Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Witcher 3 wild hunt
Elferrick
post May 18 2015, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,270

So in ten minutes I'll be able to unlock my preorder and see the newest version of a great success. Always good to kill some monsters before venturing down the caves.....

Next: was it worth loosing valuable sleep for a game?

--------------------
Wayne
Institute.labby@Gmail.com

Vargo Radule D'Treal - Ancientfolk Wizard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elferrick
post May 20 2015, 07:24 AM
Post #2

Militiaman

Wow. The witcher 3 is impressive, graphics that are sharp and game play that lacks lag(load screens are at a minimum).
If you have played the last two games in the series then your going to have to learn a new set of controls, so I advise the tutorials the first time you play. Once in the game prepare to lose sleep, friends maybe wives as you become immersed in this beautiful game. Truly though the Devs have done us proud.

--------------------
Wayne

+Quote Post
gormaden
post May 20 2015, 07:28 AM
Post #3

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,327

Do I need to play the 1st 2 to understand the plot/world? I kind of gave up 10 mins into Witcher 2 as I didnt grip me at all. Unlike Mass Effect, althought agreed with popular opinion that the whole series was great until the last 10 mins of WTF - 120 hours of plot/story ruined by this rather sloppy child god ending?

--------------------
Marcos
Lucien Hollowfall - Phoenix Warlock
Flint - Ratfolk "warrior"
Huskar - The KRAKAN
Boglo - Weapons Priest
Borin - Elder Fey Blue Mage

+Quote Post
Elferrick
post May 20 2015, 12:55 PM
Post #4

Militiaman

In a nutshell no!

The options at the start are to use your save from a completed witcher 2(honestly don't know anyone that has one). Use the simulated save of W2 or go free world. Each comes with difficulty from easy to oh [----] I'm dead again.

At the moment I'm using the second option as I know the story from the books. But! And this is in other reviews too. The witcher 3 Base story doesn't feel like the be all and end all of the game. Rather the side missions are the all important monster killing life, with the Base story used to carry you through the world.
In all honesty you could play this as a stand alone. I think I'll be using this one over the second just for the free reign.

--------------------
Wayne

+Quote Post
Elferrick
post May 26 2015, 09:21 AM
Post #5

Militiaman

Well for anyone that reads this here's the number one tip for the Witcher 3. Knowledge is your best weapon. The noonwraith proves this as by just following the beastery you can defeat her with minimal fuss and expense. So don't part with your money at the herbalist for a spectral oil, you don't need it. Saddle bags are an excellent way to spend cash however as it allows you to carry far more goodies, and all us Labyrinthe hoarders like to do that.

--------------------
Wayne

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:18 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins