Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Message to Lady Neko
post Mar 23 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

*Written with a great deal of skill in calligraphy.*

'Lady Neko,

It is with great regret that I must return from the Western lands to the Jade Empire. Over the past few months, I have been following on leads with regards to the recent pollution of potions in our own lands. I traveled to the cities of Keys, Deci and several other major cities of the Westerners. This lead to Halgar and I found myself under the employment of one known as Father Fitzpatrick in the village of Burek. This lead turned up to be false, but I took employment to continue my travels and soon found myself having to work with a group of dishonourable Gaijin.

We discovered a curious underground cavern complex beneath our tavern, filled with pools of acid and an affinity with black magic. Exploring this place, I found myself struggling with corruption from an entity unknown to me. This power, has brought much negative energy to my spirit. I struggled to keep the balance for sometime, fighting off this demon, but I have to come to the understanding that perhaps this negative energy should not be struggled with, instead allowed to flow like water.

Those I traveled with, suddenly saw me as a threat despite no action by myself on them. I defeated many enemies that stood in our way that day, using the arts taught to us. I plucked out a barbarian's eye with a descending eagle strike. They however, did not seem to relish the spirit of battle, again, something I found strange. I was about to crush the last of the barbarian's skull when all was suddenly black. I awoke and they cast spells of binding, fire and struck me with weapon until I fell. I decended upon them like a hail of arrows, crippling a mage. In the battle, I lost consciousness.

I rose again, the negative energy somehow regenerating my body and spirit. They drew weapon, and I retreated to the darkness to study them and prepare for an inevitable battle.

I now return to our homeland and submit myself to your judgement. I am considered outlawed in their lands. My loyalty lies with the Jade Emperor, and my family.

No insult shall ever go unavenged.

Pai.'
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Mar 25 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Militiaman

Group: Members
Member No.: 263

Pai San

I am Lady Kili Panama and have been in discussions with Lady Neko regarding the information you have provided below,
obviously this is a grave matter and one that must be considered carefully once all the facts have been presented to our
Lord. This will be done shortly and then we will await our Lords decision on this matter.
I understand that if you had been under some sort of control from another being/person or entity then you would probably
not be outlawed in the west as these things can occur, and is generally not the fault of the one being controlled. So please
correct me if I am wrong, you were under no outside influence when you took the actions you describe below.
Are you also saying that at the time your fellow companions of the west struck out at you first ?
Is this because though they felt you were being controlled and therefore a danger to them ?
We will of course check all the details of the events you have described to ensure that our Lord can make an informed decision.

I will ensure this message reaches are Lord swiftly

Lady Kili Panama
Ambassador of the Celestial Emperor

QUOTE(Pai @ Mar 23 2015, 08:35 PM) *
*Written with a great deal of skill in calligraphy.*

'Lady Neko,

It is with great regret that I must return from the Western lands to the Jade Empire. Over the past few months, I have been following on leads with regards to the recent pollution of potions in our own lands. I traveled to the cities of Keys, Deci and several other major cities of the Westerners. This lead to Halgar and I found myself under the employment of one known as Father Fitzpatrick in the village of Burek. This lead turned up to be false, but I took employment to continue my travels and soon found myself having to work with a group of dishonourable Gaijin.

We discovered a curious underground cavern complex beneath our tavern, filled with pools of acid and an affinity with black magic. Exploring this place, I found myself struggling with corruption from an entity unknown to me. This power, has brought much negative energy to my spirit. I struggled to keep the balance for sometime, fighting off this demon, but I have to come to the understanding that perhaps this negative energy should not be struggled with, instead allowed to flow like water.

Those I traveled with, suddenly saw me as a threat despite no action by myself on them. I defeated many enemies that stood in our way that day, using the arts taught to us. I plucked out a barbarian's eye with a descending eagle strike. They however, did not seem to relish the spirit of battle, again, something I found strange. I was about to crush the last of the barbarian's skull when all was suddenly black. I awoke and they cast spells of binding, fire and struck me with weapon until I fell. I decended upon them like a hail of arrows, crippling a mage. In the battle, I lost consciousness.

I rose again, the negative energy somehow regenerating my body and spirit. They drew weapon, and I retreated to the darkness to study them and prepare for an inevitable battle.

I now return to our homeland and submit myself to your judgement. I am considered outlawed in their lands. My loyalty lies with the Jade Emperor, and my family.

No insult shall ever go unavenged.

Pai.'

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 21K
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 11K
Tweegle - Jade Budoka/wizard 8K (Not a thief or a Liar)

+Quote Post
post Mar 25 2015, 01:39 PM
Post #3

Group:

'Greetings Lady Kili,

Please accept my apologies for disturbing yourself and Lady Neko during these troubled times.

The entity which regenerated my form did not speak to me directly and I felt that I was able to continue on my own free will. That said, I found dark feelings and thoughts began to cloud my vision. I recognised this as something that was slowly corrupting me and pulling me away from the path of balance. However, I am familiar with the ways of the Shukenja and Wujen and did not feel that I was under the effects of miracle nor spell, but something else entirely.

Hai, the others I was accompanying struck at me first, three of them took direct action on myself. One using powers of the earth, another with steel and the Wujen, with fire. I replied with a flurry of strikes, killing the Wujen.

I do believe the influence of the entity upon myself may have frightened them somewhat, causing them to attack me. I raised no fist against them, but the darkness sweeping across me forced me to use various breathing and ki techniques to maintain clarity. Perhaps that is what lead to them believing I would strike them.

Domo,

Pai.'

+Quote Post
SteveBatchelor
post Mar 29 2015, 11:09 PM
Post #4

Militiaman

Member No.: 281

This is incredibly simple to answer, providing we have the answer to these two questions. I'd like these to be addressed as soon as possible.

Firstly, were you under the direct control and suggestion of another being?

If not then why were you conducting yourself in the manner you describe?

Once I have this information, we can proceed.

If you were not under any form of controlling influence and did not attack first, then what happened was self defence and no retribution should be levelled upon you by The Western Empire.

If, however, your colleagues were deemed to be acting in self defence then, as I have always said, you stand on your own in the West. If you choose to venture there, then remember you are a guest and you are subject to their laws.

Khyryhm Panama

+Quote Post
post Mar 30 2015, 11:37 PM
Post #5

Group:

'My Lord Khyryhm,

You honour me by addressing this matter.

Please accept my most humble apologies for drawing your attention away from matters of more importance to the Emperor and Jade Empire.

I was under no direct control from the Entity that I have spoken of. I heard no voice, and had no communication with this Entity. However, strange thoughts and ideals began to enter my consciousness during our explorations, changing my perception of life. I understood this as corruption of my spirit, which I fought internally but managed to keep at bay with meditation and breathing techniques. Visions of ebony tendrils enter my mind, they are quickly pushed away.

People who look at the balance of Ki within my body now see an aura of black, rather than the grey that once was. I have not drawn any blood since that day as a precaution.

The mercenaries may have thought I was under control of this entity, but my Lord, you have my solemn word that I did not attack nor cause them any harm until I was struck first.

I can see no issue with my actions that day, I defeated the enemies that stood in our way and offered my skill and assistance as best as I could, while honouring our family. However, I am now considered outlaw in their lands and thus, to avoid any further conflict, I return home.

I submit myself to your judgement.

Pai.'

+Quote Post
darkrule233
post Mar 31 2015, 07:37 AM
Post #6

Mercenary

Member No.: 2,240

Hi all!
Sorry for getting I. On your matters but Tommy told me I should probably help here!

My name is Jerry. I was with this brave strong mercenary when he did these things (but don't tell mummy!!)
Anyway, a really really long story short, he got back up (cool!) from death and just began to walk straight away.

The red wizard of our group took this as an opportunity to strike!!
So, she smacked him round the face with a burning hand of fire!!!!!

He, in reaction, began to use his really really cool martial art skills against her and she dropped!
Then, in reaction to this, he peon of our group began to hit him in the back with an axe!

So, lots of really cool stuff happened.
I want to go again!!

Jerry
(Don't tell mummy!)

--------------------
Callum Kenney

Known to play:
Kassadin - tryst pure priest
Argonic - frost giant warrior (smurf)
Jacob - human pure priest
Yomi Kodama Panama - Tea Maker

+Quote Post
KatSables
post Mar 31 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #7

Mercenary

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 26

Pai,

Without going into details of what happened on this mission you are simply outlawed within all lands for killing another mercenary. I suggest you hand yourself to a magistrate to be judged for your crime and then come back to be judged by our Lord. Our Lord has strictly given all members of this house to uphold the law within the west, only he can judge you on your actions within the family.

However if you are caught on another mission without handing yourself to a magistrate of the west another mercenary can just simply kill you and claim 5000G for your head. I believe this is called a 'free one'

My Lord apologies for interrupting but I would not want Pai to think he is excluded from the eyes of the seers. They see all after all.

Yours

Neko Panama

--------------------
Kat
kat@labyrinthe.co.uk

+Quote Post
SteveBatchelor
post Mar 31 2015, 04:35 PM
Post #8

Militiaman

Good morning,

Let us please not get drawn into complicated conversations, and I do not need any further input from other labyrinthian mercenaries at this time.

I would like one of our family to commune and get the answers to the questions I posed before.

1) Was Pai under the influence of ANY outside controlling influence at the time he was attacked by his fellow mercenaries?
2) Did he provoke, or attack, his fellow party members such that they deemed him to be a threat and thus they acted in self defense?
3) Did Pai act in purest self defense when he struck his fellow mercenaries?

It seems that these answers exist already since he has been outlawed, which would not generally be the case if he had acted in self defense. However, I want these answers gathered by a member of My household as soon as possible.

I will not proceed with any judgement until we have this information.

If we are unable to find a seer in the grounds, Pai can you tell me who I need to address to get these answers directly myself.

I will await that which we need.

+Quote Post
SteveBatchelor
post Mar 31 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #9

Militiaman

Lady Kili and Thryn,

To avoid the voices of too many people clouding the waters of this, I would ask the two of you to investigate this for me please. It appears straight forward and I would like to draw a conclusion to it as swiftly as possible for the sake of all involved moving on.

I thank you.

Khyryhm.

+Quote Post
post Mar 31 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #10

Group:

'My lord,

1. The entity brought me back from the dead and changed the alignment of my ki. I was under no orders from this being, but still under it's influence or I would not be alive today.

2. No, I never attacked, provoked or initated any hostile action against the mercenaries, until struck myself. I would not dishonour the family's name with such actions.

3. Hai, it was in purest self defence. The Wujen's spell could have easily killed me, I replied with blows in self defence. I could not allow that insult to go unavenged.

That is why I have left the Western lands as I have been outlawed unfairly. According to the law, should it not be the Wujen and Peon that faces judgement?

If it is deemed otherwise, I will happily commit Seppuku.

To have not fought back would have resulted in my death. Our initial contract was with a 'Father Fitzpatrick'. Perhaps he has retained a record of his hire.

Domo,

Pai.'

+Quote Post
KevinRye
post Mar 31 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #11

Peon

Member No.: 358

QUOTE(Loric @ Mar 31 2015, 05:48 PM) *
'My lord,

1. The entity brought me back from the dead and changed the alignment of my ki. I was under no orders from this being, but still under it's influence or I would not be alive today.

2. No, I never attacked, provoked or initated any hostile action against the mercenaries, until struck myself. I would not dishonour the family's name with such actions.

3. Hai, it was in purest self defence. The Wujen's spell could have easily killed me, I replied with blows in self defence. I could not allow that insult to go unavenged.

That is why I have left the Western lands as I have been outlawed unfairly. According to the law, should it not be the Wujen and Peon that faces judgement?

If it is deemed otherwise, I will happily commit Seppuku.

To have not fought back would have resulted in my death. Our initial contract was with a 'Father Fitzpatrick'. Perhaps he has retained a record of his hire.

Domo,

Pai.'

Ooc : I received an alignment shift and roleplayed as such. The party got scared and attacked me first, I killed the mage and was told I was outlawed.

Who was the ref?

+Quote Post
post Mar 31 2015, 08:20 PM
Post #12

Group:

QUOTE(KevinRye @ Mar 31 2015, 08:06 PM) *
Who was the ref?

Benson. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Apr 1 2015, 05:39 AM
Post #13

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

QUOTE(Loric @ Mar 31 2015, 05:48 PM) *
Ooc : I received an alignment shift and roleplayed as such. The party got scared and attacked me first, I killed the mage and was told I was outlawed.

Yep - that is the way it works. Killing another PC, even in self defence, gets you Outlawed. It's an automatic process and part of the game rules. Normaly the only way out of it is to hand yourself in for IC judement to a relevent PC.
_
Pete

+Quote Post
post Apr 1 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #14

Group:

QUOTE(Sizel @ Apr 1 2015, 06:39 AM) *
Yep - that is the way it works. Killing another PC, even in self defence, gets you Outlawed. It's an automatic process and part of the game rules. Normaly the only way out of it is to hand yourself in for IC judement to a relevent PC.
_
Pete

Ok, that can be easily abused tho, what if I strike someone a few times and they run into a wall of fire and die?

If said fire mage is shocking me to the head, should I run as a Panama Budoka? I figured he would stand and fight?

I'll go with whatever judgement you guys choose, it makes interesting roleplaying regardless. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sizel
post Apr 1 2015, 10:30 AM
Post #15

Mercenary

Member No.: 176

QUOTE(Loric @ Apr 1 2015, 11:11 AM) *
Ok, that can be easily abused tho

It can, true.
It's a rule that's a hold over from some long ago dark days when it was common practice for people to play characters who just preyed upon other PCs.
There was a lot of party killing, to the point where lots of people just upped and stopped playing.

It might not be needed any more (as people have generally grown up a bit since then) but it does mean there's a consequence to just murdering people, and that's probably a good thing.

what if I strike someone a few times and they run into a wall of fire and die?

It's down to refs to adjudicate things on event, but the default is "if you kill someone, you get outlawed".
Not "if you attack someone, who dies an hour later because they happened to still be hurt from your earlier attack"

If said fire mage is shocking me to the head, should I run as a Panama Budoka? I figured he would stand and fight?
I'll go with whatever judgement you guys choose, it makes interesting roleplaying regardless. smile.gif

You're likely right, and it's down to you to role-play your character the way you want to.
No-one's saying that "what you did was wrong" in an OOC judgmental way. In fact I suspect the opposite: It was one of those situations where role-playing well has got you into a pickle!
It was just against IC laws, and the game set up is that you are automatically, OOC, outlawed when you kill someone.

There is a mechanism in place for situations like this: You can, IC, speak to the appropriate authorities, explain the situation, and hope for clemency.
It's quite possible to get the Outlaw status removed.
_
Pete

+Quote Post
post Apr 1 2015, 12:18 PM
Post #16

Group:

I remember in the 90's PKing being more prevalent, so I can understand why it was put in place. I just figured because he was struck first, that I would be considered innocent / under investigation and then would be outlawed if guilty, that's why I was scratching my head. I just figured from those thoughts, Pai would have considered himself misjudged and that's why I returned to the Jade Lands. It'll all get sorted out via roleplay I'm sure.

Cheers!

Nick smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nibs
post Apr 1 2015, 12:32 PM
Post #17

Militiaman

Member No.: 388

Under imperial law you are guilty until proven innocent. This isn't the real world and things are quite harsh! smile.gif

The IC boards have any number of posts from over the years of the various magistrates asking for statements from witnesses and then passing judgement on people.

Sounds like this could all turn into something very interesting IC smile.gif

--------------------
Nibs
Plays:
[REDACTED] Tarkin (Black Seer)
Tubbs (750pts Border Friar)
Shugoki (250pts Amlesian ogre magi warrior of the jewel)

+Quote Post
KevinRye
post Apr 1 2015, 01:07 PM
Post #18

Peon

Member No.: 358

QUOTE(Nibs @ Apr 1 2015, 01:32 PM) *
Under imperial law you are guilty until proven innocent. This isn't the real world and things are quite harsh! smile.gif

The IC boards have any number of posts from over the years of the various magistrates asking for statements from witnesses and then passing judgement on people.

Sounds like this could all turn into something very interesting IC smile.gif

Pai sama

For now I would consider yourself under house arrest. You may stay at my compound or your monastery, whichever you prefer. You must be available to travel to the Empire if required. I am looking in to this but you must face justice in the Empire whatever they decide.

It might take a few weeks but a judgement must be given.

You must also not be seen to be obstructing it so you may be required to spend time at the Empire's pleasure.

Leave it with me for the moment

Thyrn Rhys Diablo Panama
Ambassador to the West

+Quote Post
post Apr 1 2015, 01:27 PM
Post #19

Group:

'Ambassador Thyrn,

I have already begun to pack my belongings to head to your compound and will stay in your company until this matter is resolved.

I will obey the law to the letter and should arrive at your compound over the next week.

Domo,

Pai.'

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Apr 1 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #20

Militiaman

Member No.: 263

My Lord Khyryhm.

I will indeed endeavour to gain the information required, and report back to you

Lady Kili

QUOTE(SteveBatchelor @ Mar 31 2015, 05:38 PM) *
Lady Kili and Thryn,

To avoid the voices of too many people clouding the waters of this, I would ask the two of you to investigate this for me please. It appears straight forward and I would like to draw a conclusion to it as swiftly as possible for the sake of all involved moving on.

I thank you.

Khyryhm.

--------------------
Sarah Williams

Characters
Queen Gerehax (Dwarven Queen) 21K
Sushi Panama - Panther Spirit 11K
Tweegle - Jade Budoka/wizard 8K (Not a thief or a Liar)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 05:20 PM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins