord Masaru. Will you allow me to mediate a discussion between you both before further action is decided?

With Honour

Masayoshi Chu.

+Quote Post
LauraSB
post Nov 10 2016, 12:33 PM
Post #17

Heldsman

Masayoshi Chu, Your word are wise and I hope Lord Naga and Lord Masaru will consider them. The charge of incompetence I will invesigate and Trail. The issue of dishonour is one I agree that Masayoshi Chu can mediate due to postion, wisdom and indeed Calmess.

Ningyou Dansu

And Masayoshi Chu, I wish you were born to the Crane.

QUOTE(Pacey @ Nov 10 2016, 10:47 AM) *
My Lords.

I would normally offer my services as magistrate to preside over this trial but as I am of the Snake I fear any judgements could be seem as impartial.

Words have been spoken in anger, accusations made and honour questioned which is rarely forgotten even if forgiven. However our culture is a fortunate one, We are not mindless westerners with various shades of grey tainting law and honour, we have clear and defined laws and customs. We have the Emperors word and will to guide our actions. Pride is not enough to dictate action. We are all subject to the Emperor and the law.

Whilst I should not be the man to preside over a trial I am offering my services to mediate further discussion between the most honourable Lords Naga and Masaru.
Before matters decline further I would like to suggest food for thought for all involved.

The original accusation was that of negligence - I believe the act in question was that Lord Naga performed a resurrection without a protection from evil spirits, this resulted in the summonation of a Death Knight that took the life of Lord Masaru.
If we consider this through the eyes of the law it was not the hand of Lord Naga that took Lord Masarus' life as such no blame can be laid at his feet unless there is cause to believe the summonation was in fact a deliberate act to cause such result.
This then transmutes the charge to one of incompetence. A mistake was made that caused a loss of life. If we are to punish each mistake made the world will soon see an end of our race. Lord Naga has such skill and offered his services as advisor but the mistake was unquestionably his. I leave it to each of you to decide if you think such a mistake is worth trail, although I would have to research the laws to find what a suitable punishment for this would be.
We then move this case forward to a question of honour. Lord Masaru questions the honour of Lord Naga and the same is returned.
Honour and obedience is what our very civilisation is built upon and I believe is truly what we are now discussing. An apology was given but without the correct sincerity that it deserved. This is the matter on which both parties should concentrate.
A duel has been called for. Again I offer my thoughts on this. A duel can only be a useful tool of trail between two parties of equal experience, It should also sadden each of us should such a loss of life be the result.

Whilst it is not unknown I feel it is unseemly for Lords of clans to be such odds. There is nothing that cannot be resolved with patience, wisdom and a mindfulness to the codes of conduct we all obey.

My Lord Naga and my Lord Masaru. Will you allow me to mediate a discussion between you both before further action is decided?

With Honour

Masayoshi Chu.

--------------------
Laura

Supai- Awakener

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Nov 10 2016, 12:57 PM
Post #18

Militiaman

The key point for trial is:

- a being within our lands and subject to our laws wields formidable power over life and death. There was misuse of this power over the course of a mission, which at its worst resulted in the death of a Clan Daimyo. There also remains a risk of future harm upto and including death to others.

Damsu-sama, if you believe I am unable to act as magistrate on this matter please appoint another.

Masayoshi Chu-sama, the fact that the death was mine changes nothing in terms of my view on the seriousness of what transpired; I would follow the same course if it was the death of any other. I am of course disappointed given our history that Naga did not see fit to apologise for the personal slight but given what else is at stake here I care not for pursuing this matter formally. This aspect should not impinge on the enaction of the Right of Law.

Masaru Tao Chai Talibah

+Quote Post
Naga
post Nov 10 2016, 04:52 PM
Post #19

Mercenary

You obviously have no idea of what a celestral aspect is or what my role is as that aspect.

I am curious what is the outcome you want from all of this?

Lord Naga

+Quote Post
dhurrell
post Nov 10 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #20

Militiaman

QUOTE(Naga @ Nov 10 2016, 04:52 PM) *
You obviously have no idea of what a celestral aspect is or what my role is as that aspect.

I am curious what is the outcome you want from all of this?

Lord Naga

If the allegation is proven, then a swift death and resurrection would be fitting for the past negligence, as in the extreme scenario the death was swift and you arranged the resurrection.

For the future risk to the lands, some form of intensive training on the ways of shugenja and wu-jen so that you are less likely to repeat the offence and harm others. Other fitting options may include a period of supervision, or if deemed sufficiently severe then perhaps banishment until sufficient competency is assured.

Tao

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 03:50 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins