Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rijkard Holsted
Stuart
post May 13 2014, 08:59 AM
Post #1

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

I have received a variety of statements regarding the actions of Rijkard Holsted in the run up to last year's 'Dawn. As a result of the information set out and the complaints levied I have no option but to try try him for Conspiracy to commit High Treason.

Should anyone else have statements they wish to make on this point, could they please send them to me directly by the end of this week.

Ruatha, Duke Stoneheart
Covenant

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Jun 24 2014, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

With regard to the case of Rijkard Holsted, former Chaplin of the 138th Imperial Legion, having requsted evidence and considered that submitted by all parties I find the following:

Holsted conspired with others senior in the 138th legion intending to remove the Senate from power by use of rite and force intending to establish a military power in their place, subordinate to the Empress. They intended to slay numerous members of the nobility who they perceived were not fulfilling their duties to Primus. Others who they perceived were fulfilling their duty would be allowed to remain in place performing their ritual obligations for the Empire. They believed they were acting in the best interests of the Empress and the Empire.

I find that as a result of a complex and planned series of actions and assaults, numerous citizens of the Empire were slain. While Holsted may have reduced somewhat the fervour of his fellow conspirators, he was complicit in their actions throughout. Their final assault was foiled by mercenary action and all of those involved in the conspiracy were slain.

Following the 'Dawn the Empress intervened to remove ostracism from Holsted (though no others) for the crime of allegiance to an ostracised organisation (the former 138th). He has been returned to life and surrendered to custody immediately.

The Empress has confirmed that she did not absolve him of guilt for the crime of conspiracy to commit High Treason, leaving that outstanding matter to be dealt with. She did however instruct me that if a guilty verdict is returned then clemency should be shown to the extent that his life should not be forfeit.

The colloboration and agreement between Holsted and others amounted to a conspiracy. Having considered the finding of fact, the Senate has decided that the above actions constitute High Treason. The Empress has concurred with this decision.

I must therefore turn my mind to sentencing. The Covenant is the bearer of the Empress's mercy. Without her intervention the sentence would have been Death and Destruction. Following Her request that his life be preserved I hereby sentence Rijkard Holsted to exile from the Empire for thirty years, commencing immediately. Should he return to Imperial lands within that time he is hereby outlawed.

Holstead has accepted the consequence of his actions and accordingly has already been teleported beyond the Empire's borders.

Praise the Empress,

Ruatha, Duke Stoneheart
Covenant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 01:36 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins