> Just too damn Moderate, question
Hulud
post Jun 25 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Mercenary

Group: Members
Member No.: 891

Hello,

So I've been playing this warrior fellow called Valentine.

Valentine is a front line warrior and Knight of the Land, he is also a Knight of Battle and a member of Starlight and Glory.

When I started playing Laby a bit over a year ago (properly that is) I spent a chunk of his early adventuring time with a priest of Elbereth who is good friends with the character, after a while Valentine was essentially converted into the faith, I wrote in some background based on an adventure where Valentine nearly died and included a whole piece on a delirious notion that Elbereth had kept him alive. This was before I actually knew that I could join various guilds, political, social etc.

After I had chosen my Social and Professional guilds it came time to choose my political guild and Starlight and Glory seemed a good fit, not least because it didn't require being signed on to become a member thus suggesting it was a bit less selective than some guilds.

The Valentine character is definitely a follower of Elbereth and agrees with the tenets of the faith, being in KOTL means he is often confronted with brother knights who want to summon undead and Valentine always voices his dissaproval of this and attempts to talk people out of it.

The place where he falls down a bit is in his lack of fervour, I don't think I would ever be comfortable playing this character as anything other than moderate and the more I learn about Laby and the guilds the more it has become apparent that he may well not be fervent enough for S&G

So...what to do!

I could (now I've outed Valentine a bit) wait to be kicked out of S&G - (assuming he is too moderate - maybe they need a moderate or two?), I think I would prefer Valentine to be kicked out if his lack of fervour is unacceptable as leaving would be like walking out on the faith a bit and Valentine doesn't walk away from things.

My current thinking is to join another guild but just carry on the way I have been and not battleboard S&G

Advice from seniors within S&G would be greatly appreciated, also, feel free to ask any questions about the character if it makes a difference.

many thanks in advance.

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dnsmantra
post Jun 25 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 111

There's a whole range of faith outlooks in S&G and the faith in general. I suspect you'd be fine being one of the more moderates, from my personal opinion. The faith is really quite broad.

Huw

+Quote Post
Rob
post Jun 25 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #3

Legend

Member No.: 115

The range of levles of fervour in the church is one of the things that makes it interesting

Any issues you have will be IC not OOC - if that makes sense - so like in RL you will deal with them IC, it may go well or may go badly - again like RL. The good thing is noone will think any worse of you OOC afterwards!

Just be consistent and all is good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hulud
post Jun 25 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #4

Mercenary

Member No.: 891

I'm really encouraged by your views, this seems reasonable as one would expect a range of moderate to utterly fundamental in any religious organisation.

I suppose that if S&G started running around cutting down some of my "less alive" brother knights then I would rightly consider my place within the organisation, equally if I was running around assisting the wholesale abuse of undead spirits then I would expect to be firmly booted out (at least)

I guess my concern now becomes how it is interpreted by the various ref's, as I have seen some players who roleplayed significantly more fervour than I (and I mean seriously non-stop conversion crazy), yet seemed to get penalised for not expressing enough fervour (although there may well be other factors involved that I was not aware of) and I would hate to find myself penalised because it was wrongly assumed S&G=utterly fanatical.

thanks again for the responses.

--------------------
Neil.

PM box FULL - Please EMAIL me instead: neilmillard1@googlemail.com

-------------------------------------
Conroy Suman:Grey Wizard,Nicosia Roguri: Pathfinder,Valentine:Champion,Keyser Kint:Thug,Boone:Scout,Virgil:Oppressed Troll Ranger,Doris the Dagger:Drag queen/negotiator,Sid Snout:Editor of the Sunsday Snort.

He boiled for your sins

Ramen

+Quote Post
Jasper
post Jun 25 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #5

Arch-Enemy

Member No.: 40

For the record I really like the quiet approach Valentine has to his religion.

J

--------------------
No of course I won't ref. Are you mad?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 12:57 AM
Original Darkness Skin Created by Danellis
Converted by Mdgshorty of New Horizon Skins